True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I confess I bought lots of stuff for my stocking today including a pair of leg warmers. I wore some last week for curling and got funny looks but I know I can convince the frumps that leg warmers are awesome
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I confess that these boards have been a nice escape for me this week.

My marriage is going down the drain and I feel like a failure. I've asked him to go to counselling and he rufuses.When I ask him a question his response is always "I don't know." We barely talk and when we do it turns into an argument half the time. In our last fight, he said he is going to move out as soon as he has the money.

I not looking forward to Christmas and having to make up an excuse when my family asks why husband isn't there.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options

My marriage is going down the drain and I feel like a failure. I've asked him to go to counselling and he rufuses.When I ask him a question his response is always "I don't know." We barely talk and when we do it turns into an argument half the time. In our last fight, he said he is going to move out as soon as he has the money.

I not looking forward to Christmas and having to make up an excuse when my family asks why husband isn't there.

Keep spending his money. That'll show him. Lock him in for life.

Then take him for a ride in a hearse.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

First of all "HUGS".. <3

This sounds like a terrible situation to be in at this time off the year or any part of the year for that matter.. I cannot offer much, other than to say hang in there and I hope it all works out for the best for "you".
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Im sorry love..but try to think of it as a new phase in your life ..One where you can spread your wings and do as you please. Moving on and being happy is the best revenge.
    I know it will be tough for a bit ..but believe me at some point down the track you will realise it was the best thing that happened to you .

Big hugs ..
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options

Awww I'm sorry you're going through this. Try to enjoy your holiday and be honest with your family. Them them your husband is being a douche. I'm sure they'll support you
  • LittleHearseDriver
    Options
    Keep spending his money. That'll show him. Lock him in for life.

All of his money goes towards loans and pain pills. I pay for everything except the water and electric. Some months he misses even that.
    Then take him for a ride in a hearse.

He has battled with depression for years. I'm afraid I will come home one day and find him dead. It terrifies me.

• LittleHearseDriver
    Options
    On a more positive note

I must confess the Darkfever Series by Karen Marie Morning is addictive. I finishes the 2nd book in two days.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »
    I just made a shadowbox with my grandpa. The corners don't fit together very well, and I'm pretty bummed about it, but I don't want to tell him.

that's awesome

so what if it's not perfect? life ain't perfect either.

keep it the way it is and just remember the time you spent with him; it's priceless
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I just made a shadowbox with my grandpa. The corners don't fit together very well, and I'm pretty bummed about it, but I don't want to tell him.

that's awesome

keep it the way it is and just remember the time you spent with him; it's priceless

I just wanted to make it look good. Even if I end up redoing it, I'll probably keep the original though, you're right. But it's his present anyway, so if he's happy with it, that's all that matters :)
  • Motorsheen
    Options

dang, kid.. I'm sorry to hear that.

just remember, This Too Shall Pass

this pertains to the good,the awful, the fantastic and the soul crushing equally
  • Motorsheen
    Options

that's awesome

I just wanted to make it look good. Even if I end up redoing it, I'll probably keep the original though, you're right. But it's his present anyway, so if he's happy with it, that's all that matters :)

awesome.

you've already given him the best gift that he could ask for;that is: His time with you

...and who could blame him for being thrilled with someone as bright, pretty and charming as you?
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options

that's awesome

awesome.

you've already given him the best gift that he could ask for;that is: His time with you

...and who could blame him for being thrilled with someone as bright, pretty and charming as you?

Aww, well thank you :)
  • ItsRJTV
    ItsRJTV Posts: 38 Member
    Options

I confess I'm in a similar situation I feel for you I really do
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    ItsRJTV wrote: »

I confess I'm in a similar situation I feel for you I really do

Im sorry ..its not a nice situation to be in ..
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

It's like watching the same episode of Seinfeld again and again and again.

You mean they made more than the one episode?

• PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options

4 years ago, my life was torn apart from some pretty tragic stuff, and it ended in my ex and I splitting. My family knew what was happening and they carried me through the holidays that first year. There is no need to make excuses, tell them the truth. They should support you with tons of hugs, shoulders to cry on and ears to listen with. I wish you the best of luck.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    I confess that my late night snacking is beyond my control!

This!