True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited it's Christmas Eve!!!
    I do confess it's been a bit tough at times cause I keep thinking what should I get my dad but such is life. We'll have an empty seat but we're filling it with a friend who has nowhere to go and my dad would certainly approve of that.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    tjiddy wrote: »
    I'm anxious about seeing my family later today. I've lost 40 pounds since I've seen most of them. I've also grown a bum beard and my hair is over my ears for the first time ever. One of them will say something that'll bother me. I just don't know who or what.

Just mutter something about Jesus having long hair and a beard and people will think it's because of religion and will wait and talk about you after you've left.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    tjiddy wrote: »
    I'm anxious about seeing my family later today. I've lost 40 pounds since I've seen most of them. I've also grown a bum beard and my hair is over my ears for the first time ever. One of them will say something that'll bother me. I just don't know who or what.

Just punch them as hard as you can in the mouth mid-sentence.

It's Christmas! They'll understand.
  • Savagedistraction
    Savagedistraction Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I confess I hate xmas. The reckless consumerism aside...I'm just sick of having to put on a "happy face" for the sake of my family. I'd rather just have me and my kids and order pizza, play games and laugh. Had to watch my older kids frantically search for gifts to people they "have" to buy for.. super stressful and crowded. I only do "christimas' because my dad pressures me to, and if we just skipped it I'd never hear the end of it. My kids don't care. They just want family time and food, they don't care about presents, they were not raised to be like that. OH..plus I just worked a stressful night shift (nurse), and now I have to frantically run around all day, travel etc..by the time I get to sleep xmas eve, I will have not slept for almost 40 hours.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I had a few days where I felt pretty this week and my confidence was up. I felt good :) THEN we decorated Christmas cookies and someone else took pictures....I saw pictures of myself (full body) that somebody else took. So I saw myself through somebody else's eyes..no good angles, no good light, just reality. I feel so ashamed for my earlier confidence in the week.

This is bullshrimp! Don't feel shame for feeling good for one effing minute! Your confidence is from your progress and the hard work you have put in. And it's hard earned. You are a work in progress but not one you are avoiding. I'm 3 lbs from goal and still hate seeing pics of myself. But I'm confident in how I got here and my progress. I've seen your progress honey. You EARNED that confidence.
    I had a few days where I felt pretty this week and my confidence was up. I felt good :) THEN we decorated Christmas cookies and someone else took pictures....I saw pictures of myself (full body) that somebody else took. So I saw myself through somebody else's eyes..no good angles, no good light, just reality. I feel so ashamed for my earlier confidence in the week.

This is bullshrimp! Don't feel shame for feeling good for one effing minute! Your confidence is from your progress and the hard work you have put in. And it's hard earned. You are a work in progress but not one you are avoiding. I'm 3 lbs from goal and still hate seeing pics of myself. But I'm confident in how I got here and my progress. I've seen your progress honey. You EARNED that confidence.

This all day long. Confidence shouldn't come only when you look your best. It should come with knowing how far you've come and knowing that you will get where you want to be.

We all have bad days. I see pictures of myself I don't like all the time. But I'm confident in knowing if I don't like something I'm capable of changing it.

I am working on changing it. this is my confession though and I can't help how i feel. I feel shame and disgust, I feel gross. Yes I'm proud of how far ive come and how hard i've worked..this is true. I'm not just gonna roll over and die either. I will keep going until I get where I want to be. But I can't help that I feel ashamed that I felt I looked good bodywise....then I saw the truth....and I felt shame for what I saw. THat is my confession those were my emotions. Saw yes at that moment I felt the confidence sure I earned it....but reality is a *kitten* *kitten* isn't she?

I think you're pretty awesome; I damn sure do.

let's see... pretty, funny, sweet. yeah, three outta three ain't bad!

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Good grief.. I confess that I type out a confession and then delete it.. I do this often.. Maybe cause my confessions are stupid..
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    I confess that I am not in the Christmas spirit at all and can't wait until it's over. This is my 4th Christmas alone and I'm feeling really depressed and sad. I used to love Christmas. I hate it now.

Hang in there, kid