True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I confess im starting to miss the feeling of a relationship. I miss buying random gifts just because and spoiling someone.

But I don't forsee me getting back with my ex and I'm not settling for just anybody so I'll just have to be patient as I've always been doing. And i still need to work on myself for awhile.

No need for settling. Ever! Keep working on you my friend, the rest will fall into place

I will become the evolved version of me. Mr. 2.0 due out sometime this year hopefully lol

Are there pre-sales? Lol

Samples of the 1.5 beta will be out toward the end of next month, I'll put you on the mailing list lol.
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    moya_bleh wrote: »
    angelxsss wrote: »
    I'm genuinely ashamed of myself for my height, the effect that it has on women - and the consequence of me deliberately avoiding having anything to do with them (like crossing the street to avoid them or shifting sideways with my back to them when I can't cross the street and have to pass them) because I'm scared of the hate that I'll receive from them for being 5'8".

Have you considered therapy? 5'8 is a perfectly acceptable height, imo, and it seems like you might be putting more stock into it than others do.

Tried therapy. It won't change attitudes of others. I've been single for four years and on dating sites for that time. I was never self-conscious of my height before then.

"Don't even read this if you're under 6ft"

"I'm 5'3" and I like my heels, so nobody under 5'10"

"Swipe left if your height starts with 5"

Or the constant "How tall are you?" only to be immediately blocked, even if the woman blocking me is 5'2" or under herself.

Over and over and over and over again. That's not me, therapy isn't going to cure others' shallowness, narcissism or hateful attitudes.

I'm 6'4 but I don't believe there is anything wrong with your height in my opinion. I have two male friends that are around 5'7 to 5'8 and they have no trouble with women. I actually call one of them a man *kitten* because the shoe fits so to speak. I think your self perception needs to improve. You look like you're in great shape. I think you probably have a lot going for you that you don't realize.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    @moya_bleh People are vain and stupid. The women who pass you up are probably the ones who whine on Facebook about the lack of good men in the world.
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I'm considering adding *kitten* to my normal everyday language of texting, emailing, ect. It's starting to catch on with me. For instance... Hey Lieutenant I need to taken a *kitten* sick day tomorrow.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    nolan44219 wrote: »
    I'm considering adding *kitten* to my normal everyday language of texting, emailing, ect. It's starting to catch on with me. For instance... Hey Lieutenant I need to taken a *kitten* sick day tomorrow.

That's when you know you've been spending too much time here
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    Chandra126 wrote: »

Where do you want to go?

So funny to me 'cause one of the places that I most want to visit is the UK!

I am Canadian, and I also want to see all of Canada, (all that I haven't seen already)

#1 on my "travel to list" list is UK and New Zealand and Australia

I want to move to the US.

I'll trade with you.

Re: the height thing: screw online dating. Everyone gets to be as shallow as they want to be. They'd probably not be so picky IRL, but instead they're trying to find their unicorn.

My cousin is 5'9". She met her 5'8" husband when he came to fix her work computer. They've been happily married 8 years. My friend is just under 5'8", his girlfriend is maaaybe 5'0". He met her while getting the mail in his apartment complex. You're not going to meet women by avoiding them, and I bet you'll do better having an actual conversation with a person where you can connect.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    nolan44219 wrote: »

I might use this at skating tonight. I feel an outburst is imminent maybe using kitten will help
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    jnichel wrote: »
    synchkat wrote: »
    Tonight my dude finally understood that he thinks we could have a future while I know we can't. I've been trying to tell him that that's the case from the get go, but he decided to believe "it's just the beginning, we'll see where it goes" and leaving the door open for something to possibly happen.

I confess that even though one could argue it was him letting himself get hurt after I clearly explained my stance, I still feel awful for hurting his feelings.

I also confess that I'm possibly more sad for him than for me. I've been really happy after being really sad for so long, and I know I'm just going to go back to being sad, and I really am having a hard time with accepting that that's how it'll be again.

But why can't you just see where it goes? If you're enjoying him and having fun why set parameters

Because he's too old and I'm not attracted to him. And I don't want to waste his time or lead him on because I know he's more serious about me than I am about him. He talked tonight about me meeting his kids. And we've been at this for just short of 3 weeks

What caused the attraction to disappear in 3 weeks? I mean, I assume you were attracted to him at the beginning.
    The attraction was mainly because he treated me really well, he was smart, he has blue eyes, and he's honest with me. There are just a few things he does that he isn't going to stop doing that bug me, and past his eyes, there's not really much physical attraction at all.

Better to find them out now than way down the road.