Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

True Confessions - Don't Judge

Replies

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    I've been waking up every night at 2:16am and I don't know why.

Because I've been throwing water chestnuts at your window at that time.
  • looklucklove
    looklucklove Posts: 128 Member
    I confess I'm waiting outside the dressing room while my daughter tries on every article of clothing in the store. Shoot me now.
  • jnichel
    I confess I'm waiting outside the dressing room while my daughter tries on every article of clothing in the store. Shoot me now.

Reason number 64 that I'm glad to only have boys. :)
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    I confess that for some reason I never pay my cable bill on time and my reminder is when the cable goes out. I'm a rebel like that. :#

I let this happen with most bills. It's dumb but what I do
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    I confess that for some reason I never pay my cable bill on time and my reminder is when the cable goes out. I'm a rebel like that. :#

We unplugged cable and dish television because most programming sucks.
  • jnichel
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I can't do that until the NFL ends their exclusive contract with DirecTV. It's the only way I can see most Saints' games here.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    edited February 2017
    I confess I have no patience for people at the grocery store. This is 2017 there is no reason you should be writing out a paper check to hand to a cashier and holding up the line for 10 minutes. You should also not block the aisle with your cart if you do not want me to knock it out of the way when you stand there twiddling your thumbs looking for stuff. Ugh.
  • Motorsheen
    jnichel wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I can't do that until the NFL ends their exclusive contract with DirecTV. It's the only way I can see most Saints' games here.

I waited until the end of football season and only then pulled the plug.

I have a HD antenna for football and go to the local hang out for NYG games
  • I confess to eating 4 brownies, half a bag of pork rinds, and 2 Moscow mules, and staying up way too late to watch reruns of Designing Women last night. In my defense, my house has been undergoing major repairs, water damage, window repairs, ect, so stressful. I did make a healthy dinner and had sex first, so that sort of counts as exercise, right?
  • Motorsheen
    I confess to eating 4 brownies, half a bag of pork rinds, and 2 Moscow mules, and staying up way too late to watch reruns of Designing Women last night. In my defense, my house has been undergoing major repairs, water damage, window repairs, ect, so stressful. I did make a healthy dinner and had sex first, so that sort of counts as exercise, right?

that depends.

we'll need more details on the sex part.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    I confess there are a group of high school kids sitting behind me at this restaurant and I feel really pressured to look cool
  • synchkat
    I have a confession. I secretly cheered when the election turned out the way it did. In terms of political theory, when the fourth estate bats for an arm of the second, it's the road to dystopia and minitrue. I also have an inner strain of Christian extremism. Believe in core ideals of Christendom and the like...

But with the state of the events that have panned out as the last few days, it's awoken the humanist inside me. It's very Christ-like to feel compassion towards the oppressed. Families torn apart by sudden rules. Millions of families living in anxiety, esp among the hispanic/muslim community. Rights of women and LGBT folks are all about to be eroded. This is not right and I am ashamed of myself for secretly cheering two months ago. I am usually sensible when it comes to political science and convictions but I had a brief fulk of neuilly insanity moment and it washed over me like a tide. It's been troubling me lately.

I admit it takes a lot of introspection to admit something like this and I applaud you for doing so
  • angelxsss
    edited February 2017
    Kasner1975 wrote: »
    I confess that I'm quite upset that my oldest son decided on a sleepover with his cousin rather than spending the weekend with me and his brother.

It's most likely not personal, he probably just doesn't understand how precious your time together is. But that still doesn't make it less hurtful.

Depending on how old he is now, he might regret it. Like when I was probably 12, I was being a little *kitten* and made up an excuse about being on my period because I wanted to stay home and chat on message boards instead of seeing animatronic dinosaurs with my grandpa. He's not dead or anything now, but I really regret not going.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    I confess that I'm quite upset that my oldest son decided on a sleepover with his cousin rather than spending the weekend with me and his brother.

Shawn , he's growing up, it isn't personal, he's at that age..even if he lived with you, there comes a time where you see them start to spread their wings a little ..they spend a little more time with friends . Don't be sad, I know its hard watching what feels like your little boy drifting away a bit. But honestly as he gets older a different type of bond develops and as a parent to older children ..all I can say is you have lots to look forward to ..
    Hugs for now :*
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    I confess I want another glass of wine so badly but I have to drive my son to a party in a couple of hours and I have to be responsible. Damn!!! Fuckingkids.
  • synchkat
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I confess I want another glass of wine so badly but I have to drive my son to a party in a couple of hours and I have to be responsible. Damn!!! Fuckingkids.

get Uber :)
  • angelxsss
    I confess sometimes my grandma with dementia embarrasses me. And I feel guilty about it.
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    I confess I'd like to crush a Mellow Mushroom pizza right now. That being said, rum won out as my treat for the weekend instead of pizza.
  • slimgirljo15

Shawn , he's growing up, it isn't personal, he's at that age..even if he lived with you, there comes a time where you see them start to spread their wings a little ..they spend a little more time with friends . Don't be sad, I know its hard watching what feels like your little boy drifting away a bit. But honestly as he gets older a different type of bond develops and as a parent to older children ..all I can say is you have lots to look forward to ..

You are wise Jo... and I understand that he is growing up. Although it is difficult to not to take it personally when a measly four days a month with him can't be maintained by him or his mother. Of course I don't blame him, but the importance of these visits presently only seem to be important to me.... and that hurts.

I know love ..I've been there ..as tough as it was ..I was patient, tried never to show how it upset me ....always showed love and support and I now have a super close loving relationship with that son....

Btw..I went 3 years with no contact at all ..I do know how much it hurts ..
  • slimgirljo15

You are wise Jo... and I understand that he is growing up. Although it is difficult to not to take it personally when a measly four days a month with him can't be maintained by him or his mother. Of course I don't blame him, but the importance of these visits presently only seem to be important to me.... and that hurts.

I know love ..I've been there ..as tough as it was ..I was patient, tried never to show how it upset me ....always showed love and support and I now have a super close loving relationship with that son....

Btw..I went 3 years with no contact at all ..I do know how much it hurts ..

I couldn't imagine Jo, I'm sorry for that..... I never let on that it upsets me either. I tell him he's a big boy and he can decide what he wants to do on his weekends, and either way is fine with me. He doesn't need to know that there are tears when the video chat is over.

Awww :* so long as he knows you always are happy to see him when he wants, its the best you can do ..
    I think 2 of the hardest things I ever did was
    Being a parent in a divorce situation and
    being a step mum..

Good thing is I weathered everything thrown at me with grace and a smile (tears were private)
    I now have a close relationship with all ..
    It was hard but eventually you get to a good place ..
    Wish you luck my friend.