True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• FairhavenDS
    FairhavenDS Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    sarahbums wrote: »
    I confess that I ruined my credit score and went into tons of debt in college because I honestly didn't expect to even be, y'know...around....at this age. So now im 23, unemployed, and I've ruined any chance of ever owning a car, house, hell even getting an apartment or loan. It's terrifying and I'm starting to really wonder if that kind of life is worth living

so don't be like me, kids! be fiscally responsible!

Welcome to most young people's start to life. I did the same, racked up almost $100k of debt. But with some pretty thin years of living, over the next several years I was able to finish college, get a decent job, slowly but surely learn the difference between wants and needs, and pay everything off. With consistent scheduled saving and investment (as little as $25 per week) I have built back up to a decent financial place. Even on a modest teacher's salary.

Lesson learned, now go fix it and make the change. The earlier you start saving and investing, the more compound interest works for you.

It is EXACTLY like fitness and losing weight. Make a plan, stick to the plan, and over time when you sacrifice things you want now for want you really need in the long run, you will get there.

Well put!
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    subcounter wrote: »
    salembambi wrote: »
    I knew my living all alone would probably end up with me killing myself

see the bright side, I live alone as well. Pants are optional in the house, can leave a mess without any passive aggressive judgement, dance to backstreet boys. Best of all, no mysteriously disappearing food.

I may or may not be passive aggressively judging you right now about dancing to the Backstreet Boys

tumblr_nnl62y8h9p1qfyjoto1_500.gif

You know you want to too. :smiley:

Well after your appropriate use of 'to' and 'too' you have me thinking about it.
    ;)

I mean, I feel like your just gonna see through it all. Their are many ways I could loose focus and all.
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I confess that I often put a sign that says, "In a teleconference", on my door at work and close it for an hour at a time. But there is no teleconference.
  • subcounter
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    I knew my living all alone would probably end up with me killing myself

see the bright side, I live alone as well. Pants are optional in the house, can leave a mess without any passive aggressive judgement, dance to backstreet boys. Best of all, no mysteriously disappearing food.

I may or may not be passive aggressively judging you right now about dancing to the Backstreet Boys

tumblr_nnl62y8h9p1qfyjoto1_500.gif

You know you want to too. :smiley:

Well after your appropriate use of 'to' and 'too' you have me thinking about it.
    ;)

I mean, I feel like your just gonna see through it all. Their are many ways I could loose focus and all.

Ok, now you just made me stroke out.
    I take back any aforementioned swooning.

post-38083-I-dont-know-whether-to-be-prou-KAsN.gif
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    eli67 wrote: »
    I confess I like the frisky confessions lol

Do tell
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    tjiddy wrote: »
    This is my bucket list...
    7paz3ibx89lp.jpg

What? wait... that's like supersize food right? You can eat all that?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I confess I wish I had better social skills. Met a cool girl at the show last night and we didn't exchange info so I internet stalked her to death and now I don't know whether to play it cool or ask how her daughter's birthday party in August was.

You should totally send a belated birthday present.
  • subcounter
    Options
    I confess I wish I had better social skills. Met a cool girl at the show last night and we didn't exchange info so I internet stalked her to death and now I don't know whether to play it cool or ask how her daughter's birthday party in August was.

I think you should totally leave rose petals on her bed.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options

I think you should totally leave rose petals on her bed.

Or better, show up naked in her shower..
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

r6to0c5rn4pa.jpg

That's how I feel about you too.

ddjqrwnz12ss.gif
  • cee134
    edited February 2017
    Options
    7paz3ibx89lp.jpg

Save me a seat! I want the Texas Squealer, but I am not sure I can order it without blushing

It's 15 minutes from the Big House...just sayin'...

@tjiddy I confess I wonder what you thought about Jurassic World?
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    7paz3ibx89lp.jpg

Save me a seat! I want the Texas Squealer, but I am not sure I can order it without blushing

I'd like to go to a game at the big house. I think that would be an awesome experience. I'm not a Michigan fan really but I could definitely be a bandwagon fan when they play certain teams I dislike.
  • cee134
    edited February 2017
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    7paz3ibx89lp.jpg

@tjiddy I confess I wonder what you thoughts about Jurassic World?

I go back and forth on it every time I see it. I really dug some of the nostalgic stuff, but I cringed thinking "not this crap again". I don't hate it. That's the best way for me to describe it. I'm still bitter about Lost World. I read the book before the movie and was like "woah", then the movie plot was a complete 180 of the book.

Yeah, when Jurassic Park ended with main characters still alive that shouldn't be, that's when I knew there was trouble. Jurassic World was good.... but.... the ending was predictable and stupid. Still I think it was the 2nd best movie of the series.
  • cee134
    Options
    nolan44219 wrote: »
    7paz3ibx89lp.jpg

I'd like to go to a game at the big house. I think that would be an awesome experience. I'm not a Michigan fan really but I could definitely be a bandwagon fan when they play certain teams I dislike.

I'll host anyone that wants to see a game here

All 3 of us at the same time?! I think there is a term for that.....

Triumvirate?