True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I confess I want to grab one of my co-workers by the shoulder and shake the ever loving *kitten* out of them and yell in their face "the world does not revolve around you!!!"
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Every time I see a picture of someone on here I think I recognize I get a little pain in my gut.

I have felt the same way. :(

Just push, you'll be fine.

• RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    My 1 year old choked while we were having breakfast this weekend. Her father and I did all the right things and got the food out right away. We took her to the hospital to get checked, and all was good. Although I know the chances of that happening again is slim, I confess that I get major anxiety (way more than before) everytime she eats.
  • RastaLousGirl
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    My 1 year old choked while we were having breakfast this weekend. Her father and I did all the right things and got the food out right away. We took her to the hospital to get checked, and all was good. Although I know the chances of that happening again is slim, I confess that I get major anxiety (way more than before) everytime she eats.

This is the worst fear....I still have it and my oldest is 13.

Geez.. I was hoping it would go away in time... But now, I am just going to have to learn how to deal with the anxiety.
  • Timshel_
    Options

Been there!
  • RastaLousGirl
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »

Been there!

Please tell me the anxiety fades!
  • Timshel_
    Options

Been there!

Over time it does, but honestly being a parent you will always have those moments of fear. Even in the happiest moments, things cross your mind and the weight of the responsibility is really heavy. It does subside as they get older, or it has for me. But something happening to my kids is my absolute worst fear.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Been there!

Over time it does, but honestly being a parent you will always have those moments of fear. Even in the happiest moments, things cross your mind and the weight of the responsibility is really heavy. It does subside as they get older, or it has for me. But something happening to my kids is my absolute worst fear.

I'm already worrying about them driving. Still have a few more years but I still worry!

I worry about this too. My son will be 16 at the end of this year and we have already been talking about it. He also has a moped and is mad at me right now because I won't let him drive it even though it's been 70 out all week. I keep telling him there's still too much sand on the roads. He thinks I am mean and crazy.
  • merrysailor88
    merrysailor88 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I think I'm sending mixed signals at the gym.......

Today I wore my tank that says "I could deadlift you" while sporting a Nemo band-aid over a papercut on my finger.

Just keep people guessing.... they'll never know which signal to follow.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    Mine will be 24 in April, I worry I may never have grandchildren. Stupid I know.

I confess, I had to go check out your profile. I just assumed from your profile pic you were like mid 20's yourself.
  • RastaLousGirl
    Options

Been there!

Completely agree. My oldest is 14, and I have a set of new worries. However, food was never the issue with her. Meaning, I never had anxiety over her choking, but I was cautious. Maybe it was because I was younger and my mother really helped me, and I never experienced actual choking before. I will be taking a lot of deep breaths! :smile:
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I confess I liked the boob job thread.
  • RastaLousGirl
    Options

Been there!

I'm already worrying about them driving. Still have a few more years but I still worry!

My oldest is about to get her driving permit, she is turning 15 next month. smh... I am really proud of the young lady she is growing to be, but it is going by so fast.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options

Been there!

Mine will be 24 in April, I worry I may never have grandchildren. Stupid I know.

I worry about that for my mom
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i screwed up royally for my type two diabetes. i thought i was at 36 unites of insulin in the morning. when i was actually at 46. and i'm also taking 22 unites of insulin at night. i have had brain frog for the last week and some. now i have to get back to where i was. i can't believe i screwed up big time. at least we caught it in time but it explains a tot of the yucky feelings i have been having lately
  • RastaLousGirl
    Options
    i screwed up royally for my type two diabetes. i thought i was at 36 unites of insulin in the morning. when i was actually at 46. and i'm also taking 22 unites of insulin at night. i have had brain frog for the last week and some. now i have to get back to where i was. i can't believe i screwed up big time. at least we caught it in time but it explains a tot of the yucky feelings i have been having lately

Glad you caught it in time! Hope you start feeling better!