True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Need to go see my mom at lunch but I'm looking for excuses to get out of it.

Don't, one day she'll be gone and you'll regret things like this.

This.

My mom is still alive but lives over 1000 miles away. I only see her twice a year and wish I could get lunch with her sometimes.
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    On Friday, I'm doing career day at my old high school and I confess I'm a little nervous.

I did it last year and the kids asked for me to come back again. I'm glad I didn't traumatize them too much.

Bring some nasty azz pictures of dead people and this will assure you wont be asked back AND you wont have to be nervous about it next year.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    @tmanfromtexas
    I don't take pictures of the dead, that would be tacky and disrespectful. I wouldn't want someone doing that to me or someone I love.
  • Pamela_43
    Pamela_43 Posts: 315 Member
    Options

I confess I haven't seen or talked to my mother since the beginning of January, not even on my birthday last month... she lives around the corner.
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    @tmanfromtexas
    I don't take pictures of the dead, that would be tacky and disrespectful. I wouldn't want someone doing that to me or someone I love.

I was kidding. Damn.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    @Pamela_43 wrote: »

I confess I haven't seen or talked to my mother since the beginning of January, not even on my birthday last month... she lives around the corner.

Go see her!!!
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    I don't want to do yard work today :s
  • Pamela_43
    Options
    @Pamela_43 wrote: »

Go see her!!!

I would but she doesn't care to see me I think. We aren't close. Her current husband doesn't like me and she doesn't answer my texts or calls. *shrug*
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I confess, needing more centering...more focus. It's is easier to stray, to waiver, to give up. But nothing worth having was ever promised to be easy.
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm glad Spring has sprung...boing!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm a bit perturbed this afternoon didn't work out as planned but oh well such is life
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    FeraFilia wrote: »

Don't, one day she'll be gone and you'll regret things like this.

This.

My mom is still alive but lives over 1000 miles away. I only see her twice a year and wish I could get lunch with her sometimes.

Mom is 30 minutes away.

We talk or text everyday and I see her a couple / few times a week.

You are lucky. Cherish it. :)
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I have to text or call my mom everyday...if I don't visit every other day or if she doesn't have something on every day then the texts get more frequent and crazier. It's tiring some days but I've developed a method and just ignore the crazy ones
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I love my mom dearly but I don't need to talk to her daily. Once a week or so is plenty. I'm there at least that much doing stuff around the house she can't do anyways to help her out or taking her to the doctors. Again love her to death but I enjoy the space apart we have.
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options

my mom lives with us. i really don't need to say anything else lol.
  • Pamela_43
    Options
    My mother has always been cool and distant. The current husband makes it worse. Maybe the next one will be better. Lol. Now my in laws are both disabled and live beside us. I take care of them full time, soooo....I see them every day....yep.....every.....day.....