Replies

• FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    jamcdonel wrote: »
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    FeraFilia wrote: »

I grew up in Maryland... I season everything with Old Bay. Midwesterners look at me funny when I put it on my fries.

There is a restaurant here that does potato wedges covered in Old Bay and they serve it with this cucumber sauce for dipping. I could eat that all day long

DROOL. I love Old Bay on my potatoes.

Utz's Potato chips make an old bay flavored chip. I forget what they call it

I can't get crab chips here either. Or any Utz chips. :cry:
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I confess that I miserably failed to make my birthday dinner and cake fit into my calorie goals. Better luck tomorrow!

"One year older and closer to death. But Happy Birthday!"

Also, happy birthday! Now stop worrying about calories until tomorrow.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    fitbritt__ wrote: »
    My guilty pleasure is Taylor swift

I downloaded a Miley Cyrus song. I like it. It makes me happy. Eff everyone else.

A confession and empathy all in the same post.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options

I downloaded a Miley Cyrus song. I like it. It makes me happy. Eff everyone else.

Man Card....

Demerit !
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options

I like that song...

"So here's my number, so call me maybe"

Lol... :#
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options

Can't Be Tamed? :p
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options

I like that song...

"So here's my number, so call me maybe"

Lol... :#
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »

Can't Be Tamed? :p

My man card already got a demerit tonight. Not confessing to particular songs.
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options

well, i like neil diamond.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options

He's so awesome. the guy who coaches the Tuesday morning adult class where I skate LOVES Neil so often we skate to his music. Song sung blue is a fave to skate to just makes me so happy
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options

There is a great documentary about Neil Diamond called Saving Silverman.
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    Options

There is a great documentary about Neil Diamond called Saving Silverman.

haha...love that movie
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options

Haha. There was this eccentric old guy a few years back whom we had to deal with at work. He was obsessed with Neil Diamond. Genuinely every other thing he uttered was "Neil Diamond" and then he'd start singing Sweet Caroline. Me being a happy go lucky kind of guy joined in - well - kind of the bits I knew, anyway. Funny, funny guy.
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

He's so awesome. the guy who coaches the Tuesday morning adult class where I skate LOVES Neil so often we skate to his music. Song sung blue is a fave to skate to just makes me so happy

i saw him live a couple years ago. i was very relieved that my mom and wife agreed to go with me.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

i saw him live a couple years ago. i was very relieved that my mom and wife agreed to go with me.

keep-calm-and-hand-over-your-man-card-1.png
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    I confess that I miserably failed to make my birthday dinner and cake fit into my calorie goals. Better luck tomorrow!

"One year older and closer to death. But Happy Birthday!"

Happy birthday :)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I had someone that I felt close to say some very hurtful things to me earlier today. Even though they have since apologized, I'm not 100% sure that is was sincere. When things like "we just run in different circles" and "our worlds don't mesh" are said by someone you've talked to every day for a long time, it makes you question things. Things like that are said to make you feel inferior.

I confess that I don't feel inferior. I confess that I'm proud of my blue collar roots and beliefs. I have a very good job and do very well for myself, but I live in a town where I have to deal with a bunch of people that think they are better than everyone else. I do it to make sure my kids go to the best schools. I see their peers that have parents that have passed down this socialite attitude to their kids and it makes me sad. People that build themselves up, by knocking others down suck. Guess what, I belong to the same clubs you do. I pay the same taxes you do. I make just as much as you do, but when it comes down to it, I don't have to rub peoples nose in it to make a point. My oldest daughter has tattoos all over...so what! My other daughter is a little overweight...so what! My other daughter dyed her hair then cut it off...so what! My youngest daughter is the only girl on the wrestling team...so what! All four of them are the smartest, most confident in their own skin and well rounded girls you'll ever meet. So there!

So...I just wanted to vent. I really really really really dislike snobs. I've dealt with it growing up, I deal with it in my town, and I've even dealt with it here. Mean people suck, and sometimes, it takes a while for it to come out. Today, I was blindsided by someone that made a point to remind me that I was not on the same level as them. I'm usually good at seeing that coming, so if I'm getting burned, it can happen to others.

Ok...I'm done now. Time to go look at cat gifs.

Im almost speechless....
    But I will say ..you have an amazing attitude and Im absolutely stoked to be your friend..you are freaking awesome :)
  • synchkat
    edited April 2017
    Options

I confess this migraine better go way soon cause it's annoying
  • turbostang7
    turbostang7 Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I had someone that I felt close to say some very hurtful things to me earlier today. Even though they have since apologized, I'm not 100% sure that is was sincere. When things like "we just run in different circles" and "our worlds don't mesh" are said by someone you've talked to every day for a long time, it makes you question things. Things like that are said to make you feel inferior.

I confess that I don't feel inferior. I confess that I'm proud of my blue collar roots and beliefs. I have a very good job and do very well for myself, but I live in a town where I have to deal with a bunch of people that think they are better than everyone else. I do it to make sure my kids go to the best schools. I see their peers that have parents that have passed down this socialite attitude to their kids and it makes me sad. People that build themselves up, by knocking others down suck. Guess what, I belong to the same clubs you do. I pay the same taxes you do. I make just as much as you do, but when it comes down to it, I don't have to rub peoples nose in it to make a point. My oldest daughter has tattoos all over...so what! My other daughter is a little overweight...so what! My other daughter dyed her hair then cut it off...so what! My youngest daughter is the only girl on the wrestling team...so what! All four of them are the smartest, most confident in their own skin and well rounded girls you'll ever meet. So there!

So...I just wanted to vent. I really really really really dislike snobs. I've dealt with it growing up, I deal with it in my town, and I've even dealt with it here. Mean people suck, and sometimes, it takes a while for it to come out. Today, I was blindsided by someone that made a point to remind me that I was not on the same level as them. I'm usually good at seeing that coming, so if I'm getting burned, it can happen to others.

Ok...I'm done now. Time to go look at cat gifs.

This makes me sad.
    You are amazing! I'm sorry that someone you were close with would say such hurtful things. Sometimes you just have to cut the negativity out of your life.
    I don't like people like that.
    You have a great attitude and are a great person and that's what matters ❤
  • synchkat
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I confess there are some really good people in this world who genuinely care because they just have a good heart. When you find those people don't let them go. And there's some really kind, caring people here who show concern to a virtual stranger and that means a lot to someone who has trouble accepting they aren't superhuman