True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I confess I don't know what I like being called or even how to respond to compliments. A woman on facebook who I didn't know called me a cute nerd...I guess that's cool, I don't know lol.

The best way to respond to a compliment is to say "thank you".

Well I do that much lol. I guess more so when it happens I just get really caught off guard. And in rare moments when it happens in person I say thanks and just sit there with a big dumb smile on my face.

It doesn't bother me if someone says handsome or whatever adjective they see fit. I take it as an act of kindness.
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I confess, buttery balls made me laugh @Gimsteinn1 x
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I think complaining about being called handsome is ridiculous. If you are basing how you feel about yourself compared to the drivel that gets spouted on mfp, please put down your phone and start to live in reality. All that matters is how you feel about yourself. To be offended when someone says a kindness such as "you are handsome" is some kind of nerve.

My comment was specifically about the nerve that gets struck in the "cute" vs "hot" thing. I love the compliments I get on here. All of them. I'm talking real world stuff that goes back to the days of hearing the girls you like saying "Oh, TJ, he's so cute (or funny, or sweet, etc.), but so and so...he's SO HOT!!! (with a total change in tone that you all know what I'm talking about). That's why I was agreeing with the original statement, more so on the cute part.

Also, region plays a lot into it as well. People say and mean different things depending on where they're from. So someones handsome in Michigan may mean, meh, it could mean I wanna rip your clothes off somewhere else. That's a factor too.

So...you can compliment me all you want! I'll take whatever I can get at this point.

@BowlingForHollars you make my lady parts tingle...I hope there is no doubt that I think you are super sexy hot and hand.....errrmmm good looking ;)
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    @Carillon_Campanello I see your point about a certain word that was used by someone who hurt you deeply can make you cringe. I hope you don't take offense or let that ruin what could be a wonderful compliment, especially if it comes from a complete stranger.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    It seems bizarre that good looking men are complaining about being called..handsome. I wonder if less attractive guys would be so upset??
    Just thinking out loud..hmmm
    @lstrat115 I won't be using that term either ..who knew it was offensive .. :/

@ExileFromTheNorth ..I love your snark mani :)

Hell, I am afraid to use any term now! Maybe everyone wants to be 'hot'? I don't think everyone is hot. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't want them in various ways....

If you don't require validation on the internet what the hell are you afraid of using words for? Jesus make up your mind.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I confess I like when people call me handsome.

Edit to add: I also like it when people give me compliments.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I confess that I would like the men who dislike the word 'handsome' to Google image search 'handsome'.
    You may change your opinions because holy hell I would take any of those men that showed up (minus Tom Cruise) and do filthy things with them.

There's enough we can share. LOL Holy *kitten*!!
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I confess that I would like the men who dislike the word 'handsome' to Google image search 'handsome'.
    You may change your opinions because holy hell I would take any of those men that showed up (minus Tom Cruise) and do filthy things with them.

I confess I don't like seeing Tom Cruise in the new Mummy movie that's coming out.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    You're the batmobile personified my friend.

mtatsry4qzid.gif
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options

Try googling why men don't like to be called handsome then image search. Interesting

Internet forever.

olr7lqnsb20o.png

Haterz will say it is photoshopped. ;)
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I confess some of these men b itch more then women...gheeze...get over yourselves. Okay you're NOT handsome when you're complaining about a compliment. Really?? smh

ps. I didn't read everyone's comment but those I've read made me cringe a little.

Wow that's a lot of judgement from an OP who named the thread lest you forget "True Confessions Don't Judge".
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options

Try googling why men don't like to be called handsome then image search. Interesting

Internet forever.

olr7lqnsb20o.png

Haterz will say it is photoshopped. ;)
    Haha. I love that you think I'd go to all that effort. ;)

Nope not at all. I saw it too.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I confess some of these men b itch more then women...gheeze...get over yourselves. Okay you're NOT handsome when you're complaining about a compliment. Really?? smh

ps. I didn't read everyone's comment but those I've read made me cringe a little.

Wow that's a lot of judgement from an OP who named the thread lest you forget "True Confessions Don't Judge".

Oh we're following rules now??? My bad. Carry on. B)
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options

But it was in the form of a confession...which you judged. Now it's like Confession Inception in here with some Jeopardy rules thrown in.

Mass hysteria I tell ya.