True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    I worry about dementia and Alzheimer's. Had to take an additional training course for work about that subject and it is just heartbreaking.
    I confess my dad has dementia. It's really heart breaking. It hurts when he can't remember who I am.

sometimes I just go along with whoever he thinks I am that day because it seems to make him happy.

A spare heart. <3
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I worry about dementia and Alzheimer's. Had to take an additional training course for work about that subject and it is just heartbreaking.
    I confess my dad has dementia. It's really heart breaking. It hurts when he can't remember who I am.

sometimes I just go along with whoever he thinks I am that day because it seems to make him happy.

Yes keeping things positive and stress free and non argumentative is a good way to approach that type of thing.

Thats very true. :) Plus another spare heart. <3
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    moon pies, no grits.

Moon pies are so good with moonshine
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I confess I don't think I can handle any more emotional pain. I am well past what I thought was my breaking point. I just want to disappear for a while.
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess I don't think I can handle any more emotional pain. I am well past what I thought was my breaking point. I just want to disappear for a while.

You'd be amazed at just how much "more" you could actually take.

• JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I consider cute about a 5.5, but to me, handsome is more like 7.5-8.5. Perhaps how a person uses it depends on if someone uses it as a name, just as "baby" or "sweetie", or if someone is genuinely complimenting you.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I confess I despise being called "handsome".
    Like nails up and down a chalk board. I have always considered it a "you're cute" comment. Like "hey you're a 5.5-6.5-ish but there are better options out there."

To further compound my spite for this label the first time I let a woman call me this openly she broke my heart into a million pieces.

So now every time someone calls me that it reminds me of her and reopens a wound.

The end.

Well *kitten*....how's stud muffin work for ya.. :#

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

giphy.gif
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    JeanieWww wrote: »
    Hmmm, I consider cute about a 5.5, but to me, handsome is more like 7.5-8.5. Perhaps how a person uses it depends on if someone uses it as a name, just as "baby" or "sweetie", or if someone is genuinely complimenting you.
    Agree
    Like nails up and down a chalk board. I have always considered it a "you're cute" comment. Like "hey you're a 5.5-6.5-ish but there are better options out there."

To further compound my spite for this label the first time I let a woman call me this openly she broke my heart into a million pieces.

So now every time someone calls me that it reminds me of her and reopens a wound.

The end.

Yup. Always cute or handsome. Never hot or holy *kitten*. I hear ya loud and clear brother.

I always say good-looking or handsome or "you look great" as a compliment
    I would never call anyone hot or hot as fork or sexy unless they were a celebrity or stranger or, or someone I know (but behind their back, lol) or my significant other 'cause I wouldn't want them to feel sexually objectified...I'd wouldn't want offend them or make it awkward
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I confess I am hooked on a podcast geared towards men, but it has some fascinating topics and great guests.
  • _dixiana_
    Options

The end.

Oh, sad sad. Telling someone they look handsome is one of my favorite compliments to give men (whom I have the right rapport with). I don't think it's on the same level as "cute". Cute is for boys, handsome is for men.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    _dixiana_ wrote: »
    I confess I am hooked on a podcast geared towards men, but it has some fascinating topics and great guests.

TAOM
  • Carillon_Campanello
    edited April 2017
    Options

The end.

Oh, sad sad. Telling someone they look handsome is one of my favorite compliments to give men (whom I have the right rapport with). I don't think it's on the same level as "cute". Cute is for boys, handsome is for men.

Hearing handsome = "You're good looking for a not hot guy."

Ducky was handsome.
  • _dixiana_
    Options

TAOM

Stop calling me out!
    Ok.....two podcasts :neutral:
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options

TAOM

Stop calling me out!

Have you met Alpha yet???
  • _dixiana_
    Options

TAOM

Stop calling me out!

Have you met Alpha yet???

No....do I need to?

And you are quite handsome (sorry-nails on a chalkboard) and have a great smile. Someone who is hot AF is intimidating and seems "out of reach". IMHO :)

The end.

Hearing handsome = "You're good looking for a not hot guy."

Ducky was handsome.

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I confess I sometimes wonder if by responding to people on a thread called "true confessions don't judge" I am kinda judging, just by posting a reply and giving my opinion about their confession.

This confuses me a bit, lol. I am now looking up the word judge and I can't decide. I think it may be a bit judgey, even tho I don't mean any harm.