True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    i'm a handsome devil. so, a camry with only cool music like slayer and nine inch nails on the stereo. with disabled airbags and cut seat belts.

I always <3 your music choices. That makes you hot AF! ;):D

and this camry runs with custom 21" rims
  • breannemarie1993
    breannemarie1993 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I ate a lot of cookies yesterday...............
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I honestly thought telling a man he was handsome was the highest of all compliments.

Evidently not. Who knew? *shrugs*

To the contrary...and my point...it's tossed around like a beach ball in the crowd at a baseball game. Yeah it's fun once or twice but after awhile its flat and covered with some drunk guys beer. Fun when it bounces to you...but cheap and meaningless.

Okay OKAY I get it. Now can you make another confession so that I can judge you. :#

Negative.

Edit: I see that someone flagged that comment. It was 100% absolutely for serious NOT me.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    So maybe go on one of those dumb *kitten* "what would you say to the person above" posts and say "don't call me handsome!

the cool folks abandoned the fun n games section a long time ago now. true confessions is pretty active with random funny confessions as well as occasionally dark and disturbing ones for the voyeurs.

basically this thread, its like a cracker jax box with a mousetrap with nails wielded to it hidden at the bottom. which tbh is kind of unfortunate, even if you like cracker jax.

but sometimes its a pretty girl offering you the box and she's wearing something really cute and she's smiling and asking if you want her kik at the same time.

i hope that clears it up.

Wait! Those girls aren't offering me their kik! What am I doing wrong? Should I not tell them they are handsome?

the handbook says you're supposed to hang out in the selfie thread until your crush posts and then respond with either a hilarious gif, or a heart eyes emoji. once you do that 3x, and the key is to be no more than a minute after they initially post their selfie, they're supposed to offer you their kik.

Damn I've been doing it wrong the whole time!!
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I don't hand out compliments about people's appearances like the health department hands out condoms, so if I say something nice it's 100% legit.

But on the other hand.....I confess I don't comment on some selfies because I don't want to feed their ego.

Same.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,497 Member
    Options
    I'm on board with not being thrilled with being called "handsome". It's different if it's used as an adjective, that's a little better. Handsome is usually the polite way to tell a man he's not hideous....."oh don't listen to them, you're handsome" kind of thing. Definitely the cookie cutter response that a man will feel not meant went into commenting on my looks. Kind of like "yeah, you're pretty" to a woman. No real thought, just a pat on the back. Not a horrible thing, but used so commonly that when I look around and see who's getting called handsome, I'm thinking ok, that's everybody, not really impressed.

It's when someone says to me "hey handsome" that my skin crawls. Might as well just say hey sport.....champ.... big guy......chief......any irrelevant name that someone may dole out that has a somewhat condescending reference to a positive meaning.

There is nothing wrong with being described as handsome, just like being said you are pretty to a woman is not bad either. But me personally, if I were to find a woman attractive, pretty is only used in describing a specific thing, pretty smile, type thing......not just the casual brush over compliment that is reserved for everyone.....;)

Yeah this is what I was getting at in a sense.

Handsome = Toyota Camry of compliments for men.

Gee thanks...I'm a shiny red Toyota Camry. I work out so I must be the one with leather interior at least. Right?.

It's a sensible car that gets good gas mileage and has great resale. Not everyone can be a Ferrari.

then I reckon I'm a '93 Dodge Neon with a missing front bumper, a cracked windshield and three flat tires...
  • _dixiana_
    edited April 2017
    Options
    When I was 20, I was sleeping one night and woke up because I had to pee. I walked into the bathroom, sat on the toilet and started to pee. As soon as I did, I woke up and realized I was peeing the bed.

That was some deep sleeping :D

Edited to add confession....when I was 20 I went to six flags with some gay friends (we were all in flight attendant training). We went through the haunted house and I laughed so hard at all their girl screams that I peed all over myself. Wearing denim shorts.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    i'm a handsome devil. so, a camry with only cool music like slayer and nine inch nails on the stereo. with disabled airbags and cut seat belts.

I always <3 your music choices. That makes you hot AF! ;):D

and this camry runs with custom 21" rims

pxc9uagy8knl.gif
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I'm on board with not being thrilled with being called "handsome". It's different if it's used as an adjective, that's a little better. Handsome is usually the polite way to tell a man he's not hideous....."oh don't listen to them, you're handsome" kind of thing. Definitely the cookie cutter response that a man will feel not meant went into commenting on my looks. Kind of like "yeah, you're pretty" to a woman. No real thought, just a pat on the back. Not a horrible thing, but used so commonly that when I look around and see who's getting called handsome, I'm thinking ok, that's everybody, not really impressed.

It's when someone says to me "hey handsome" that my skin crawls. Might as well just say hey sport.....champ.... big guy......chief......any irrelevant name that someone may dole out that has a somewhat condescending reference to a positive meaning.

There is nothing wrong with being described as handsome, just like being said you are pretty to a woman is not bad either. But me personally, if I were to find a woman attractive, pretty is only used in describing a specific thing, pretty smile, type thing......not just the casual brush over compliment that is reserved for everyone.....;)

Gee thanks...I'm a shiny red Toyota Camry. I work out so I must be the one with leather interior at least. Right?.

It's a sensible car that gets good gas mileage and has great resale. Not everyone can be a Ferrari.

then I reckon I'm a '93 Dodge Neon with a missing front bumper, a cracked windshield and three flat tires...

Perfect. I'm a Subaru Brat with a garbage bag for one of the windows and flames spray painted on the sides. Vanity plate reads "WYTTRSH"

my wife wanted new, curb appeal landscaping for our home.

so I parked a Pontiac by the front patio
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    Two wheels are where its at. Ya'll old fogies.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Perfect. I'm a Subaru Brat with a garbage bag for one of the windows and flames spray painted on the sides. Vanity plate reads "WYTTRSH"

Bet that would look good next to my Geo Metro

Geo Metro? Hell I have my olive green Pinto parked right next to me front door, I just have to slide across the hood and hop in.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »

why settle for only two wheels?

recumbent-adult-tricycles.jpg
  • _dixiana_
    edited April 2017
    Options

Bet that would look good next to my Geo Metro

I confess I went to prom in a Geo tracker
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »

Notice the two wheels and the ball gag tipped tail on the Pokemon.

folifpni2udi.gif
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    walmart scooter is cool if you know how to handle that beast. I haven't had the pleasure.

Cars are boring, I have far more fun crashing my motorcycles.

@Gimsteinn1 you is a nightmare patient.
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options

small town boy, here. we didn't have proms. so i lucked out there.