True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• yogih
    yogih Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I confess to being surprised at people being hit on, on this site and the tone of some of the comments... i am not surprised... come on everyone, this is a weight loss site... get on it... and talk diet, food and fitness
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    @yogih wrote: »
    I confess to being surprised at people being hit on, on this site and the tone of some of the comments... i am not surprised... come on everyone, this is a weight loss site... get on it... and talk diet, food and fitness

You can do that to your heart's content on a dozen other threads outside of the Chit Chat forum.
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Prom. The only clown in a white tux out of 2 high schools' worth of junior and senior classes. This guy.

n3lifi29817k.jpg

You look handsome

I confess I wanted to comment "triggered" but didn't want to make light of your original confession.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    _dixiana_ wrote: »
    Prom. The only clown in a white tux out of 2 high schools' worth of junior and senior classes. This guy.

n3lifi29817k.jpg

You look handsome

I confess I wanted to comment "triggered" but didn't want to make light of your original confession.

I fully expected someone to do this. Glad it was TJ. At least from him I know it's from the <3
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    @RegaliTea_69 you is a funny thing
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    yogih wrote: »

MFP is just the gateway to KIK, Google Hangouts, Messenger, etc.

Welcome aboard.
  • MrStabbems
    Options
    ^do people use google hangouts!?!
  • wernertraut
    wernertraut Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Exceeded 400 Kcal from daily target without feeling crap about it (after losing 30kg in the last 4 months - just had to have that one BIG one!!!...... will burn the crap out of it with my next gym session!!)
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    _dixiana_ wrote: »

n3lifi29817k.jpg

You look handsome

I fully expected someone to do this. Glad it was TJ. At least from him I know it's from the <3

We're the same age....is it too late so say that my HS self would have totally thought you were fine?
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I'm on board with not being thrilled with being called "handsome". It's different if it's used as an adjective, that's a little better. Handsome is usually the polite way to tell a man he's not hideous....."oh don't listen to them, you're handsome" kind of thing. Definitely the cookie cutter response that a man will feel not meant went into commenting on my looks. Kind of like "yeah, you're pretty" to a woman. No real thought, just a pat on the back. Not a horrible thing, but used so commonly that when I look around and see who's getting called handsome, I'm thinking ok, that's everybody, not really impressed.

It's when someone says to me "hey handsome" that my skin crawls. Might as well just say hey sport.....champ.... big guy......chief......any irrelevant name that someone may dole out that has a somewhat condescending reference to a positive meaning.

There is nothing wrong with being described as handsome, just like being said you are pretty to a woman is not bad either. But me personally, if I were to find a woman attractive, pretty is only used in describing a specific thing, pretty smile, type thing......not just the casual brush over compliment that is reserved for everyone.....;)

Yeah this is what I was getting at in a sense.

Handsome = Toyota Camry of compliments for men.

Gee thanks...I'm a shiny red Toyota Camry. I work out so I must be the one with leather interior at least. Right?.

It's a sensible car that gets good gas mileage and has great resale. Not everyone can be a Ferrari.

then I reckon I'm a '93 Dodge Neon with a missing front bumper, a cracked windshield and three flat tires...

Perfect. I'm a Subaru Brat with a garbage bag for one of the windows and flames spray painted on the sides. Vanity plate reads "WYTTRSH"

my wife wanted new, curb appeal landscaping for our home.

so I parked a Pontiac by the front patio

pvdicqcqwwto.gif
  • MrStabbems
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    @RegaliTea_69 you is a funny thing

Why thank you! Now tell me I'm handsome!

Aww my little Hitler, compliments don't work if you demand them!

How about: If you were a stray, I would feed you and get you a nice haircut?

:neutral:
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    yogih wrote: »

I agree 100%. This really needed to be said; thank you.

.... so what are you wearing?
  • ssslasher23
    ssslasher23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I confess that I never went to prom and no one asked me either! I felt like I missed out for a little bit, but got over it pretty fast :D
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I confess that someone is waiting for my parking spot so I have nothing but time to post

I do that at work when I drive my own vehicle in. LOL
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    I confess sometimes when people are annoying me (which is really hard to do) I just tell them I have my period so they will leave me alone.

* backing out of thread
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I confess sometimes when people are annoying me (which is really hard to do) I just tell them I have my period so they will leave me alone.
    Whew!!! Me too... and I thought I was the only one. BUT I usually get a skeptical glance, what IS that about?

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options

I confess when people annoy me I sometimes walk away (or on here I stop posting) for a little while and other times I do my best to annoy them even more. And by annoy I mean subtle insults.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I confess that I received an odd email on here last weekend.. that said" You are damn sexy"... normally I would be flattered... BUT I think this fella was confused... question to the ladies... how many here would respond to that kind of unsolicited note?