True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I'm feeling a little depressed that my wife is stifling my potential dream job prospects. I owe the family stability, after missing so much on deployment, but I still feel too young to just sit around and wait to die.

Have you told her this? Providing for your family is a wonderful thing but it won't do them much good if you're unhappy. Any way you can work at getting the Dream job while working a stable job?

Yeah, we're in the early stages of discussion. I think she's in the bargaining phase. Haha. I don't think I'll be unhappy working dead end 9-5 like some 'normal person'. I'm in a perpetual state of mild content. Unfortunately, the dream job will require me to jump in with both feet.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I confess I rather enjoyed the torture I put myself through by taking a walk outside. It's hot as balls outside.
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    That's some great insight, guys. Thanks for the feedback. I think her primary concern is the high likelihood of being relocated often, 25% travel, long hours, always being on call, and the (marginal) possibility of my death or disability.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    That's some great insight, guys. Thanks for the feedback. I think her primary concern is the high likelihood of being relocated often, 25% travel, long hours, always being on call, and the (marginal) possibility of my death or disability.

Those are some valid concerns that aren't just from a monetary stand point. It sounds like she may actually like you and want you around more, preferably not dead either.
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    ICF that, after reading these posts, I feel really guilty for making my wife move with me to our 3rd city in 3 years because of work. Ouch.

But it's been a great ride so far :smiley:
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I confess I should bury myself in a hole... people are annoying the *kitten* out of me today. I should have called in irritated.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

Very curious what this job is.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I've been trying very very hard to be positive and stay in a better mood, but today is just a *kitten* day.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »
    I've been trying very very hard to be positive and stay in a better mood, but today is just a *kitten* day.

:'( sorry.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    whats all this red/blue pill stuff? is it all from that stupid documentary? (aside from matrix)
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    whats all this red/blue pill stuff? is it all from that stupid documentary? (aside from matrix)

Lack of originality I guess.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I confess i served a drunk guy a soda water shot with a salt rim and a lime on saturday
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    I confess i served a drunk guy a soda water shot with a salt rim and a lime on saturday

OMG I have totally done that. And when people complain their drink is too weak, the next one, then only booze I put in I pour into the straw so they think it's strong but really it's super not.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I'm logging my hours but just looking at apartments