Has anyone found love on MFP?

Options

Replies

• Determined_ella_89
    Determined_ella_89 Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Lol I think I'll be in that same boat.... As much as I'd love to be someone's wife... The Internet destroys hopes of a faithful and trustworthy one. Although tbh it's the person that is responsible, not the Internet.. Wouldn't you hope that finding the right person will be enough.. It takes one hell of an amazing man or woman to tell someone that they're not interested while being married. Happily or not. But some marriages are dangerous and probably torturously awful. I can see why people turn away from their best friend/partner.. But would like to think it would never happen to me in this lifetime. But until you're in that situation I guess you won't know until then :/ lol isn't love hard work.. @tracyannk28
  • JSurita3
    JSurita3 Posts: 10,177 Member
    Options
    Rottenecards_1617676_4tqcjvhm4p.png
  • JSurita3
    JSurita3 Posts: 10,177 Member
    Options
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    JSurita3 wrote: »

yeah we really are exceeding the quota here. new thread idea?

"would you find love with the poster above, yes or no?"

lmao!!
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options

and gifs...lotsa gifs!!

• Determined_ella_89
    Options
    No...but I did find lots of married guys :s

totally and completely shocking!!!

next thing you'll tell me how they have on their profile something about being "happily married with kids"

and then in a PM tell say that it's a 'loveless marriage' and he and his wife are 'basically just roommates' and that they are 'only staying together for the kids'

shocking, I know :p

Can't count how many times I've heard this one... :flushed::joy:

I think they all read from the same 'Married Man Looking to Cheat' script. You can find these people on any of the random 'blah blah blah Person Above You' threads.

:joy: it is questionable isn't it? I would love to hear two side to that story rather than one... I think their other half may feel the same or feel the other has lost interest.. Isn't it weird that people find it so hard to just talk to each other? Couldn't that cut all the years short before it gets to the point of divorce or real life cheating?

i got divorced a long time ago because things happened and i changed. i wasn't happy anymore and i knew i'd end up cheating eventually. it was painful and all for both of us. but it was worth it in the long run. i think more people need to realize its okay to walk away if you're only going to burn it all down if you stay.

Sorry to hear that :heart: I guess it is hard to stay with one person for the rest of your life... Especially with age everyone changes... I mean you could have met the perfect girl (looks wise) and married her at 20... But by 30 or 40 you may feel more attracted to someone with intelligence or someone that is kind or caring... Or they could change who they are.. Call it a mid life crisis or whatever but people do change. I guess marriage can be unrealistic to a point. But I truly believe the love for that person will never leave you.. Sometimes I do wonder if being single is better than being married.. Pros and Cons on both tbh :joy:
  • Determined_ella_89
    Options
    I apologize :joy: I'll stop now..

But the answer.. Hmm yeah I don't know... Lol
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options

It's deflecting from people's game they trying to run. Shhhhhh.... ;)
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options

next thing you'll tell me how they have on their profile something about being "happily married with kids"

and then in a PM tell say that it's a 'loveless marriage' and he and his wife are 'basically just roommates' and that they are 'only staying together for the kids'

I think they all read from the same 'Married Man Looking to Cheat' script. You can find these people on any of the random 'blah blah blah Person Above You' threads.

:joy: it is questionable isn't it? I would love to hear two side to that story rather than one... I think their other half may feel the same or feel the other has lost interest.. Isn't it weird that people find it so hard to just talk to each other? Couldn't that cut all the years short before it gets to the point of divorce or real life cheating?

i got divorced a long time ago because things happened and i changed. i wasn't happy anymore and i knew i'd end up cheating eventually. it was painful and all for both of us. but it was worth it in the long run. i think more people need to realize its okay to walk away if you're only going to burn it all down if you stay.

Sorry to hear that :heart: I guess it is hard to stay with one person for the rest of your life... Especially with age everyone changes... I mean you could have met the perfect girl (looks wise) and married her at 20... But by 30 or 40 you may feel more attracted to someone with intelligence or someone that is kind or caring... Or they could change who they are.. Call it a mid life crisis or whatever but people do change. I guess marriage can be unrealistic to a point. But I truly believe the love for that person will never leave you.. Sometimes I do wonder if being single is better than being married.. Pros and Cons on both tbh :joy:

Another passage from the 'Married Man Looking to Cheat Handbook' is that 'she (the wife) let herself go'.

• Determined_ella_89
    Options
  • Determined_ella_89
    Options

Another passage from the 'Married Man Looking to Cheat Handbook' is that 'she (the wife) let herself go'.

:joy: did you see the man who sued his wife for putting on weight? I wonder if that was actually true! Or the woman that got surgery to make herself look extremely pretty.. Then met her husband to be.. Their kids came out the same as she used to be... The husband apparently went mental with the courts etc... Crazy things where is the love?!
  • Nograce80
    Nograce80 Posts: 8,443 Member
    Options

and gifs...lotsa gifs!!

don't even get me started.

sometimes things happen you can't control and it changes you.

So true. Been with my husband for 17 years since I was 17. We have changed so much. He's currently not living here, and although we haven't given up yet I don't see it getting any better.
  • Determined_ella_89
    Options
    this thread is weird

Isn't weird just awesome in disguise? ;)
  • Nograce80
    Options
    Nograce80 wrote: »

and gifs...lotsa gifs!!

don't even get me started.

sometimes things happen you can't control and it changes you.

So true. Been with my husband for 17 years since I was 17. We have changed so much. He's currently not living here, and although we haven't given up yet I don't see it getting any better.

we were high school sweethearts etc. went away to the army. came back. got married. everything blew up barely 3 years later. getting married isn't always the best thing to do either.

Pretty sure at this point if we do divorce I'm not interested in another marriage.
  • Nograce80
    Options
    I don't know that it's weird but an actual conversation.
  • Nograce80
    Options
    this thread is weird

Isn't weird just awesome in disguise? ;)

:*