The TRUTH about Plexus - can someone tell me?

Replies

• megamom310
    megamom310 Posts: 5 Member
    I haven't - and won't harass anyone. I simply offered the page so that the original poster could see hundreds of testimonials about the product and maybe offer some reassurance about what her mother is taking. That is all.

I truly hope you don't see everything in life so negatively and so skeptically. What an awful way to live.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Not an awful way to live at all. You hit every single criteria for a spam post. 1st post (ever,) glowing endorsement of mentioned product, requests for private messaging to learn more. That's pretty much the exact template that spambots use all across the web.
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Not an awful way to live at all. You hit every single criteria for a spam post. 1st post (ever,) glowing endorsement of mentioned product, requests for private messaging to learn more. That's pretty much the exact template that spambots use all across the web.

Don't forget that they are "new" but show they have been a member since October of last year
  • megamom310
    megamom310 Posts: 5 Member
    Not new to MFP, new to the forums. I started taking Plexus, searched to forums to see what others were saying, and saw the OPs post and wanted to provide some reassurance. Nothing more, nothing less. Just trying to help.
  • Just like everyone else I too want and need to lose weight. I have heard and seen much of the Plexus but am still sceptical of it. I have been using (one month) the Garcinia Cambodia Extract $20.00 and have to say it seems to be working somewhat. The scale says the same, however, my jeans are getting loose. Saw on Dr. Oz......If you try, like everything be careful, and get the supplement without all the fillers. I was able to get Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Garcinia Cambogia Extract 750mg that contains ONLY 99mg and/or 3% Potassium and 1500mg of Garcinia Cambogia Extract as the active ingredient. Also, I have only been taking HALF the recommended amount and am still observing some change. Appetite suppression for one, which is the start to the STOPPAGE of picking and overeating....just thought this may be helpful to some. Still on the fence with the Plexius, and will use this a little while longer. Thank you.
  • i would be concerned about her as well. Everyone wants a quick fix to weight loss. Why people think they can lose weight faster than they put it on is amazing. I don't know much about Plexus. I did discover that the Plexus Slim/Accelerator contains 1,3-dimethylamylamine. This is what i found out about that drug. "Dimethylamylamine is a drug made synthetically in a laboratory. It was originally used as a nasal decongestant. Today, dimethylamylamine is sold as a dietary supplement used for attention deficit-hyperactive disorder (ADHD), weight loss, improving athletic performance, and body building.

Some products claim that dimethylamylamine naturally comes from rose geranium oil. Supplements that contain this ingredient sometimes list rose geranium, geranium oil, or geranium stems on the label. However, laboratory analysis shows that this drug probably does not come from this natural source. It is thought that these manufacturers have artificially added this drug to the supplement rather than obtaining it from a natural source. Dimethylamylamine is considered a drug in Canada is not permitted in dietary supplements or natural health products.

Many athletes take dimethylamylamine to improve performance. However, dimethylamylamine was added to the World Anti-Doping Agency’s prohibited substances list for 2010. Therefore, competitive athletes should avoid taking it.

Due to safety concerns, dimethylamylamine has been temporarily removed from military stores in the US. It has also been banned in New Zealand. Its use has been linked to several reports of serious, life-threatening side effects.

How does it work?
    Dimethylamylamine is thought to have stimulant effects similar to decongestants such as pseudoephedrine, ephedrine, and others. Some promoters say that it is a safer alternative to ephedrine. However, there is no scientific information to back up this claim."

Hope this helps.
  • rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member

And, it's either "comment sounds" or "comments sound," not "comments sounds."
    J'sus take a chill pill it's not a english lessons :tongue:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member

My step-mom started using Plexus about six weeks ago and she has lost more than 30 lbs. THIS concerns me. That is too much weight to lose in that short of time.

Your comments sounds a bit like a sales pitch as well.

first post = epic fail
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    I was given the prduct free by a friend who swore by it - I'd never have bought it (burned too many times) but since it was free, I thought what the heck. After my first month supply runs out I'll def be buying it - it's not cheap..... but given that I used to spend $3 a day on Diet coke and I'm not anymore - I consider it a wash.

Classic sales tactic for drug dealers - cheers!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,870 Member
    Looks like the OP has called in the troops.
  • First post - I haunt MFP and use Livestrong for calorie and exercise tracking but am not usually active on the forums. I found this forum by googling Plexus Slim side effects and I wanted to weigh in.

I'd be curious to hear if the OP's mother is still taking the product. 30 lbs is a lot to lose, but I highly doubt all of that is fat. Much of it may be water weight or "cleansing of the bowels" due to some of the diruetic properties of PS. Has she had a body comp. analysis done to see how much of what she lost is fat, if she lost any muscle, etc.? I don't consider water weight and "flushing" to be true weight loss.

I know very little about PS. I started taking it about three days ago, and I really have nothing to say so far, besides a few side effects. I agree with the OP, most of what I read about it is either "sworn testimonials" to the power of the product by - you guessed it - people who sell the product, OR people at the other end of the spectrum who think every single positive thing anyone says about the product ever is equivalent to a sales pitch. I only started taking it because a friend whose opinion I trust said she has been successful with the product. I exercise and maintain a decent diet, so I may never truly know if the product works as well as all these salespeople suggest, or at all.

Anyway, if the OP is still monitoring this thread, I'm interested to hear more about your mom's use of the product, if she was able to maintain the weight loss, etc. I don't think the product is harmful, per se (except maybe to one's wallet) and the only side effects I've experienced have been pretty mild.
  • I have been taking plexus for 3 months. I've lost 20 lbs on it. For me it is a powerful appetite suppressant. I have also noticed my nails are stronger and I haven't had any migraines since I started using it. I love it.
  • WOW! 30 pounds? Haha well, all I have to say is this lady who's "mother-in-law" lost 30 pounds, and she's concerned.....I bet alot of people read that crap and bought it! Good pitch idea! I bet people asked for more info. This person knows what they're doing! That was my first thought. You almost had me! Thinking about that 30 pounds I could lose! My daughter would be saying, "mom you look great!" I really can't stand to try and really find out about a product but just get a bunch of crap!
  • Have you ever gotten a response to your questions? I'd like to know...Thank you!
  • First post - I haunt MFP and use Livestrong for calorie and exercise tracking but am not usually active on the forums. I found this forum by googling Plexus Slim side effects and I wanted to weigh in.

I'd be curious to hear if the OP's mother is still taking the product. 30 lbs is a lot to lose, but I highly doubt all of that is fat. Much of it may be water weight or "cleansing of the bowels" due to some of the diruetic properties of PS. Has she had a body comp. analysis done to see how much of what she lost is fat, if she lost any muscle, etc.? I don't consider water weight and "flushing" to be true weight loss.

I know very little about PS. I started taking it about three days ago, and I really have nothing to say so far, besides a few side effects. I agree with the OP, most of what I read about it is either "sworn testimonials" to the power of the product by - you guessed it - people who sell the product, OR people at the other end of the spectrum who think every single positive thing anyone says about the product ever is equivalent to a sales pitch. I only started taking it because a friend whose opinion I trust said she has been successful with the product. I exercise and maintain a decent diet, so I may never truly know if the product works as well as all these salespeople suggest, or at all.

Anyway, if the OP is still monitoring this thread, I'm interested to hear more about your mom's use of the product, if she was able to maintain the weight loss, etc. I don't think the product is harmful, per se (except maybe to one's wallet) and the only side effects I've experienced have been pretty mild.
  • Me too!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,870 Member
    More troops!!!! kinda obvious guys.:wink:
  • c_muschany
    c_muschany Posts: 37 Member
    Wow!!! I will never come on here and answer someone's question honestly if this is the way they get treated. I don't think she was trying to sell anything. The original post was asking what people could tell her. I don't understand why people get behind a computer screen and think they can treat people like trash.

By the way, I think my profile shows I have been a member since April of 2012??? Not sure, but I stopped and have come back, so my posts may be few as well.

I just started taking Plexus, I am going to see how it goes. I have consulted my doctor. If it is a scam, then I am the one that will get burned.
  • More troops!!!! kinda obvious guys.:wink:

What does this even mean?? I would like some info on Plexus. That's all.
  • My thoughts exactly c_muschany! What is it about forums that make people act like complete jugheads? Especially people that have no weigh in on the original conversation in the first place. This is a topic for people that have used or have, at the very least, done research about PS, the OP wants info, not responses from jerks with no valuable input.
This discussion has been closed.