The TRUTH about Plexus - can someone tell me?

Options

Replies

• FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    My thoughts exactly c_muschany! What is it about forums that make people act like complete jugheads? Especially people that have no weigh in on the original conversation in the first place. This is a topic for people that have used or have, at the very least, done research about PS, the OP wants info, not responses from jerks with no valuable input.
    Gee, I wonder if you sell it...
    People don't like the shady tactics of MLM salespeople. That's why you get responses like this about a crappy MLM product.
    It's all about the downstream, not about health at all. This forum MFP in the meantime IS about health and fitness not shilling for some distributor.
  • Lys_139121
    Lys_139121 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First I want to start with I DO NOT SELL THIS PRODUCT NOR WILL I EVER.
    This is simply MY experience so don't say any b.s. about what I'm saying bc it's MY experience.

Anyways I started taking plexus slim drinks with the accelerator about a week ago. I bought the 7 day trial. I would take one accelerator and drink two slims a day.
    The day after I had my first drink which I only had one and a half the day before and one accelorator
    well the next day I instantly noticed a difference in my moods my depression and my bipolar. It made me feel great that second day.
    It made me feel alive again and not too much alive like I was manic
    by the third day I felt even better with my moods. The second day I was still slightly depressed but the third was a huge turn around.

I did that combo for four days. By the fourth day I had lost 3lbs and one inch all over.
    I usually binge eat horribly when I'm depressed but the first day I took it I ate until I was hungry nothing else.
    I love sweet tea but I barely drink it anymore bc I barely crave it any more. Yeah I have it every now and then and I still drink it sometimes but I'm not drinking a whole gallon a day like before.
    I don't crave alcohol and drugs AT ALL! I am an addict and alcoholic but after that four days and now a few more days I seem to not want them.
    I even went out for drinks but just had water instead. HUGE DIFFRRENCE IN ME!
    I have noticed no negative effects other than a lot of energy.
    There is no caffeine or other stimulants the only thing is natural energy from different vitamins and extracts.
    There is green tea and hoodie plant extracts which my body is VERY sensitive to. My body just does not like natural energy but drinking tea before bed is no problem
    its weird I know but coffee teen tea hoodia and things like that makes me hyper as he'll

Some people say its not good for you bc you dont have to change your eating habits and dont have to exercise.
    Well I will just say this...
    SOME people when they start are NOT ABLE to exercise and get around good that's why they turn to it at least that's why most people I know have.
    Some people its hard to control what they eat but after a while they stop craving all those bad things and go for the healthy
    some people who are bigger tend to lose weight faster than others that are smaller. I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS A FACT.
    This is just what I have seen in different people around me.
    Anyways 60 lbs in 6 weeks is a lot how many drinks is she having a day? How many accelorator?
    That could have something to do with it.
    Sorry this is all so long

Anyways this is just my experience. Hope it helps!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    1. A week, so you've lost water weight. Ok.

2. Green tea has caffeine in it.
  • ChristyKenimer
    Options
    I did not read through all of the posts on this topic. I have used myfitnesspal for a few years, but actually came across this blog when I Googled, "Is Plexus safe?" I have some very close loved ones who are taking the products, and are raving about how wonderful they are. However, one commented that they were having some issues sleeping at night (using the Accelerator). Being the skeptic that I am, and realist, who knows that there is no true easy and fast way to lose weight - safely...I started looking into it.

The website that scared me the most was:

http://www.tga.gov.au/safety/alerts-medicine-plexus-slim-accelerator-capsules-130716.htm#.UuHm4GQo5O0

So thought I would share this.
  • jc1074
    jc1074 Posts: 1
    Options
    I do know someone who just told me they've been using Plexus (first time I had heard of it) and they did have success with the product. I was skeptical (mostly because it seems kind of expensive) so I've been reading some of the posts on Amazon and thought this one was interesting (below). The overall Amazon "score" is about 3 stars.

Not sure if it's helpful but take it for what it's worth:

"1.0 out of 5 stars Read Australian based research about Plexus, October 30, 2013
    By L. S. Hopper "High on Life" (The South) - See all my reviews
    (REAL NAME)
    This review is from: Plexus Slim Combo! 30 day supply of Slim Packs and Pills (Health and Beauty)
    I did a review of research and found the following:

http://www.tga.gov.au/safety/alerts-medicine-plexus-slim-accelerator-capsules-130716.htm

Part of the article: Plexus Slim Accelerator capsules and Plexus Slim Accelerator 3 Day Trial pack pose a serious risk to your health and should not be taken.

The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has tested Plexus Slim Accelerator capsules and Plexus Slim Accelerator 3 Day Trial pack capsules and found that:

They contain the undeclared banned chemical 1,3-dimethylamylamine (DMAA)
    Consumers are advised that DMAA is listed in Appendix C of the Standard for the Uniform Scheduling of Medicines and Poisons (SUSMP). Substances within Appendix C are of such danger to health as to warrant prohibition of sale, supply and use.
    Risks associated with its use include high blood pressure, psychiatric disorders, bleeding in the brain and stroke.
    Further information about DMAA can be found on the TGA website:

The TGA decision to ban DMAA

Please read this and all research before trying this product."
  • Shannalynnpitts
    Options
    I found the article you have been looking for and it's downright scary. There is an undisclosed ingredient in here that is mindblowing, and flat out POISON. The entire country of Australia has banned this product. The side effects of the poison in this product can kill people, CAUSE BLEEDING ON THE BRAIN, MIND DISORDERS ETC..... please read for yourselves here, and decide if this is worth your long term health? http://www.tga.gov.au/safety/alerts-medicine-plexus-slim-accelerator-capsules-130716.htm#.Uugj7tLnbUI
  • chaosangel2112
    Options
    New to forums and MFP. Not a spam bot. Only made this account to link this. OP should look here

http://skinnywithfiber.org/warning-plexus-slim-reviews-ingredients-and-results-discussed/

and here

http://www.tga.gov.au/safety/alerts-medicine-plexus-slim-accelerator-capsules-130716.htm#.UukVrPldW5I

My suggestion, google stuff. Then actually take the time to read. I realize there is an overwhelming amount of misleading and idiotic information on the web about any given topic. However, comparing notes from various sources, skipping the entire first page of search results in some cases, and sleuthing across the web can get you a reasonable account of most things, most the time.

Good luck OP and happy hunting.
  • chaosangel2112
    Options
    Hah, I took my own advice and decided to actually read the last few posts. The information I linked got ninja'd.
  • jenickers
    Options
    I'm not sure about Plexus, as it does seem they may have some undisclosed ingredients based on a warning at the Australian Department of Health:

http://www.tga.gov.au/safety/alerts-medicine-plexus-slim-accelerator-capsules-130716.htm#.UunneBBdW7I

However, I have seen some promising information about Garcinia mangostana and Spaeranthus indicus. The study on the NIH website is a bit thick to read, but here's a link to it and an ABC newscast about the study:

http://www.news10.net/story/local/2013/07/24/4757355/

This is a copy of the study on the NIH website:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3684102/

And, no I'm not spamming or trolling. I just joined myfitnesspal because I came across this thread when researching Plexus. My cousin is selling the product and I wanted to find out more information. I have no vested interest in anyone purchasing or selling any of these products.

I am, however, a real estate agent in NYC and Florida, so if you want to purchase any real estate... lol just kidding.
  • KerzeDame
    Options
    I'm not sure about Plexus, as it does seem they may have some undisclosed ingredients based on a warning at the Australian Department of Health:

http://www.tga.gov.au/safety/alerts-medicine-plexus-slim-accelerator-capsules-130716.htm#.UunneBBdW7I

They actually removed that ingredient from the plexus/accelerator sometime in 2013 (was labeled as "GeranaX") bc it was banned in the US and many other countries as well. - i was researching diet programs this month out of desperation. Regardless, I have found that I can't safely use anything like that because of my extensive medical issues - doc won't approve. Water Aerobics and lower/healthier carb intake, that's what I'm blessed with! :)

//peeking for awhile, finally joined. lol//
  • geeksgirl
    geeksgirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good choice NOT to use this product. I am as big as I am BECAUSE of fad diets...Remember Phen/Fen? Yeah if it said quick weight loss I was ALL OVER IT!

Side Note: I was given the opportunity to buy a business 8 years ago. I bought a Curves....yeah I know...how does a large woman own a gym???? Anyway. I have learned from my members and my own path that its HARD to lose weight the right way. My metabolism is so off...thyroid disease doesnt help either.

Now...I am on the long journey to get healthy the right way. Exercise and Proper Nutrition. Not easy....taking a long time....but it is working little by little. last year at this time I was 378...I am now 357....slowly but surely.:happy:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

They actually removed that ingredient from the plexus/accelerator sometime in 2013 (was labeled as "GeranaX") bc it was banned in the US and many other countries as well. - i was researching diet programs this month out of desperation. Regardless, I have found that I can't safely use anything like that because of my extensive medical issues - doc won't approve. Water Aerobics and lower/healthier carb intake, that's what I'm blessed with! :)

//peeking for awhile, finally joined. lol//
    That warning is actually from 2013. If they did remove it, they either didn't tell anybody, or just did it a few weeks ago.
  • bbbeckyMc
    Options
    This site says the formula was altered. Date on review was 12/10/13. I too was searching for answers when I came across this thread. Bottom line IMHO, supplements just aren't the best way to loose weight and keep it off.

http://supplement-geek.com/plexus-slim-review-ingredients-side-effects/
  • linitaellis
    linitaellis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Get out of here with your spam. For one thing, "stabilizing blood sugar" has no effect if you're drinking "DIET Coke, which contains NO SUGAR. Man, if you're going to try to pitch a product, at least try and educate yourself a little bit so you don't sound completely stupid...

WOW Tigersword, how RUDE. I was trying to find out the same information and your comment was WAY out of line!!!!!!!! Never visited the forums and think I will avoid them if there are more out there like you.
  • nanajr15
    Options
    I posted a Plexus review on my Health Tips group page in Facebook. Come join "Janet's Health Tips" in Facebook and you can see the review there. HTTPS://www.facebook.com/groups/JanetsHealthTips JOIN group, then click on FILES, then select PLEXUS REVIEW. Very interesting review. And no, I do not sell Plexus!
  • nanajr15
    Options
    One thing the report does state is for diabetics, heart and blood pressure issues patients, you must see a doctor prior to starting this product to make sure it is safe for you. That tells me a lot right there. All the ingredients are broken down in this review on my Health Tips group page. And it's expensive. The product has never been publically researched as to interaction with health issues and/or medications. Review also states to be extra cautious if you have any problems with your heart, blood pressure, kidneys, liver, mental disorder, diabetes or digestive problems. That just about takes care of all of America!!
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    OP, I took plexus some time last year. I did lose weight. HOWEVER, I gained it all back and then some when I stopped taking it. Aside from the fact that the drink is disgusting, the stuff made me sick. Everybody else was so excited about all the energy they got from it, while I was fighting to keep my eyes open while driving. It's not good!
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I've avoided it, but my workplace is awash in it. I felt like the weird kid because I wasn't into it. I'm tired of the sea of pink of it - so the oversaturation has become my turnoff. Now I hate to mention "weight loss" and fear anyone noticing my efforts - they'll assume I'm in club Plexus at work or try to "assimilate" me!

Last weekend my husband got the sales pitch at a funeral - as we were walking in - seriously!

The sales thing is such a turn off to me. I'm all about fact and not easily sucked in by big claims - and that generally makes the Plexus pushers not discuss it with me. Sometimes they make a minor claim of how it cured some issue they had (fibromyalgia was this week's cure by the way) and I just try to be polite and say "is that so?" or "well, that's super." Then I'm extra careful not to complain about ANY ailment I have - for fear of another sales pitch starting.

I'm using it as fuel for my own weight loss. I'll show them - then I'll have trouble proving I wasn't on the magic pink stuff!

On another front - my cousin is now pushing "zeal for life" - beware - it's the next Plexus and it can't be questioned - it's ordained by God himself and must be safe because it's being sold through church groups. I again, politely declined. I'll show her too.
  • StacieLynne2012
    StacieLynne2012 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Honestly the reaction of people in this thread does not make people feel welcomed to this site. A lot of people come here for help. I don't understand why so many people are so mean about it and jump to conclusions. Yes this is my first post here. haha so what. If this is how people are here I probably won't ever post again. Do I sell this stuff - NO. I tried it. It seems to work ok for me. I might buy it again. But come on. We come here to ask questions of people who go through what we go through not to get jumped on.
  • StacieLynne2012
    StacieLynne2012 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    BTW when you google Plexus reviews, this particular thread comes up so googling and researching can still lead you to this. Just saying. I was also looking into it more and ended up here although I have been using the MFP app on my phone.
This discussion has been closed.