The TRUTH about Plexus - can someone tell me?

Options

Replies

• 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options

2nd thing is I am going to be starting plexus soon which was recommend by my doctor as a equal to phentermine in results but less dangerous thus far and no side effects have been found for it yet, but like he said everything can have some effect on your body later down the line to include the so called healthy food we eat that is covered with chemicals and drugs to included organic foods....

There are side effects for it. They just don't list them because it would probably hurt their business a little bit. I told the person who sold me the stuff about how it made me almost pass out one time, it made me nauseous, and made me so fatigued that I would literally fight to keep my eyes open. This person still went all over facebook saying how wonderful the product is and how nobody was reporting negative side effects. ????
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

3rd I think some of the comments on this page are b.s. and if your not going to be helpful or respectful keep it shut!
    Don't tell people how to respond to posts on a public forum............especially about scam products. Some of us want to save people from being ripped off by magic potions.
  • ShannonM10
    ShannonM10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    One thing you might want to consider is that they tell you to change the way you eat. If your mom is eating healthier along with the use of Plexus, depending on her body weight, could be the main reason she is losing quickly. The losing part is the easiest, it's the maintaining part that is the hardest.

I've never been on the product and just heard of it recently. I'm not sure the results of maintain once the user has stopped the plexus. You may want to look into that.

I looked up the ingredients and for the most part it looks to have natural ingredients. It doesn't have MSG, aspartame, nor preservatives, which is a good thing.

Good luck with your search!
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    No side effects? http://www.tga.gov.au/safety/alerts-medicine-plexus-slim-accelerator-capsules-130716.htm#.Uycw5kp-6bw

Other than brain bleeding, I guess.

Also LMAO at "Dr. Boo" :laugh:
  • DSTMT
    Options
    And this is from the FDA website about the specific ingredient in Plexus that caused it to be banned:

Is it safe to consume DMAA?
    No, FDA does not have any information to demonstrate that consuming DMAA is safe. FDA is very concerned about DMAA and we advise consumers not to purchase or use any dietary supplement containing DMAA. This substance narrows blood vessels and arteries, which can elevate blood pressure, and may lead to cardiovascular problems such as shortness of breath, arrhythmias, tightening in the chest, and heart attack, as well as seizures and other neurological and psychological conditions. FDA has received 86 reports of adverse events involving products containing DMAA. These events include psychiatric disorders, heart problems, nervous system disorders, and death.
  • abarnes91
    abarnes91 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ok. I'm going to try and not make this a novel. I started MFP over a year ago and I lost about 23 lbs in id day like 6 months. I had tons of relapses and weeks of binging with college graduation and vacation etc. over the holidays I gained about 14 lbs back. A friend of mine has a co-worker who lost 20lbs in a month on plexus without diet and exercise. So she says. I still kind of don't believe it honestly, but in my desperation I paid the $121 for plexus slim +accelerator. After day 1 I lost 2lbs, day 2 another lb, day 3 another lb. That was 4 lbs in 3 days. No diet, no exercise. I had nachos, candy, chips etc but less of it. Ok now day 5 came around gained .4 lbs and every day after that until I was only 1lb down. Didn't change anything. Naturally I was depressed and started eating everything I felt...all while still taking plexus. I went on another vacation and then when I came back I had only gained 1 lb. that's a big deal because I am the type that gains fast. I hold water like it's nobody's business. Does Plexus work I have no idea but I messed up so much my first much that I never really gave it a chance to. I was intrigued enough to order it again. Yesterday I ate healthy and took plexus and I woke up this morning 2.2lbs lighter. That doesn't happen to me. Yes, I know it's water but I don't water that extra water sitting around my midsection anyway. A friend of mine who was much more diligent than me, lost 11lbs in 8 days. She ate healthy and worked out about an hour a day. Other benefits of plexus the first couple of days ONLY was my allergies were better, and suppressed appetite only a little. No negatives because I'm not sensitive to caffeine however I've read a lot about people struggling with that. Also, checked with a doctor and it's fine a healthy but if you have kidney issues, you shouldn't.
    I guess I should also let y'all know I don't sell this stuff.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    Options
    Ok. I'm going to try and not make this a novel. I started MFP over a year ago and I lost about 23 lbs in id day like 6 months. I had tons of relapses and weeks of binging with college graduation and vacation etc. over the holidays I gained about 14 lbs back. A friend of mine has a co-worker who lost 20lbs in a month on plexus without diet and exercise. So she says. I still kind of don't believe it honestly, but in my desperation I paid the $121 for plexus slim +accelerator. After day 1 I lost 2lbs, day 2 another lb, day 3 another lb. That was 4 lbs in 3 days. No diet, no exercise. I had nachos, candy, chips etc but less of it. Ok now day 5 came around gained .4 lbs and every day after that until I was only 1lb down. Didn't change anything. Naturally I was depressed and started eating everything I felt...all while still taking plexus. I went on another vacation and then when I came back I had only gained 1 lb. that's a big deal because I am the type that gains fast. I hold water like it's nobody's business. Does Plexus work I have no idea but I messed up so much my first much that I never really gave it a chance to. I was intrigued enough to order it again. Yesterday I ate healthy and took plexus and I woke up this morning 2.2lbs lighter. That doesn't happen to me. Yes, I know it's water but I don't water that extra water sitting around my midsection anyway. A friend of mine who was much more diligent than me, lost 11lbs in 8 days. She ate healthy and worked out about an hour a day. Other benefits of plexus the first couple of days ONLY was my allergies were better, and suppressed appetite only a little. No negatives because I'm not sensitive to caffeine however I've read a lot about people struggling with that. Also, checked with a doctor and it's fine a healthy but if you have kidney issues, you shouldn't.
    I guess I should also let y'all know I don't sell this stuff.

Beware when you stop taking the product........
  • cindya1969
    Options
    Plexus is a small, but quality line of health supplements. The Slim has no caffeine and NO added stimulants, like Fen Fen did - so there's no comparison. All ingredients are in their most natural forms available. Basically with ANY program, you get out of it, what you put into it. Plexus doesn't claim to be a miracle diet. The Slim is designed to regulate your blood sugars, and to keep your lipids and cholesterol at healthy levels. That's it. Weight loss is an added bonus, because as people's blood sugar regulates, their cravings for sweets dwindles. Now, if those people continue to snack and eat junk food out of habit, you can't hold that against Plexus. Their Pro Bio 5 contains 5 probiotics (so you'd need to buy 5 separate probiotics at the health store to equal one bottle of Plexus). What the ProBio addresses is the yeast overgrowth most of us have growing in our gut. If you've ever taken an antibiotic, chances are good you have Candida in your gut. Dr Oz has done a show on Candida. Candida can be the cause of many mystery symptoms that we have but can't explain. If you're tired ALL the time, if you have no energy, crave carbs, migraines, headaches, athletes foot, nail fungus, acne, etc etc - you probably have Candida and could benefit from the ProBio5. Their XFactor multivitamin is better than all others and one reason is, it has a patented aloe blend inside. It's fact that taking pills with aloe vs just with water, allows for far more absorption of the nutrients. The fact it has B6, B12, Folate and others is a bonus. Their pain relief line is amazing. My point is, don't knock it until you try it. It's helped MANY people get healthy, who had not been healthy in a long time. it's not about a "fad diet" - it's about getting the tools to make better choices. The only reason some "un-specified" ingredients is because it's a proprietary blend - they can't possibly give exact amts of specific ingredients or their quality products would be duplicated....so for now they're keeping the specifics under wrap. The ingredients are all listed, just now the amounts. The ONLY product you really need approval for would be the Accelerator +. Although it has natural caffeines and 5HTP to help increase your metabolism, there are no other added sitmulants. And it's never recommended for anyone to use the Accelerator if they have high blood pressure or a sensitivity to caffeine. But the accelerator is optional - and many achieve their goals without it. For those who say they lost but gained it back - the answer to that is pretty clear - if you stopped using Plexus and reverted back to old habits - then that will happen. It's an amazing tool - but it's not a magic pill.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    Options
    For those who say they lost but gained it back - the answer to that is pretty clear - if you stopped using Plexus and reverted back to old habits - then that will happen. It's an amazing tool - but it's not a magic pill.

The alternative to this is to continue taking Plexus for the rest of your life. No thanks!
  • dhall00001
    Options
    Here is a recent link to Health Canada. It appears that the company products are not being allowed in Canada and also in Australia.

http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2014/37721a-eng.php#images-images
  • nancya67
    nancya67 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bought a month supply of plexus and it was a waste of money for the first thing my package of drink mix was short 10 packages and the accelerator makes me feel awful. I would not recommend this product to anyone.
  • MrsCandyHearts
    Options
    I tried Plexus (Slim/Accelerator) for six weeks starting last November and GAINED 10 lbs, so I stopped. When I called to cancel my automatic order, I requested my 60 day refund and was DENIED.

I let it go, muddled through the rest of December, and started 2014 with the same old resolution of weight loss. My weight did not fluctuate up or down after stopping Plexus.

In early March, I decided to try again. My friend was having such great results, so I tried to convince myself that my previous weight gain was just "holiday crap". This time I added the X Factor, ProBio, and BioClense to the Slim/Accelerator combo.

That was about 3 weeks ago...I've gained an additional 5 lbs. This has been the first weight change I've seen since stopping Plexus in mid-December.

So.....now I'm FIFTEEN pounds heavier, out several hundred dollars, and was denied the 60 day refund the company flaunts.

I HATE THIS PRODUCT.

For the record, I walk my dog 1-2 miles about 4-5 times a week and I take an hour long Kickboxing or Boxing class 2-3 times a week. While I readily admit to having a terrible sweet tooth (that I consciously work to control), for the most part I eat pretty well. In fact, recently we started buying only locally grown organic produce and buying our meat from a local butcher shop so we know exactly how our food sources are grown/processed, and where they come from. I'm very conscious of my diet -- I have NOT eaten my way to 15 lb weight gain. Plexus failed me.

I needed to lose about 50 lbs BEFORE Plexus. Now I need to lose 65.

I've been researching the product more in depth, trying to figure out why I had such terrible results. I couldn't really find an answer...but...in the process, I discovered that both Canada and Australia have banned Plexus in their countries...

http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2014/37721a-eng.php

http://www.tga.gov.au/safety/alerts-medicine-plexus-slim-accelerator-capsules-130716.htm

On that note, it can still be shipped from the US to Canada, but Australia is trying to stop it from being delivered to their country altogether ...

"The TGA is working with Australian Customs and Border Protection Services (Customs) to help stop future shipments of Plexus Slim Accelerator capsules and Plexus Slim Accelerator 3 Day Trial pack from entering Australia."

And the U.S. has issued an FDA Warning regarding DMAA...

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm347270.htm
  • MrsCandyHearts
    Options
    Circling around to make sure I include accurate and fair information about the Plexus bans I linked to in my last post.

I've done some additional homework, because - quite frankly - I was shocked to learn about these countries banning the product and didn't know much about it.

On that note, the Government of Hong Kong banned Plexus last year as well... http://www.drugoffice.gov.hk/eps/news/Australia:_Safety_advisory:_Plexus_Slim_Accelerator_capsules_and_Plexus_Slim_Accelerator_3_Day_Trial_pack_contain_undeclared_banned_chemical_1,3-dimethylamylamine_(DMAA)/pharmaceutical_trade/2013-07-17/en/19893.html

#1) The original Plexus Accelerator contained an ingredient called GeranaX. This was the proprietary name given by the company to label dimethylamylamine (DMAA). DMAA is the banned substance in question and can be found under many alias names.

If you're interested, this is a great resource that lists many of the names that have been used to disguise DMAA and the companies that manufactured it. You will clearly see that Plexus did absolutely manufacture this product -- in the OLD formula.

http://hprc-online.org/dietary-supplements/files/DMAA_List.pdf

#2) The new Plexus Accelerator *Plus* does NOT list DMAA (or any known alias) as an ingredient in the new product.
    Canada's 2/14 statement says the Plexus Slim Accelerator is banned from sale in Canada due to an "Undeclared Substance". It does not specify DMAA.

That being said -- it does NOT indicate a ban on the Accelerator PLUS, and - as you are aware (as am I after doing all this homework) - there is a difference between the two products.

I found both of these reviews to be honest and unbiased regarding both the Accelerator Plus and the new Slim formula. Bookmark this guy, because he's all about sharing information -- not bashing or promoting, just providing excellent research and insight.

Accelerator Plus ... http://supplement-geek.com/plexus-slim-accelerator-plus-review-ingredients-side-effects/

Slim New Formula ... http://supplement-geek.com/plexus-slim-new-formula-review/

Be sure to take the time to read through the comments. Great feedback there, both in support of the product and against it. Also, apparently I'm not the only one who didn't get a refund. I wouldn't be surprised if they refused to honor it because of the timing, given the formula change that was occurring around the same time I was requesting it.

At any rate, I had a horrible experience and would not recommend it, but I do still feel an obligation to make sure I'm sharing accurate information.
  • robynhood2000
    Options
    I thought about trying it, but I think I'll pass. My girlfriend had great results, though, which is why I'm researching it.
  • kimmywill1971
    kimmywill1971 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used Plexus for a couple of months. I lost 4 pounds. I did feel better and it stopped some of my stomach issues. However, I went to the doctor for a check up shortly thereafter and found out that I was anemic. My doctor indicated to me that it could be from the Plexus. I also took the accelerator which made my blood pressure sky rocket. It is supposed to be all natural ingredients, so I read the ingredients, looked up the benefits on line, and then bought some supplements like beet juice, and have had the same effect, without anemia and blood pressure issues. I know it works for some people but while losing weight is good, it's is not good if it is causing other ill effects. Hope this helps.
  • Mlcipolla82
    Mlcipolla82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Why do people post such nasty stuff on here when someone is asking a question ? Yikes ! Anyway , I found this post when searching for info about plexus slim . I have also been hearing more about it and am looking for some real results or info before I decide to try it . Please share stories if you have them .
  • DSTMT
    Options
    Why do people post such nasty stuff on here when someone is asking a question ? Yikes ! Anyway , I found this post when searching for info about plexus slim . I have also been hearing more about it and am looking for some real results or info before I decide to try it . Please share stories if you have them .

Please see my post on page 4 for the answer to your question lol.
  • Len82834
    Len82834 Posts: 1
    Options
    It is not "crap". I started Plexus with my wife on Feb 3, 2014. Taking the supplement twice a day, I lost 10 lbs the first week, also light exercise and cutting carbs to recommended values. In six weeks, I lost 26 lbs, and now after eight weeks, I am down 2 pant sizes and 34 lbs. I started at 310 lbs and today I am at 276. My goal is 210 lbs. I have type 2 diabetes and my medication dosage had to be reduced, plus my blood pressure pill had to be reduced by half because blood pressure and pulse went too low and made me dizzy. Saw a doctor and he told me to slow down the weight loss so my body could adjust. So i've been off the Plexus for about a week. It did upset my stomach somewhat I thought, but the doctor thought it was my Glyburide that caused it and had me discontinue the use of that. Seen the hype about Garcenia Cambogia and bought a couple bottles at walmart and started taking that today. Put plexus on hold for awhile. It also contains some garcenia extract. So i do believe that's the ingredient that helped me lose all this weight. My wife has lost around 12 lbs, but she has an office job and she does not exercise. Just eating a little less. So really, I have nothing negative to say about Plexus Slim, except I hate the flavor and I wish it had a selection of different flavors. It's also really sweet tasting. Give it a try, but make sure you uncheck the auto delivery, otherwise they will start charging and shipping your same order every month, and then you have to have them cancel your whole account. I was sceptical about plexus too, but I am glad I gave it a try. I feel so much better and I have more energy. If cambogia works for me, i will start taking that and quit Plexus, as I really think garcenia can work the same, but be a little cheaper. I took Plexus WITH the caffeine accelerator, and it did speed up weight loss, because it slowed down then I didn't take the one or two pills a day.
  • useless247
    Options
    I took it and it made me bleed from my *kitten*.
This discussion has been closed.