The TRUTH about Plexus - can someone tell me?

Options

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,889 Member
    Options
    Honestly the reaction of people in this thread does not make people feel welcomed to this site. A lot of people come here for help. I don't understand why so many people are so mean about it and jump to conclusions. Yes this is my first post here. haha so what. If this is how people are here I probably won't ever post again. Do I sell this stuff - NO. I tried it. It seems to work ok for me. I might buy it again. But come on. We come here to ask questions of people who go through what we go through not to get jumped on.
    Maybe try mydesperatemeasurestofindaquicfixformyfatnesspal instead of myfitnesspal would be more helpful. j/k :happy:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Honestly the reaction of people in this thread does not make people feel welcomed to this site. A lot of people come here for help. I don't understand why so many people are so mean about it and jump to conclusions. Yes this is my first post here. haha so what. If this is how people are here I probably won't ever post again. Do I sell this stuff - NO. I tried it. It seems to work ok for me. I might buy it again. But come on. We come here to ask questions of people who go through what we go through not to get jumped on.

Sorry you wasted money on a scam.
  • FatFinn320
    Options
    I am researching Plexus because some of my co-workers swear by it, but it has only been a few weeks for them. I came across this blog http://keepingupwithsabrina.blogspot.com/2013/10/is-plexus-slim-weight-loss-scam-my-30.html of someone who used it for 30 days. It seems like one's body might get accustomed to the ingredients and then gain the weight back eventually. I don't think this person tried the accelerator.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I am researching Plexus because some of my co-workers swear by it, but it has only been a few weeks for them. I came across this blog http://keepingupwithsabrina.blogspot.com/2013/10/is-plexus-slim-weight-loss-scam-my-30.html of someone who used it for 30 days. It seems like one's body might get accustomed to the ingredients and then gain the weight back eventually. I don't think this person tried the accelerator.

Of course everyone's body is different and reacts differently to different products. I am on Plexus Slim/ Accelerator combo and I love it, I am normally a skeptic regarding anything that requires money. Regardless of what naysayers have to say about the product it works for me and my husband. I have come to the conclusion that negative people love attention, "misery loves company". I was consuming several energy drinks a day and eating junk food all night. I now only drink water I have no craving for chocolate, I am more alert, and I am averaging 1 pound a day weight loss. I am a stay at home mom with no money to waste on gimmicks. I joined this site to help me keep track of my goals, and get motivation from others who are on the same path i am on, but I now see that people are being mean in this group as well as others instead of helping each other reach their reach their goals however they try to reach it. I personally have known people who have died from gastric bypass, but I would never be rude, condescending and just plain hateful to that person for a decision that they choose to make. If anyone would like info regarding Plexus Slim and the benefits I would be more than happy to help (private message me) and to those who may have something negative to say, God Bless you and remember there is always a polite way to get your point across.

The question is, though, how long can you stay on this stuff? When you stop taking it, the weight will most likely come back. It happened to me and many people I know who have lost weight on it. I think that's the point people are trying to make. Lots of folks just have "creative" ways of saying it. Losing weight for good takes a lifestyle change - something sustainable.
  • StacieLynne2012
    StacieLynne2012 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    not sure how it was a waste of my money if it has worked for me.
  • StacieLynne2012
    StacieLynne2012 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    real mature responses btw. I never said I was looking for a quick fix. I started following myfitnesspal app first before I came across this stuff. I think while I follow a low calories diet and use the plexus I have lost 20lbs since January 7th. It's hard work. There is never a quick fix.
  • jlarsen76
    jlarsen76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I didn't read through all these responses, but I gave Plexus a shot after all the hype and an acquaintance told me about it (who just so happens to sell it). I was on it for less than two months.
    The first month, I just did the Plexus pink drink. I lost a couple pounds, but mainly because my appetite was decreased. The second month, I added in the Accelerator pills and WOW- talk about major side effects! Massive headaches, GI upset, and no weight loss.

I returned the product for a refund, no questions asked. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

I will add that I was using this to supplement my diet (trying to eat clean 90% of the time) and exercise 5x/week (including strength training). So, I'd imagine that if you're obese and not use to doing any of these things, then do ALL of it in conjunction, you will lose weight, But that's just my opinion.
  • ineedbeach
    Options
    Wow, what an angry board. Guess I'll refrain from blogging on this site. A little judgmental here.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an angry board. Guess I'll refrain from blogging on this site. A little judgmental here.

Not every person or thread is like this. There are quit a few people on here that give great advice and are very nice.
  • jlarsen76
    jlarsen76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I totally agree. I just restarted using MFP and there are a lot of judgmental people here. And a lot of the negativity here stems from anything involving direct sales of these type of products or diet supplements. I have found that it's sometimes best to lurk in the shadows. ;)
  • pboyea
    pboyea Posts: 1
    Options
    If this is such a wonderful weight loss product, why are the people raving about it on here and everywhere else, still struggling with their weight? I'm not trying to hate on anyone, but I think it's a legitimate question.
  • Oh_Suzannah
    Options
    This was a complete waste of money for me. Not only did the product not work for me but I gained 7 lbs and became very bloated. I was told to drink it with 22 ounces of water and that may help? I think drinking that much water alone would fill you up, no need to buy this product!! I was also told to try the accelerator, but my faith in this product was gone at this point and didn't want to spend any more money. The worst part was that when I tried to get my money back I could not get ANY response. I sent 4 emails to "customer service" and called numerous times, so I was out $90 and heavier than when I started.
  • Keenac
    Keenac Posts: 1
    Options
    I don't have a lot to add.... I have opted to try this for 30 days (currently on day 2) but not as a "quick fix" as everyone seems to believe anyone who takes this is looking for. I have changed eating habits, increased exercise, etc, but have plateaued on my weight loss. I decided to try this, to see if it might help "jump start" my system again. Even if all it does is give me a bit more energy, then that helps me exercise a bit more, which will help with the weight loss. I'm not expecting a huge amount of weight loss in this 30 days, but even a little would be great after having been at this weight now for 5+ months. No, I don't sell this stuff... No, I don't normally get into these "fad" diet things, since I too agree that true weight loss requires a change in eating habits and exercise. If you continue to eat 3 plates at a buffet, and spend your days sitting in a recliner, you won't lose weight really ever, no matter what you try. However, if you eat moderate amounts of healthy food, cut back on sugary drinks (to include diet sodas and the southerner's love -- Sweet Tea), and get up and MOVE.... you should be able to start losing weight. If something like this helps, even if only in a mental way (I think, therefore it does), and it does no harm to the body, then what damage has it done to that person who loses weight and used this as a tool to assist in that?

I have heard the sales pitches, especially all those testimonials that make it sound like the best thing running. Didn't buy that... but I did have some friends who, like me, had been on a natural weight loss route and plateaued, took this, and they started losing again. And... they have not continued to take it. That is what I hope to do.... take it for these 30 days, and see how it helps me in my normal routine of eating and exercise. But I, like others, googled this product to learn a bit more about it and this was one of the top postings/results and that's how I came to be here. I have used MyFitnessPal on my phone for 3 years now, to help with my weight loss goals, and that is why I decided to check this forum out. As others have stated, the original poster asked for honest opinions from those who have used or know of those who have used the product, yet anyone who posts that they have or are using it have been attacked. Hopefully, this post won't garner the same results, as I am not pushing the product in any way but trying to provide a different view on why someone might be taking it and what I have personally seen. I may post after my 30 days just to follow up on how this goes, but that does not mean I need to be attacked for posting any PERSONAL OPINIONS and OBSERVATIONS.

NOT A SALES PITCH
    I DON't SELL THIS STUFF
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Sorry you wasted your money on something that is scientifically shown to do absolutely nothing. Except for possibly kill people.
  • melissajane83
    melissajane83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I tried it. I liked the pink drink because it fixed my sweet craving but I lost nothing on it. Wasn't worth the money.
  • relisea
    relisea Posts: 1
    Options
    I totally agree with you. I don't use plexus but you do not sound as if you are trying to market it here. It's hard to give open honest comments in a public forum. Unfortunately it opens you up to a wide audience who all have their own faults being opinionated and awful to unsuspecting users apparently rank right up there. I am glad you have success. I think the important thing for everyone to remember is everyone is here to try and improve there life in some way. What works for some may not for others but is allowed to choose there own path. :) Good job!
  • divaparalegal
    Options
    Nothing is more annoying than people trying to sell something by pretending not too. MLM people are the most annoying people on the planet!
  • wittlepeach
    Options
    Wow, you guys are so rude, lol.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Strong first post.
  • nursejen2372
    Options
    There are several highly processed chemical sweeteners in this ingredient list...how is that healthy?
This discussion has been closed.