Fitness brag thread

Options

Replies

• Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I couldn't find another thread solely for the little achievements at the gym you want to brag about, but are sure your Facebook friends are sick of hearing about!

I did 10 handstand presses in my bootcamp class this morning. My shoulders are feeling it now, but I felt so strong!

THAT. is awesome. :)

After 12 weeks of weight training, I am A LOT stronger!! I can actually do an unassisted pull up! This is a miracle lol.
  • RunningRichelle
    RunningRichelle Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Last night I hauled a massive, heavy treadmill across some pretty thick-pile carpet, without being able to use the wheels. I scooted, I squatted, I pulled.. all with fantastic form, and I got that bia RIGHT where I wanted it! I'm pretty sure it weighs more than me. And I didn't injure myself. That's what I'm most proud of! I'm fit enough to use my body to get shiza DONE!

PS the treadmill is for my husky. That lil cutie needs to walk, even when it's rainy! And he's actually doing pretty good on it so far.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Last night I hauled a massive, heavy treadmill across some pretty thick-pile carpet, without being able to use the wheels. I scooted, I squatted, I pulled.. all with fantastic form, and I got that bia RIGHT where I wanted it! I'm pretty sure it weighs more than me. And I didn't injure myself. That's what I'm most proud of! I'm fit enough to use my body to get shiza DONE!

PS the treadmill is for my husky. That lil cutie needs to walk, even when it's rainy! And he's actually doing pretty good on it so far.

LMAO- that's awesome. good job you!!!
  • sm_usagi
    sm_usagi Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I got through a whole yoga class without farting.

Hahah, that is certainly an achievement!

Yay everyone! It's so great to keep track of your progress and see how far you've come.
  • incredibleshrinkingjackie
    Options
    i finally got up the nerve to use the arm machines at the gym (have no idea what they are really called). i did 3 sets of 10 reps on both of them. my shoulders feel it!
  • Garthamatic
    Garthamatic Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Started running this year from a sedentary lifestyle in April. Did the Couch to 5K program and have been progressing since then.

This weekend I did my first 10 mile run, averaging a hair under an 8:30 pace.

:drinker:

To go from couch potato to running non-stop for almost an hour and a half is something I was pretty proud of. Just need to keep at it and work up my milage to get into half-marathon range for next spring. Winter running will be an interesting adaptation.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Walk 4.2km 6 nights a week to keep my wife motivated. Not a big deal except it's walking on my toes. I have extreme PF. Along with other foot problems. Also joined a group of guys at the gym that do very high intensity work outs that i thought i was told old to keep up to.
  • Nickle526
    Nickle526 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I ran 6 miles the other day for the first time. That was exciting!
  • sm_usagi
    Options
    Started running this year from a sedentary lifestyle in April. Did the Couch to 5K program and have been progressing since then.

This weekend I did my first 10 mile run, averaging a hair under an 8:30 pace.

:drinker:

To go from couch potato to running non-stop for almost an hour and a half is something I was pretty proud of. Just need to keep at it and work up my milage to get into half-marathon range for next spring. Winter running will be an interesting adaptation.

Oh my goodness, that's great! Especially your pace! I am increasing my distance at the moment, also aiming for a half marathon, and my long runs are more like 10:00 pace. I pushed my last mile this morning and just managed to get it to 8:59! I can't wrap my brain around 8:30 yet, let alone sustained over an hour - congratulations!
  • sm_usagi
    Options
    I ran 8 miles yesterday! :glasses: :love: :devil:
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I did my first fun run on Sunday (14km/9 miles) and did a better time than expected. I couldn't run in January and I have problems with my knees.
  • sm_usagi
    Options
    I ran a 5K race today and knocked more than a minute off my best time!!
  • bernicesmission
    Options
    In just under a week from my first spinning class i have gone from 30 minutes dead wanting to vomit tired even from sitting down 28 minutes of that class, to doing 40 minutes standing up... not vomitting! I was so proud of myself! 6 days of spinning thats all and i feel so much stronger!
  • sm_usagi
    Options
    Woohoo! Nice.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Nice job everyone! I'm so excited because I went ice skating today (briskly) for 2 - 30 minute non-stop sessions. I wasn't feeling much from that so later I walked/jogged for 3 miles and still had enough energy to fit in a 15 minute lifting session. This is huge for me because 2 years ago I couldn't ice skate for 5 minutes without needing to stop to catch my breathe. I'm so freaking proud of myself!
  • JameicaDenise
    JameicaDenise Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    2 weeks ago it was taking me 45 minutes to walk a mile and last week I walked a mile in 20.20 minutes.
  • rrowdiness
    rrowdiness Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    In October, I rode a 220km (136 mile) bike race, finished inside my goal time, in 34C (93 F) degree heat with a headwind for 120km. Over 8 hours in the saddle. 8500cal burn for the day.

I did the final 70 km without water stops, alone, with no riders visible for several hundred metres ahead or behind me. Just me, the sun and the headwind.

I just wanna go back and staple this achievement to my fat, unfit former self's forehead and scream STOP PROCRASTINATING, STOP MAKING EXCUSES, GET THE *kitten* ON WITH IT.
  • sm_usagi
    Options
    That sounds seriously hardcore, RR.
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I Rack Pulled 225 the other day. Only thing that gave out was my grip.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Burpees are the hardest exercise I have ever done. I consider my push up workout a piece of cake compared to burpees. Good job!