How to approach a girl at the gym?

Options
se015
se015 Posts: 583 Member
Hey everyone so the guys know what I'm talking about; you're in the zone working out, lifting, you look around and all of a sudden over by a squat rack, you see this smoking hot girl wearing these high tight gym shorts. You kind of stare but trying to be a creep about it and she stares back at you. This happens multiple times, kind of awkward lol, not speaking to each other just looking at one another. This happens over a few more days because you keep working out at the same time somehow haha. What's the next step?! I mean for some reason I can't find a scenario where I would talk to her, she knows what she's doing so no advice is needed without me being obvious haha. Plus I don't know if women want to be hit on while they're working out doesn't seem like an ideal setting!

Replies

• TSith
    TSith Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    If someone interrupts my workout to ask me out, I would be pissed!!! Now tape a protein bar and a note to my car for me to come out to.. I will gladly approach you next time! Hahaha
  • jensquish1
    jensquish1 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    She might just be looking at you because you're looking at her... I'm pretty sure that's the case with hot guys at my gym... They only look cause I'm creepily drooling and staring at them :(
  • hannibalholt89
    hannibalholt89 Posts: 101 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    i understand the whole talking to women at gym makes u feel like a creep but dude if u really think there is chemistry just go talk to her be honest, dont pass up on what could be a special woman bc of gym rules lol Id holla at a woman at a gym b4 i would a bar thats for sure
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    The answer is don't. I had some guy try to ask me out while I was squatting and I couldn't have been more annoyed and turned off. Especially since at the time I was seeing someone, and told him so, and he continued.

Just no.

Wait til she's done working out and is at the juice bar or something, sheesh.
  • ruthscrim1
    ruthscrim1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just talk to her, be yourself. Authenticity is just as attractive as muscle!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    My first instinct is to say no. Don't do it. However, if she's giving signals back chose a time between sets, introduce yourself and go for it. Just don't be a douche if she says no.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Wait until she's done her workout.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    WAIT until she is done exercising. Than go over and say Hi my name is Seth. How are you today?
  • TSith
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    Wear lots of cologne, make really loud grunts while lifting, and whenever she looks your direction flex your muscles. That's what usually works for me.

Hahahahaha yes this!
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    Wear lots of cologne, make really loud grunts while lifting, and whenever she looks your direction flex your muscles. That's what usually works for me.

How YOU doin?

• ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Seth1825 wrote: »
    Hey everyone so the guys know what I'm talking about; you're in the zone working out, lifting, you look around and all of a sudden over by a squat rack, you see this smoking hot girl wearing these high tight gym shorts. You kind of stare but trying to be a creep about it and she stares back at you. This happens multiple times, kind of awkward lol, not speaking to each other just looking at one another. This happens over a few more days because you keep working out at the same time somehow haha. What's the next step?! I mean for some reason I can't find a scenario where I would talk to her, she knows what she's doing so no advice is needed without me being obvious haha. Plus I don't know if women want to be hit on while they're working out doesn't seem like an ideal setting!

My understanding is that while most women generally don't mind having an attractive guy walk up and talk to them, doing it in the gym is probably the least optimal situation. They're often in skimpy (workout) clothing, sweaty, not feeling exactly at their best. They're there to work out. They feel pretty exposed already. Not a great situation.

Better places - coffee shops, bars, grocery stores, college campuses, the list goes on. Lots of places to approach women and chat them up. Nothing works 100%, but there are better and worse situations for this kind of thing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, ladies.
  • hannibalholt89
    hannibalholt89 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    ruthscrim1 wrote: »
    Just talk to her, be yourself. Authenticity is just as attractive as muscle!

100% agree...be yourself see something you like go after it or someone else will. Your not being urself if your following that whole "dnt talk to chicks at the gym rule" of course dnt interrupt her but if you guys go to the same gym ur guaranteed to run into her coming in or leaving the gym best time haha or you can try to catch her at the water fountain lol jk
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    DrEnalg wrote: »
    Seth1825 wrote: »

My understanding is that while most women generally don't mind having an attractive guy walk up and talk to them, doing it in the gym is probably the least optimal situation. They're often in skimpy (workout) clothing, sweaty, not feeling exactly at their best. They're there to work out. They feel pretty exposed already. Not a great situation.

Better places - coffee shops, bars, grocery stores, college campuses, the list goes on. Lots of places to approach women and chat them up. Nothing works 100%, but there are better and worse situations for this kind of thing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, ladies.

Nope. I agree with this. I go to the gym and I go to work. I'm usually on a time budget, and I want to focus. Its one place I want to go to do me and not have someone trying to get at me.
  • TSith
    Options
    I will say this... If im working out and I'm looking at you and you're looking at me and all that gross *kitten*..... If you somehow make me laugh across the room I will take my headphones off and approach you. I guess it's about delivery!
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    TSith wrote: »
    If someone interrupts my workout to ask me out, I would be pissed!!! Now tape a protein bar and a note to my car for me to come out to.. I will gladly approach you next time! Hahaha

This!!!