Which Womens Motorcycle Suit (choose which one)

Options
12346»

Replies

• roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Wow yeah I got like a 34 and a 32 or something but if your leather worker broke a purse I would not be trusting him with protective (and expensive) leather
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, #2 I think - I know you like the black, but the #1 in white looks great... :)

Love your current jacket btw!
    Thanks, I love it to pieces. If I could find it again I'd buy it (thee inside is worn through from sliding inside out on the highway, the liner is ripped apart and there's holes in the elbows as well as other places). It's over a mm thick, it has a fully remoavable liner and can zip to a vented panel and has vents in the arms and back...and has a back protector. Can't find that in anything now.

Damn, was going to ask where it came from...I'm upgrading to leather as soon as I can find something I like :D
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, #2 I think - I know you like the black, but the #1 in white looks great... :)

Love your current jacket btw!
    Thanks, I love it to pieces. If I could find it again I'd buy it (thee inside is worn through from sliding inside out on the highway, the liner is ripped apart and there's holes in the elbows as well as other places). It's over a mm thick, it has a fully remoavable liner and can zip to a vented panel and has vents in the arms and back...and has a back protector. Can't find that in anything now.

Damn, was going to ask where it came from...I'm upgrading to leather as soon as I can find something I like :D
    There are similar ones that just recently discontinued. There are still sizes left:
    http://www.solomotoparts.com/Dainese/?gclid=CIbt04_Q9bcCFZCY4Aoduw8Apg&c=268

The Victoria 1 piece is the newest technology.
  • CoderGal
    Options
    update:
    Thanks for the advice guys!

Some excitement came in the mail today:
    IMG_20130702_110709.jpg
    IMG_20130702_110701.jpg
    IMG_20130702_192419.jpg
    IMG_20130702_192329.jpg
    IMG_20130702_192306.jpg
    IMG_20130702_192239.jpg
    IMG_20130702_192146.jpg
  • CoderGal
    Options
    It has the D-skin shine:
    IMG_7545.JPG
    IMG_7546.JPG
    IMG_9578.jpg
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    but what's up with the gigantic underwear shaped triangle in the front?

hehehehehehe:wink:

Great choice!
  • CoderGal
    Options
    ^Gah :tongue: Like I said, it's not that I was opposed to this suit, I just tend to argue whatever side people are for in hopes to see if people have more to say. Also, the outside of the triangle is great. My crotch is nice and windy and ventilated :p
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    IN for ventilated crotches!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

YES, a definite must while riding!!
  • CoderGal
    Options
    There's nothing more free feeling then the wind at your crotch in public. :tongue:
  • roxylola
    Options
    Also, what is wrong with waterproof bike pants that no matter how much they cost and how waterproof they are everywhere else they always let water at the crotch? What is that about. In no way shape or form is my riding enhanced by the feeling of having wet my knickers!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

Great choice!

The leather is too stiff to allow for the kind of mobility needed at the joints, so instead of leather at the crotch and underarms they use a nylon or kevlar-based elastic fabric for mobility. It also allows air to flow freely through for ventilation purposes.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Also, what is wrong with waterproof bike pants that no matter how much they cost and how waterproof they are everywhere else they always let water at the crotch? What is that about. In no way shape or form is my riding enhanced by the feeling of having wet my knickers!

I know! I've owned two pairs of waterproof motorcycle overpants and with both of them after riding in the rain I was totally dry--except for a spot on the crotch that made it looked like I wet my pants. WTF.
  • CoderGal
    Options

Great choice!

The leather is too stiff to allow for the kind of mobility needed at the joints, so instead of leather at the crotch and underarms they use a nylon or kevlar-based elastic fabric for mobility. It also allows air to flow freely through for ventilation purposes.
    He knows, he's a friend, he's taunting me :p
  • CoderGal
    Options

I know! I've owned two pairs of waterproof motorcycle overpants and with both of them after riding in the rain I was totally dry--except for a spot on the crotch that made it looked like I wet my pants. WTF.
    Donno what your problems are, my waterproof pants were waterproof until I turned them into chaps. Maybe they think you dudes need it to solve your monkey butt problems ahhhaha
  • roxylola
    Options
    I'm a girl! I did not think we got monkey butt!

Maybe it is living in the uk - nothing can withstand the rain my all weather gear is subjected to. I could get an all in one over the top wet suit but that is just such a 'mare when we have warm muggy weather and you get all sweaty underneath.

Loving the new suit btw - looking great in the pics
  • CoderGal
    Options
    I'm a girl! I did not think we got monkey butt!

Maybe it is living in the uk - nothing can withstand the rain my all weather gear is subjected to. I could get an all in one over the top wet suit but that is just such a 'mare when we have warm muggy weather and you get all sweaty underneath.

Loving the new suit btw - looking great in the pics
    Believe me I understand. I live in Newfoundland, it rains sideways, and it rains heavy. It's not surprising a quick google returned this:
    3qua4i.jpg
    banner-gor-damage-922.jpg
    igor_damage.jpg
    hurricaneigor.low_.09-21-10.4653.023-974x647.jpg
    I had the Scorpion Savannah pants, which I don't recommend due to this:
    522819_10152233151675607_991705761_a.jpg
    But they were very comfortable in the rain before I made chaps of them.