Jozzmenia wrote: »
    I've alrrw
    psulemon wrote: »
    That's my
    smantha32 wrote: »

So if a new member comes here and posts "hey, guys, I'm new to the boards, looking for some support on this journey. I've had some success with xyz but it made me to jittery. My friend recommended abc and I'm wondering if anyone has tried it"

You think saying "there are no magic pills" is better than actually having a discussion about abc? And you think being sarcastic and condescending towards new posters is a good style for people here to learn? If you do, fine we disagree. If you don't then why are you arguing with me? I didn't ask for a supplement lesson.

How is saying "abc doesn't work, save your money", condescending?

If they followed your method, they'd be upset by being told abc doesn't work, you can lose weight for free just by eating at a deficit.

Plus, we have had these conversations so, so many times. Would it also be condescending to tell the OP to just use the search function? Can guarantee that none of our opinions on the several hundred threads about it would have changed!

I don't think there's in conversation in here that hasn't been had. But you're dammed if you do damned if you don't unless you're posting a "how hot is the person above you" thread apparently. If you post on an old topic they're like "we had this conversation already look it up" but if you do that and comment they're like "why are you reopening this old thread" smh apparently the boards have to go only the exact way certain people say.

I take solace in all the private messages from people, which I just discovered you can get today, who agree with me and have been put off by the bullying and negative attitudes. "Cico cult" as someone called it, that's a new one but made me laugh. But wouldn't encourage them to post their concerns publicly they know they'll just be called obese snake oil salesman or made up friends. It's okay though. People are more comfortable around like minded people and it's easier to push away people who disagree than to be accepting of differences so i can't expect better from such a large group.

There isn't a CICO cult. CICO is a mathematical equation that all bodies abide by. But what many of us understand, that science suggest that most pills are absolutely worthless. If you actually posted a thread regarding specific supplements or provided any type of scientific proof, this thread would be much different.

Yea that's my point. This thread wasn't about specific supplements people just somehow assumed that was my agenda.

Within the entire 15 pages of your rant, you never clearly defined what you mean by pills. And in those 15 pages, many of us explained which supplements work (and are proven by science - caffeine, creatine, whey, vitamins associated with deficiencies) and which ones don't work (green tea extracts, fat burners, etc..). The issue is, you continuously put all pills in categories. Which is wrong.

And at this point, I don't even know what the point of this thread is anymore as nothing was ever clearly defined. But if you want to clarify any of the 50 unanswered questions, we would love to listen.

I've already said i don't support any supplements. I don't know enough about them to make any claims. I don't claim to be an expert like people have said i do. I have had success with adipex and metabolife but don't recommend due to the risks and side effects. I think people could have a different approach to their advising if they really care about new people listening. I think it's reckless to comment on things you're not informed about.

Other than that what question do you feel is unanswered?

Ummm...
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I think the problem is many of them are dangerous and people don't always realize it as they are not regulated by the Fda. Why do they have jaundice warnings?? A healthy diet is much safer. And does work. People can do suppliments but they should be adequately informed. And why take the risk if you don't need to

Most if the drugs you see class actions for were sold to, i mean regulated by, the fda at one point. Frankly I'd be less bothered by a loved one taking green tea extract than adipex, xanax, ambien, methadone, dilaudid, etc. They push prescription pills like mad with horrible side effects.

Xanax, Ambien, methadone, Dilaudid and the like have risks, absolutely. They are prescribed under a Dr's close supervision.
    But they're actual medications that have been actually proven to work for treating actual legitimate serious health conditions.
    The fact you'd rather see a family member waste their time with useless green tea pills or something but wouldn't want them to see relief from say, crippling anxiety or insomnia or severe pain or opiate addiction because-Oh No, Big Pharma!
    Is disturbing.
    I think the problem is many of them are dangerous and people don't always realize it as they are not regulated by the Fda. Why do they have jaundice warnings?? A healthy diet is much safer. And does work. People can do suppliments but they should be adequately informed. And why take the risk if you don't need to

Most if the drugs you see class actions for were sold to, i mean regulated by, the fda at one point. Frankly I'd be less bothered by a loved one taking green tea extract than adipex, xanax, ambien, methadone, dilaudid, etc. They push prescription pills like mad with horrible side effects.

Xanax, Ambien, methadone, Dilaudid and the like have risks, absolutely. They are prescribed under a Dr's close supervision.
    But they're actual medications that have been actually proven to work for treating actual legitimate serious health conditions.
    The fact you'd rather see a family member waste their time with useless green tea pills or something but wouldn't want them to see relief from say, crippling anxiety or insomnia or severe pain or opiate addiction because-Oh No, Big Pharma!
    Is disturbing.

You can be disturbed if you want to. The number of prescription meds my brother was given for lupus and the damage it caused is even more disturbing. So is the accident my friend got in when she didn't know she was driving while on ambien. And so is the fact that people think if it's prescribed it's automatically ok. Michael Jackson thought the same thing.

What? Did she not know she was driving? Did she not know she was on Ambien?

Nevermind. I'm now convinced you are just completely making stuff up.

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I've alrrw
    That's my

So if a new member comes here and posts "hey, guys, I'm new to the boards, looking for some support on this journey. I've had some success with xyz but it made me to jittery. My friend recommended abc and I'm wondering if anyone has tried it"

You think saying "there are no magic pills" is better than actually having a discussion about abc? And you think being sarcastic and condescending towards new posters is a good style for people here to learn? If you do, fine we disagree. If you don't then why are you arguing with me? I didn't ask for a supplement lesson.

If they followed your method, they'd be upset by being told abc doesn't work, you can lose weight for free just by eating at a deficit.

Plus, we have had these conversations so, so many times. Would it also be condescending to tell the OP to just use the search function? Can guarantee that none of our opinions on the several hundred threads about it would have changed!

I don't think there's in conversation in here that hasn't been had. But you're dammed if you do damned if you don't unless you're posting a "how hot is the person above you" thread apparently. If you post on an old topic they're like "we had this conversation already look it up" but if you do that and comment they're like "why are you reopening this old thread" smh apparently the boards have to go only the exact way certain people say.

I take solace in all the private messages from people, which I just discovered you can get today, who agree with me and have been put off by the bullying and negative attitudes. "Cico cult" as someone called it, that's a new one but made me laugh. But wouldn't encourage them to post their concerns publicly they know they'll just be called obese snake oil salesman or made up friends. It's okay though. People are more comfortable around like minded people and it's easier to push away people who disagree than to be accepting of differences so i can't expect better from such a large group.

There isn't a CICO cult. CICO is a mathematical equation that all bodies abide by. But what many of us understand, that science suggest that most pills are absolutely worthless. If you actually posted a thread regarding specific supplements or provided any type of scientific proof, this thread would be much different.

Yea that's my point. This thread wasn't about specific supplements people just somehow assumed that was my agenda.

Within the entire 15 pages of your rant, you never clearly defined what you mean by pills. And in those 15 pages, many of us explained which supplements work (and are proven by science - caffeine, creatine, whey, vitamins associated with deficiencies) and which ones don't work (green tea extracts, fat burners, etc..). The issue is, you continuously put all pills in categories. Which is wrong.

And at this point, I don't even know what the point of this thread is anymore as nothing was ever clearly defined. But if you want to clarify any of the 50 unanswered questions, we would love to listen.

I've already said i don't support any supplements. I don't know enough about them to make any claims. I don't claim to be an expert like people have said i do. I have had success with adipex and metabolife but don't recommend due to the risks and side effects. I think people could have a different approach to their advising if they really care about new people listening. I think it's reckless to comment on things you're not informed about.

Ummm...

:Dtumblr_inline_nr899qWwo11qhe5f0_500.gif
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    ^There are far more above the line than I would have expected.

I can't believe green tea is higher than Omega 3 and Vitamin C.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    zyxst wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Debmal77 wrote: »

Oh there's totally a cult. Didn't you get the group text? We're doing a ceremony at midnight tonight under the light of the moon. Bring cookies.

Don't forget the goat.

I was thinking of a different sacrificial animal.

Lamb? Virgin? Marshmallow Peep?
    peeps-consumed-2.jpg

All cico cult members , we meet at midnight tonight. Bring peeps And chocolate we can eat at a deficit and lose weight. :wink:

Can I be a junior member? I'm not around much, but I can bring Skittles. Good for repelling tigers and bears (and maybe lions, oh my), and I suspect a potential step down from the PeepCleanse.

If you could bring any candy to repelled frogs , your in. I just think they are creepy.

I think the green M&Ms attract them... Maybe the yellow Reese's Pieces? The bright color makes them look poisonous in the animal world.

I think I just found out the root of the sugar is evil argument!

Problem solved!

tlpppggqbm5j.jpg
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options

Oh there's totally a cult. Didn't you get the group text? We're doing a ceremony at midnight tonight under the light of the moon. Bring cookies.

Don't forget the goat.

peeps-consumed-2.jpg

All cico cult members , we meet at midnight tonight. Bring peeps And chocolate we can eat at a deficit and lose weight. :wink:

Can I be a junior member? I'm not around much, but I can bring Skittles. Good for repelling tigers and bears (and maybe lions, oh my), and I suspect a potential step down from the PeepCleanse.

If you could bring any candy to repelled frogs , your in. I just think they are creepy.

I think the green M&Ms attract them... Maybe the yellow Reese's Pieces? The bright color makes them look poisonous in the animal world.

Problem solved!

tlpppggqbm5j.jpg

Bring Reese's pieces then !
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Don't forget the goat.

peeps-consumed-2.jpg

Problem solved!

tlpppggqbm5j.jpg

But just the Yellow ones. I will eat the other colors to protect everyone from the frogs. It will be a tough sacrifice, but I am thoughtful that way... :laugh:
  • zoeysasha37
    Options

Don't forget the goat.

peeps-consumed-2.jpg

Problem solved!

tlpppggqbm5j.jpg

But just the Yellow ones. I will eat the other colors to protect everyone from the frogs. It will be a tough sacrifice, but I am thoughtful that way... :laugh:

Way to take one for the team ! Lol
  • Jozzmenia
    Jozzmenia Posts: 252 Member
    Options

Is disturbing.

Is disturbing.

You can be disturbed if you want to. The number of prescription meds my brother was given for lupus and the damage it caused is even more disturbing. So is the accident my friend got in when she didn't know she was driving while on ambien. And so is the fact that people think if it's prescribed it's automatically ok. Michael Jackson thought the same thing.

What? Did she not know she was driving? Did she not know she was on Ambien?

Nevermind. I'm now convinced you are just completely making stuff up.

She blacked out. Like sleep walking. Good grief. Even though u believe Googles only purpose is to support YOUR argument u could easily find similar stories if u Googled ambien horror stories smh
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    We used to have a tree frog problem when we lived in North Carolina. They'd sneak under the screen door and attach themselves to it so you'd open the storm door and get a face full of frog. They've given me the willies ever since. It was ever so much fun to try to keep them from getting into the house because they were already on the inside of the door.

Sign me up for Reece's Pieces by the campfire, CICO comrades!
  • Jozzmenia
    Options
    I've alrrw
    That's my

Ummm...

Did i comment supprting ANY supplements? Smh
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    This thread makes my head hurt from smacking it :(
  • Jozzmenia
    Options
    mathjulz wrote: »
    Also, didn't the OP use some vague example of someone asking a question vaguely related to a medication for liver disease being told "everything is just snake oil" or "there's no magic pill"?

Because now OP is trashing medically proven pills, especially sedatives and mood stabilizers and the like. Because reasons.

I still don't think I'm as confused as OP, though.

So if it's legal and prescribed you think there can't be anything wrong with it?!?!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Is the use of "SMH" like some sort of internet tourettes?

Jozz, I don't think you even know what your original point was at this stage. SMH.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    I would like more logice, please. Perhaps a Venn Diagram of snake oil?

Snake_oil.png

Interesting that green tea is high on the "legit" scale...for cholesterol. I wonder in what doses and quantities it's useful for that at. Probably not at any doses that could be found over the counter or in a few glasses of tea daily. I'll have to do some researching on that.

Also very interesting, but completely unsurprising, is that "weight loss/control" doesn't come a single time in that infograph. Hmm, imagine that.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11897173

This is the study it's referring to.

CONCLUSION:
    Consumption of green tea was associated with lower serum concentration of total cholesterol in Japanese healthy workers age 40-69 years; however, green tea consumption was unrelated to serum HDL-cholesterol and triglycerides.

Ah, if that's the strength of the evidence, I now understand why there are so many circles above the line.

Yeah, full disclosure... That was one of the first image that popped up with a "venn diagram snake oil" image source. It was not vetted in any way and should not be taken as medical advice. It's literally a snake oil Venn Diagram of snake oil.
  • Jozzmenia
    Options

Don't forget the goat.

peeps-consumed-2.jpg

Jozz, I don't think you even know what your original point was at this stage. SMH.

I just listed what my points were less than an hour ago. But the responses of course went off track and my disdain for doctors who over prescribe and my experiences came out. Of course people think there's a pill for everything and think if their doc prescribed it then it's the bees knees but hey I'm an attorney so I can make lots of money off of that belief.
  • Jozzmenia
    Options

Sometimes u can only shake your head when things are just that crazy
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    We used to have a tree frog problem when we lived in North Carolina. They'd sneak under the screen door and attach themselves to it so you'd open the storm door and get a face full of frog. They've given me the willies ever since. It was ever so much fun to try to keep them from getting into the house because they were already on the inside of the door.

Sign me up for Reece's Pieces by the campfire, CICO comrades!

I would've been creeper out too! They are a nuisance ! They seem to make people cringe and are very annoying :wink:
This discussion has been closed.