Got snarked at the gym today

Options

Replies

• rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    What a mole!! Don't worry about people like that not worth the air they breath
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    LenGray wrote: »
    Regardless of whether this happened or didn't happen, this forum is called Motivation and Support. Last time I checked, telling someone that they're a liar because their story is unlikely in your frame of experience is neither motivating or supportive.

I like it
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    4lv4mha4h0qk.gif
  • jirisg92
    jirisg92 Posts: 15 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Lol I've seen a (fit) girl tell an unfit girl that she should let ppl that are actually going to put the treadmill to good use use it. (Unfit girl was walking and I guess the other girl wanted to run. This was an apartment gym with two treadmills) so i believe op story. There is plenty of rude ppl in this world.
  • MaryM1024
    MaryM1024 Posts: 59 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    If this did happen, that's messed up. I would have said something. If it didn't happen, why lie & say it did?
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    jirisg92 wrote: »
    Lol I've seen a (fit) girl tell an unfit girl that she should let ppl that are actually going to put the treadmill to good use use it. (Unfit girl was walking and I guess the other girl wanted to run. This was an apartment gym with two treadmills) so i believe op story. There is plenty of rude ppl in this world.

I wonder if people might feel less inhibited about that kind of thing in small apartment gyms like that than they would in commercial gyms with more of a public. Home turf, no one around, etc.
  • Neversettle78
    Neversettle78 Posts: 208 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    DavPul wrote: »
    25 years of spending tons of time in gyms and I've yet to see anything like this occur on any level. Add me to the list of people that doubt this really happened.

I agree, I am very skeptical that this actually happened the way it was described, or at all.
    Also, the OP's profile is sketchy itself...no gender, no pic...
    A person needs a pic or a filled out profile to be believable?

Did you ever consider that your logical fallacy thinking is the problem? If not, take some time to consider it.

have you ever considered that you have no idea what you're talking about?
    When it comes to pointing out such things as logical fallacy, I do know what I am am talking about.

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

We get it, you like using the same fancy words over and over again. You can stop now.

Edited to state I quoted the wrong post - this is directed at BasicGreatGuy
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Someone say "logical fallacy" one more time!!! :s
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Again, this is totally different than the OP's story. The girl wanted to use the treadmill and felt her workout was more important. I can totally believe this happened. Once again, it's not uncommon behaviour, like the other example earlier in the thread at guys giving each other a hard time at the gym. I still am skeptical about the OP.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

Again, this is totally different than the OP's story. The girl wanted to use the treadmill and felt her workout was more important. I can totally believe this happened. Once again, it's not uncommon behaviour, like the other example earlier in the thread at guys giving each other a hard time at the gym. I still am skeptical about the OP.

It's very similar to me. It's the "My workout is more important than yours, why are you taking up space" attitude
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »

It's very similar to me. It's the "My workout is more important than yours, why are you taking up space" attitude

I guess we can agree to disagree.
  • Damien_Scott
    Damien_Scott Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I would have retorted, "I do, every time I take a leak".
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    25 years of spending tons of time in gyms and I've yet to see anything like this occur on any level. Add me to the list of people that doubt this really happened.

I agree, I am very skeptical that this actually happened the way it was described, or at all.

Did you ever consider that your logical fallacy thinking is the problem? If not, take some time to consider it.

When it comes to pointing out such things as logical fallacy, I do know what I am am talking about.
    YUP^^
    You guise!! He's a good guy, really. You're throwing way too much shade on his game...I mean, he's just a squirrel trying to get a nut. Let him find his BasicGreatGirl on here doing what he does best.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Best response: Try minding your own business.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

We get it, you like using the same fancy words over and over again. You can stop now.

Although your misquote ended up far more entertaining since you managed to get one with no words at all :laugh:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

1. She wasn't taking up any of the girl's space. The stronger girl's workout was in no way inhibited by the OP. Well, unless she didn't like that the OP kept staring at her and was bothered by the OP judging her for lifting and looking so manly.
    2. Snarking someone is an act of condescension meant to make the other person feel small. People do that all the time. This treadmill incident would still be extremely rare, but belittling is a thing people do. Walking over to another person's space and throwing a dumbbell toward them is an act of pure aggression signaling that you're ready to fight RIGHT NOW. That rarely happens in any arena. It happens even less when the aggressor isn't part of a group. The most likely response is that the person you threw the dumbbell at picks it up and throws it at your head. People just don't initiate that sort of thing on the regular. Not without provocation or past history.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

1. She wasn't taking up any of the girl's space. The stronger girl's workout was in no way inhibited by the OP. Well, unless she didn't like that the OP kept staring at her and was bothered by the OP judging her for lifting and looking so manly.
    2. Snarking someone is an act of condescension meant to make the other person feel small. People do that all the time. This treadmill incident would still be extremely rare, but belittling is a thing people do. Walking over to another person's space and throwing a dumbbell toward them is an act of pure aggression signaling that you're ready to fight RIGHT NOW. That rarely happens in any arena. It happens even less when the aggressor isn't part of a group. The most likely response is that the person you threw the dumbbell at picks it up and throws it at your head. People just don't initiate that sort of thing on the regular. Not without provocation or past history.

To me, somebody telling me to get off the treadmill so they can workout is actually worse than another dropping a dumbbell and walking away. One person allegedly took off like a little *kitten* while the other continues to invade my space, impatiently asking me to GTFO
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

Exactly what I was trying to figure out how to say.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    z304 wrote: »
    After she was done she walked over, DROPPED a huge dumbbell next to me and said "try lifting something real" and walked out.

I can see why other people have questioned your version of events because this is an unusual thing to happen.

You can, however, take comfort from that. 99.9999999% of your trips to a gym over your lifetime will be uneventful and if anything you will experience far more kindness than rudeness. For some reason however the rudeness sticks in our minds for longer.

Simply put *kitten* that *kitten* and the horse she rode in on.

Now go about your day with serenity my sister.
  • Neversettle78
    Neversettle78 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

Although your misquote ended up far more entertaining since you managed to get one with no words at all :laugh:

I am happy to have entertained you today. You're welcome, lol.