123457»

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    DavPul wrote: »
    25 years of spending tons of time in gyms and I've yet to see anything like this occur on any level. Add me to the list of people that doubt this really happened.

I agree, I am very skeptical that this actually happened the way it was described, or at all.
    Also, the OP's profile is sketchy itself...no gender, no pic...
    A person needs a pic or a filled out profile to be believable?

Did you ever consider that your logical fallacy thinking is the problem? If not, take some time to consider it.

have you ever considered that you have no idea what you're talking about?
    When it comes to pointing out such things as logical fallacy, I do know what I am am talking about.

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

We get it, you like using the same fancy words over and over again. You can stop now.

Edited to state I quoted the wrong post - this is directed at BasicGreatGuy
    DanniB423 wrote: »
    Someone say "logical fallacy" one more time!!! :s

:laugh:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    DanniB423 wrote: »
    Someone say "logical fallacy" one more time!!! :s

2zKeMh1.gif
  • Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Maybe she was trying to motivate you. Just saying maybe she wasn't trying to be mean. A lot of women are afraid to lift heavy.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    z304 wrote: »
    It's the gym in my apartment building- there's a handful of cardio machines, two weight machines and a rack of dumbbells.

the weights can't possibly go up that high then- gym's in apartments are notoriously sh*tty.

I'm leaning more and more toward the "trololololol" camp.

• inkedShimewaza
    inkedShimewaza Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Even a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. (or somethin' like that!)
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    DavPul has a fine-grained understanding of snark, even a mastery, arguably. He is probably right.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    jirisg92 wrote: »
    Lol I've seen a (fit) girl tell an unfit girl that she should let ppl that are actually going to put the treadmill to good use use it. (Unfit girl was walking and I guess the other girl wanted to run. This was an apartment gym with two treadmills) so i believe op story. There is plenty of rude ppl in this world.

Again, this is totally different than the OP's story. The girl wanted to use the treadmill and felt her workout was more important. I can totally believe this happened. Once again, it's not uncommon behaviour, like the other example earlier in the thread at guys giving each other a hard time at the gym. I still am skeptical about the OP.

It's very similar to me. It's the "My workout is more important than yours, why are you taking up space" attitude

1. She wasn't taking up any of the girl's space. The stronger girl's workout was in no way inhibited by the OP. Well, unless she didn't like that the OP kept staring at her and was bothered by the OP judging her for lifting and looking so manly.
    2. Snarking someone is an act of condescension meant to make the other person feel small. People do that all the time. This treadmill incident would still be extremely rare, but belittling is a thing people do. Walking over to another person's space and throwing a dumbbell toward them is an act of pure aggression signaling that you're ready to fight RIGHT NOW. That rarely happens in any arena. It happens even less when the aggressor isn't part of a group. The most likely response is that the person you threw the dumbbell at picks it up and throws it at your head. People just don't initiate that sort of thing on the regular. Not without provocation or past history.

To me, somebody telling me to get off the treadmill so they can workout is actually worse than another dropping a dumbbell and walking away. One person allegedly took off like a little *kitten* while the other continues to invade my space, impatiently asking me to GTFO

you may have a point in that the treadmill scenario would feel more invasive. but the argument here centers around which is more pervasive, not invasive.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    DavPul has a fine-grained understanding of snark, even a mastery, arguably. He is probably right.

tumblr_mc0kn2SN4i1rgysyfo1_500.gif
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »

tumblr_mc0kn2SN4i1rgysyfo1_500.gif

Mmm, maybe