How did you meet your significant other?

Options

Replies

• freyaheart
    freyaheart Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I meet my husband in high school when I was 14. We started dating a year later. I was 15 and he was 17. He was my date for most of my school dances and prom. We've been together for 10 years total but we've only been married for 3 years, we just had our anniversary on June 5th.

I was in pictures from his family reunions since before we were engaged. If we ever have children it is going to be funny explaining that to them.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, online. Not on a dating site or anything like that. We lived half a world away from each other and were not looking to meet anyone. Pure fluke. It worked out alright in the end and 12 years later ..... :smooched:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    College football message board.
  • mrsburghart
    mrsburghart Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I was trying to get out of an unhealthy relationship and moved in with my best friend and her roommate who I had never met. Although I thought he was a total douche the first time I met him, he eventually grew on me and we've been together 4 years and engaged to be married!
  • Ashleymeganlove
    Options
    Senior year of high school- I was putting my books in my back seat after school and he walked by and said, "Hello Ashley!" in a pervy voice because I was bending over. We've been together for six years now and have a house together. Planning on getting engaged and married at some point too lol.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Apartment complex 25 years ago. He lived in front...I lived in back. Saw him walking up steps every night of the week. He got home from work like...30 seconds before I did...and lordie, what a sight. I made sure there was no significant other and then asked him out. Been together ever since. :bigsmile:
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    through a mutual friend at a New Years Eve party. 12 years ago!
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    We met in middle school, dated off and on til senior year and then had about a seven year hiatus from each other before getting back together and getting married.
  • aljeca
    aljeca Posts: 83
    Options
    Facebook! Haha.

Facebook here too! :)
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I met him on MFP.
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    work
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    on the midnight train.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    On line dating.
    I paid for three months, chatted to him on the first day, met him on the 3rd day and never looked at the dating site again....
    We've now been married five years... Best £10.00 I've ever spent !!! :love: :flowerforyou:

This sounds just like me. I met my hubby on a free online dating site. We talked a couple times on the phone then went out and just connected right away. I think after that first night I canceled my dating profile. We are also married for 5 years now..going on 6. :)
  • Mommylicous
    Mommylicous Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    We met in High School, but we both were dating other people then.. 3 years after graduation we reconnected and gave it a shot :)
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Work - 10 years later, we still work together. :heart: I get to see my love wherever I am!
  • get10fit2013
    get10fit2013 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Internet....Plenty of Fish....turns out he lived less than 100 yards from me and our kids knew each other in high school.
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    PlentyofFish!

We actually had mutual friends, and he used to be a regular customer when I worked at Hollywood Video 6 years ago.
  • ced1389
    ced1389 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    This sounds soooo skeezy but I actually had a "thing" with his brother and went to meet him for a night out and when I got there he introduced me to his out-of-town brother, my now boyfriend of 2 years. Felt bad at first but the heart wants what the heart wants!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    right here

Same!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    on the midnight train.
    going aaaaaanyyyyyywhere??? \m/