How did you meet your significant other?

Options

Replies

• TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    www.russianmailorderbrides.com
  • TreddersPT
    TreddersPT Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I met mine by staying in.
    I needed my phone line fixed and he was the telephone engineer that came to fix it :-)
  • KissMeImShtFaced
    Options
    www.russianmailorderbrides.com

In Soviet Russia bride orders you!!!
  • Enkibean
    Enkibean Posts: 56
    Options
    I met him through ICQ about 12 years ago. 10 years ago we met up, dated for a couple of weeks but he lived at the other side of the country and we were both young and poor so we gave it up as a bad job. Then about 18 months ago I caught up with him and we were both single for the first time since the last time and we lived just over an hour apart so we met up again and have been together ever since.

I am currently trying to find a job nearer so I can move in with him (at his request).

I waited a long time for this!

Wow, haven't thought about ICQ in forever...used to love that thing!
  • nlespier
    nlespier Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I met mine in middle school in 1991. We were great friends through middle and high school but never dated. About a year after we graduated we decided to start dating. 2 years later we got married. It's now been 12 1/2 years and we are still very happy and have 2 beautiful kids (7 y/o and 3/5 months).
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    a bar. next day i trained her at the gym.

how's that working for you.....does she make the perfect sammich?
  • ewdesign85
    ewdesign85 Posts: 28
    Options
    mfp <3
  • Enkibean
    Enkibean Posts: 56
    Options
    I met her my wife in college. She lived in the dorm a floor down from me, one room over. I used to blow bubbles out the window to get her attention. We've been married for almost 12 years now.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    fitness-singles.com

Best 30 bucks I ever spent.

Been dating 7 months and in the process of moving in together now. ;)
  • ldnmaggie
    ldnmaggie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Facebook haha! everyone seems to have met their other half online here!
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    A bestie recommended blackplanet.com sort of jokingly. Tried it and we've been living together over a year, together almost four... talking about babies and rings and wedding bells. Lolz.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    At panera bread! We were there meeting the same group of friends. He thought I was cute and asked me out. I said yes and were started dating - lots of long dates multiple times a week. It wasn't long before we decided to give a relationship a try.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Through a mutual friend when I was 16...then we met again 6 years later when he was done with bullriding and I was done with college...we've been together 12 1/2 years now and have been married for 3! :heart:
  • xxcatyxx555
    xxcatyxx555 Posts: 184
    Options
    I met mine on plenty of fish, as it turns out he lived two blocks away and hung out with my brother for years and years and we had a TON of friends in common
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    On a blind date.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Myspace. Old school.
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    :smile: Late one night in a bar there were shots and salsa dancing and this one guy who asked me to dance even though he wasn't really in dancing condition after all those drinks... Then at 2 AM there was greasy breakfast food at the local diner with our best friends... Voila! Celebrating our 3 yr anniversary in July :blushing:
    They say you wont meet nice guys in bars...not true!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    This is so lame, but we sang in a choir together. Not a church choir or anything, but still. We didn't start dating until years after we'd left the group though.
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    lol don't tell anyone, but we met on Craigslist! it seemed unlikely at first because of our 15 year age difference, but we talked online for what felt like years! (it was only 2 months though) then we finally met up with our dogs at the park, and we've just had our first anniversary, on May 28th!!

Ditto! met 01/06/09 :) now married :)
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    AOL Chat. Super old school. So old school that we were considered weird for meeting online. Now, it's normal.