How did you meet your significant other?

Options

Replies

• Sekxy49
    Sekxy49 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I met my hubby, 23 years ago at one of our local favorite bars (no longer open). He tapped my shoulder and asked if I'd like to dance....we haven't stopped dancing since!! (asked him what attracted him to me....my butt!!)
  • Bulldogmomma3
    Bulldogmomma3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    On AOL, 8 years ago and we've been married for almost a year now. The funny thing about it is that when he first started talking to me on AOL, I thought he was a flake and told him to take a hike. 6 months after that he sent me another message and out of sheer boredom I talked to him one night and the rest is history
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    My last SO .... on a double date, she was with my best friend, I was with my fiancee.
  • XxYeaIrocxX
    XxYeaIrocxX Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Met in ROTC class my freshmen year of high scool.
    Starting dating my junior year and now were going on 5 years of marriage. :smooched:
  • kmartinixx
    kmartinixx Posts: 197
    Options
    MYSPACE! Lol!
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    He roped me in with a FR on here, saying how he thought it was cool that we lived in the same city and enjoyed some of the same things. I wasn't really part of the community aspect of MFP before then. He took me out for pizza and didn't run away when I told him I was a vegetarian. He ran a 10km race with me and didn't leave me behind, even though I'm sure he could have finished before me.

I insisted on us just being friends for the first little while because of my crazy busy life...buuuuut that lasted about a month :wink:

Cheers to MFP for bringing people together! :drinker:
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    we first met in health class in my freshman year of high school and we started dating at the end of that year. I was 14 and he was 15, now we're both 21 and we've been together ever since!
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    when I was in 9th grade Algebra... didnt start 'dating' until the summer before my 10th grade year tho.. it was kinda like a scene from Mean Girls, I pretended to need help with my math just so i could talk to him lol ^_^

Next month will be 9 years for us <3
  • Captain_RG
    Captain_RG Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    On this site.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    when I was in 9th grade Algebra... didnt start 'dating' until the summer before my 10th grade year tho.. it was kinda like a scene from Mean Girls, I pretended to need help with my math just so i could talk to him lol ^_^

Next month will be 9 years for us <3
    aw, our stories are so similar! except we're at 6 years not 9!
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    He roped me in with a FR on here, saying how he thought it was cool that we lived in the same city and enjoyed some of the same things. I wasn't really part of the community aspect of MFP before then. He took me out for pizza and didn't run away when I told him I was a vegetarian. He ran a 10km race with me and didn't leave me behind, even though I'm sure he could have finished before me.

I insisted on us just being friends for the first little while because of my crazy busy life...buuuuut that lasted about a month :wink:

Cheers to MFP for bringing people together! :drinker:

♥♥♥♥♥

I met mine in an AIM chatroom.

Don't judge me!
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    OKCupid.com! Met my ex on there and we were together a year and a half then I found out he was still on there and still looking. Dumped him, revamped my profile, then met my wonderful man almost a month later after going out with a few creepazoids in the meantime. Everything fell naturally in place and I haven't looked back!
  • Badarolyn
    Badarolyn Posts: 5
    Options
    We met on one of those Chat lines. Ironically, it was the last time either of us planned to call it because the "chat" part was ever decreasing. I loved his voice and we talked for hours. He lived near LA and I was in San Diego at the time so we had "phone dates" for a couple of months. The first time we met it was like an episode of Blind Date. He came down to SD and we took the Trolley downtown to my favorite martini bar. I was so nervous I had us get off on on the wrong stop and we walked hand in hand to the restaurant. He looked like a happy puppy the whole night and I knew he was the One. We got engaged on my 40th birthday. Due to a move cross country move we put off the wedding plans and he came with me. We married a few years later. We were together a total of 8 years when he passed at 44 in 2009. God, how I miss him.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    We were set up by mutual friends (his best friend and my best friend, who are also married now!)... We will be married 2 years in December, together for a total of 4 years next month.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Online. OkCupid. I never look back :)
  • sweetzoejane
    sweetzoejane Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    It was early 2005 shortly after the release of the Nintendo DS. A mutual friend got his hands on one and just so happened to have two good friends who didn't know one another who were both so excited about the DS. We both were invited over to his dorm room and 8 years and many video games later, here we are.
  • luckyshilling
    Options
    We met because of a bet.......been together for 8yrs now (married 6).
  • OptimisticlyOptimistic
    OptimisticlyOptimistic Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I tried giving away fish on Craigslist. My platy's were reproducting like crazy. My husbands boss had found a fish tank and he was thinking about getting fish for the office and saw my ad. We chit chatted via email a few times and he asked if I wanted to meet for a beer (our emails had led to coversation about beer - we're both big beer lovers). I said yes, but then changed my mind and blew him off for a while. Something compelled to me to email him back after a bit and agree to meet up for that beer, and we've been pretty inseperable ever since.

ETA: I ♥ all these sweet stories!!
  • prettynikkish
    prettynikkish Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Through a mutual friend on Facebook
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    In a theology class. I'd just had my then-husband removed form the house with a Restraining Order and his relationship of 8 years was in the porcess of dying a natural death. I liked him but he was 15 years older and I didn't really think of him as dating material, which was fine because we got to know each other over the next year without the pressure of courtship.

After the divorce, when my Ex was coming through the house with his mover to get a quote on moving his stuff, my lawyer told me I should get someone to be there with me. Now-DH seemed like a solid, dependable guy (he is) so I asked him. It just clicked from there. We just celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary.