Ive tried military diet

Options
Im so curious about this diet and I didnt believe u could lose up to 10lbs in 3 days, so I tried this one from 212lbs I dropped 8lbs in 3days I weigh 204lbs it was a surprised, a good one thou, you can try it out too, I didnt feel hungry at that time thou I needed a lot of self control not to eat the foods I wanted. :)

Replies

• vinbar1
    vinbar1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have been on it for 4 months now and I am down 30LBS I have changes the 3 day plan to really whatever i want as long as its is the same calories and it still works. I averaged about 1.75 lbs per week. I am never hungry on the 3 days on. I eat high protein those days and am never hungry.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Let's see how long you last on this diet.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Im so curious about this diet and I didnt believe u could lose up to 10lbs in 3 days, so I tried this one from 212lbs I dropped 8lbs in 3days I weigh 204lbs it was a surprised, a good one thou, you can try it out too, I didnt feel hungry at that time thou I needed a lot of self control not to eat the foods I wanted. :)

Most people here lose weight and DO eat the foods they like......whatever

These types of very low calorie diets (VLCD) don't get much support here. In fact it's against MFP rules to promote VLCDs here.

These types of diets that are "eat this day 1, eat this day 2" don't actually teach you about the foods YOU eat on a regular basis. Learning about my favorite foods (measuring & logging)....may be more work, but I've actually LEARNED something that helps me keep the weight from coming back. Maintenance takes effort.
  • rcamille969
    rcamille969 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    vinbar1 wrote: »
    I have been on it for 4 months now and I am down 30LBS I have changes the 3 day plan to really whatever i want as long as its is the same calories and it still works. I averaged about 1.75 lbs per week. I am never hungry on the 3 days on. I eat high protein those days and am never hungry.

• vinbar1
    Options
    It is a lifestyle now, just like any normal eating plan. Weigh your food, count your calories, track everything, exercise and repeat. Its just a way of life. Once I reach my goal weight I will increase my 3 days calories so I stay put and that will be life.
  • rcamille969
    Options
    Yeah im surprise I didnt feel hungry as well but others seems not to like it if you lose the weight too fast, but the diet doesnt seem so bad.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Well the first week on a diet when you severely restrict calories you would probably lose quite a bit. The trick is that diets like this are not sustainable. In addition from what I can see the "military" (no one in the military would eat like that) diet completely lacks any nutritional value. Hot dogs, saltines and ice cream do not make for a well rounded diet. Glad you are happy with the results but I for one will pass on this nonsense.
  • rcamille969
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

Most people here lose weight and DO eat the foods they like......whatever

These types of very low calorie diets (VLCD) don't get much support here. In fact it's against MFP rules to promote VLCDs here.

These types of diets that are "eat this day 1, eat this day 2" don't actually teach you about the foods YOU eat on a regular basis. Learning about my favorite foods (measuring & logging)....may be more work, but I've actually LEARNED something that helps me keep the weight from coming back. Maintenance takes effort.

I guess that will work better thanks
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It's an awful diet. Hot dogs and saltines. Really? Really?

The cabbage soup diet is better and that's not saying much.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Yeah im surprise I didnt feel hungry as well but others seems not to like it if you lose the weight too fast, but the diet doesnt seem so bad.

Talk to us when youve lost it all. The problem is sustaining it. You are losing weight because its very low calories, doy ou think you cna be like that for the rest of your life? People often lose a lot of weight at the beginning. Try it though its goo you experiment and learn bu your own experience.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Some of my friends have tried this and passed but... They were in the military, and only did it to pass tape... Afterwards, they were back to normal.
  • vinbar1
    Options
    I have learned a ton from this diet. it just starts you off. You do not have to eat the same food all the time. It taught me how to count and track my calories. It taught me what a serving is and looks like. It taught me how to eat good foods and make good choices. Don't knock this just because it does not fit the box. It even gives plans for the days off so you continue to eat right. I will say this it is not for everyone. My wife hated it. She prefers wait watchers. I say use what works for you.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I lost 32 pounds my first month...but i did CICO

All water weight anyway.
  • rcamille969
    Options
    My tastebud kinda change, I stop craving for salty foods, and to eat in a smaller portion, I guess thats what ive learned in that diet
  • rcamille969
    Options
    Whats cico
  • vinbar1
    Options
    Its not hot dog every day its just one meal on one day and I changed mine to say tuna or steak or chicken or fish. Like I said you can make it what you want. and you do not eat that low all week just the 3 days. feel free to look at my logs. But like I said this is not for everyone and I would not stick to the original plan either. just the calorie count. The plan if you read up on it will tell you you do not have to follow the menu just the calorie count.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Hm. Military diet didn't even make the list. But it should.
    http://www.wellsphere.com/healthy-living-article/top-10-dumbest-fad-diets-diet-reviews/610770

CICO is short for Calories-In, Calories-Out. The idea is if you eat fewer calories than you burn daily, you will lose weight.

A serving is not a soda cracker.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Whats cico

Calories in versus calories out
    You can eat everything you want ( as long as you dont have any medical issues with foods)

And you just weigh everything and log it and count up the calories.
    Very easy
    Very effect
    very good for long term

• rcamille969
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Hm. Military diet didn't even make the list. But it should.
    http://www.wellsphere.com/healthy-living-article/top-10-dumbest-fad-diets-diet-reviews/610770

CICO is short for Calories-In, Calories-Out. The idea is if you eat fewer calories than you burn daily, you will lose weight.

A serving is not a soda cracker.

• rcamille969
    Options
    Okay thanks that is helpful :)
This discussion has been closed.