Ive tried military diet

Options

Replies

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Oh and no craving here either..when i want chocolate i take chocolate Or pizza or donut.
    Just moderation
    I fit it in my calorie allowance for that day.

9 months further now and 103 pounds lost.
  • vinbar1
    vinbar1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love chip and have them as a snack instead of ice cream. But I have also started having baked chip, veggie chip and other snack I would normally not have even tried. I love banana chips with peanut butter too. I eat more greens then I ever did in the past.
  • rcamille969
    rcamille969 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    BWBTrish wrote: »
    Whats cico

Calories in versus calories out
    You can eat everything you want ( as long as you dont have any medical issues with foods)

And you just weigh everything and log it and count up the calories.
    Very easy
    Very effect
    very good for long term

Yes thank you very much :)
  • vinbar1
    Options
    the military diet is a cico diet. Cals in Cals out.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    As a general rule, fast weight loss = fast weight re-gain.
    NO THANKS!
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    vinbar1 wrote: »
    the military diet is a cico diet. Cals in Cals out.

Actually it's a 3 day VLCD. You primarily lose water weight because it forces your body to go through it's glycogen stores. It comes back quickly as your body restores glycogen.

To burn one pound of fat you need a sustained deficit of about 3500 calories below your TDEE. That is extremely difficult to do in three days.
  • rcamille969
    rcamille969 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I dont drink sodas and I dont like foods that are sweet either, my bad habit is I like salty foods, pringles chips, I stopped doin that now, before I weigh 204lbs I was only 130lbs Ive gained the weight for like 3yrs since I moved in the city, eating out makes it worse
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I tried the diet the military offers at ~4000cal/day. Lots of PT and still ended up losing weight.

The world's militaries should come together and assault the creators and marketers of this crapfest of a diet.

OP - move along, nothing to see here.
  • rachelbouc
    rachelbouc Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Okay...My dad brings MREs home on occasion and I've never seen food like at in them. Where's the BEEFy mac? Stick to CICO.
  • vinbar1
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Look bpetrosky I have lost weight and inches it is not water weight. I went from a size 38 to 35 in 4 months just in my waste, I have lost every where. You do not lose the weight in 3 days its the entire week. It is a CICO. You still need to follow the same 3500 cal process even the plan explains this. You can not eat 3000 cal on the 4 days off and expect to lose weight. that's why the plan give you suggested meal plans on off days.
  • vinbar1
    Options
    I don't drink soda to. wasted calories something I have learned doing this one too. I drink more water then I ever did and I do not nearly drink as much as the plan said to. I still have my coffee EVERYDAY. I hope you continue to lose the weight and just like everyone else has suggested there are other ways to go about this. But what ever you do don't stop trying. Make it your own. Remember you will not always lose so much just stick to it. I had to learn that it was ok if I did not lose more than 1/2 a lb in a week as long as I kept losing.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    It's an awful diet programme

With an irrelevant name

And serious risk of long term failure

I'd avoid like the plague

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat at a caloric deficit and eat food?
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    Look bpetrosky I have lost weight and inches it is not water weight. I went from a size 38 to 35 in 4 months just in my waste, I have lost every where. You do not lose the weight in 3 days its the entire week. It is a CICO. You still need to follow the same 3500 cal process even the plan explains this. You can not eat 3000 cal on the 4 days off and expect to lose weight. that's why the plan give you suggested meal plans on off days.

i think bpetrosky knows perfectly how it works lol

the point is...it is a very low calorie diet...Which doesnt learn you to eat properly in moderation...what will you do after this diet???
    To not gain, like before

• BWBTrish
    Options
    I don't drink soda to. wasted calories something I have learned doing this one too. I drink more water then I ever did and I do not nearly drink as much as the plan said to. I still have my coffee EVERYDAY. I hope you continue to lose the weight and just like everyone else has suggested there are other ways to go about this. But what ever you do don't stop trying. Make it your own. Remember you will not always lose so much just stick to it. I had to learn that it was ok if I did not lose more than 1/2 a lb in a week as long as I kept losing.

and eating only around 1000 calories a day for a man..for 4 months...wow just wow.
    You think that is healthy?

• jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    BWBTrish wrote: »

and eating only around 1000 calories a day for a man..for 4 months...wow just wow.
    You think that is healthy?

This ridiculous diet is closer to 700-800 calories a day. I wish I would have bookmarked the thread where someone had calculated it and posted screen shots of the calorie totals.
  • ditsyblond17
    ditsyblond17 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    rachelbouc wrote: »
    Okay...My dad brings MREs home on occasion and I've never seen food like at in them. Where's the BEEFy mac? Stick to CICO.

Yuck. MRE's. My dad STILL think it is a feast worthy meal and tries to share with everyone. Last time I saw him, he offered me spaghetti or something like that. I looked at him like he had two heads. Haha.
  • vinbar1
    Options
    I eat very healthy on those three days. and its more like 1100 for me just for 3 days. I will eat 2 eggs with mushrooms, chicken with salad, tuna with toast, green beans some fruit and I might have ice cream for a snack or almonds or just veggies, my choice. thats one day what is so unhealthy about this? Like i said I made it my own and it works for me.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I eat very healthy on those three days. and its more like 1100 for me just for 3 days. I will eat 2 eggs with mushrooms, chicken with salad, tuna with toast, green beans some fruit and I might have ice cream for a snack or almonds or just veggies, my choice. thats one day what is so unhealthy about this? Like i said I made it my own and it works for me.

What is your total weekly caloric intake? And how does that compare to your TDEE?
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    rachelbouc wrote: »

Yuck. MRE's. My dad STILL think it is a feast worthy meal and tries to share with everyone. Last time I saw him, he offered me spaghetti or something like that. I looked at him like he had two heads. Haha.

The chilimac is actually pretty darn good!
This discussion has been closed.