Are you willing to share one thing you used to binge on that now ...

Options
1235»

Replies

• distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    @kjackiw That was exactly the point of this thread. I'm so glad you found something in this!
  • ericGold15
    ericGold15 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    laurimaki wrote: »
    My secret is not a secret at all. I know my weaknesses, so honestly the thing that has worked best for me is not buying things I want.
    1+

If candy is in the house I'll wipe it out in one sitting. Lucky for me I hate shopping, so now that my wife does not bring junk food home there is no problem.

• Gozergirl
    Gozergirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oh dear....
    Chocolate and anything salty. Entire packs worth, I can't stop at one! It's been getting better though, but I still won't bring oreos into the house!
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Pringles
    Oreos dipped in milk
    Mike Sell's potato chips with cottage cheese as dip
    Bigger than king size candy bars
    Nutella spread on graham crackers sprinkled with slivered almonds.
    Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough- raw.

Just don't buy that stuff.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I can binge on anything (sweet or salty) - peanut butter, candy, cookies, tortilla chips, potato chips, nuts, etc.

If these items are not in the house, I simply won't eat them because I am usually too tired/lazy/embarassed to go out and buy them. If they ARE around (I cannot stop my guy and his kids from eating things they like and can control), the only way I can sort of control the amount I eat is if they are packaged in smaller portions. For example, I buy the Trader Joe's Lite Kettle Corn snack bags. For some reason, I can stop only when the bag is empty so it is better that the bag/package is smaller. I think it might have to do with being told to finish all of the food on my plate at mealtimes when growing up.
  • opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Cereal. I can't believe I actually thought this was a healthy snack.

Instead of munching on chips, I would fill a big bowl with a couple cups of cereal, add a large handfuls of raisins, almonds, granola. Plus I would add some chocolate syrup to the milk. (because I was having all these other healthy things in it, I deserved something indulgent too.)

For shiggles I calculated the calories in it. It was well over 1000 calories. For a night time snack.

I still have it now as a treat, if I but I weigh out 1/2 cup of cereal, weigh out the raisins or almonds or granola (I only add one) and measure out a half a cup of milk. Plus I use a much smaller bowl.

A good reminder to myself that it isn't only junk food that caused the weight gain it was just too much food in general.
  • lauractemple85
    lauractemple85 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Whole bags of Salt and Vinegar chips!
  • LokiDokiArtichoki
    LokiDokiArtichoki Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    At my worst, I would go through bags of cereal... Like those giant-*kitten* bags of generic cereal (marshmallow mateys). With milk. And loaves (like entire loaves) of bread. Ugh. So glad I'm past that.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    At my worst, I would go through bags of cereal... Like those giant-*kitten* bags of generic cereal (marshmallow mateys). With milk. And loaves (like entire loaves) of bread. Ugh. So glad I'm past that.

Oh man, cereal was (and still is) my weakness! I'd get the largest bowl from the cabinet and fill it up, then usually have seconds! D: Now I purposely don't get the cereals I really want, because I'm afraid I won't be able to control it.

I used to eat pints of Ben & Jerry's or Haagen Dazs ice cream several nights a week. My nutrition used to be terrible. I would basically go all day without eating, then in the evening I would load up on junk (bagels or bread, ice cream, chips, processed food).
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Oh man and Oreos or any cookies. I looked at a package in the store recently and I think the package said like 120 calories for two Oreos... And I'm like, "WHAT PERSON IS EATING JUST TWO OREOS?!!"
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Oh man and Oreos or any cookies. I looked at a package in the store recently and I think the package said like 120 calories for two Oreos... And I'm like, "WHAT PERSON IS EATING JUST TWO OREOS?!!"
    Yeah, I used to do the game of trying to balance oreos and milk. Finished with your Oreos but not your milk? More Oreos are needed then. Out of milk now but still have Oreos? More milk is needed then.

This game could result in a whole sleeve or row of Oreos down the hatch, and 300-400 calories of milk.
  • mahya_03
    mahya_03 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I ate a box of Girl Guides Thin Mints in one sitting...sooooo good but was very sick by the end and most definietly regretted it..after, but not during.
  • WildePillar
    WildePillar Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    A jar of peanut butter... sometimes I don't even need a spoon. Ugh. Gross.
  • MrsCaitlinBeltran
    MrsCaitlinBeltran Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Lol, Pizza! I could put away a large sized sausage pizza from Little Caesar's in less than hour while drinking loads of soda....like, holy tatertots!!! :#
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Just have to say that I cried reading this thread. I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one with a binge-y past.

I used to eat in secret and felt the shame some of you mentioned. I can talk myself out of binges now (most of the time), thank goodness.

I would eat whole bags of chips, pintS of ice cream, a big package of Oreos... Anything that I could find.

I feel like my old binging ways are manifested in my diet now, with my huge salads and lots of high volume/low calorie foods. I still have the desire to eat a ton, but I know I just can't binge on the same things.
  • sealightdolphin
    sealightdolphin Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    A bag of chips in one sitting, a large pizza with garlic sauce, and peanut butter cups. My favorite was ice cream, with whip cream and a brownie on top for good measure.
  • britzen
    britzen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream! I'd even bike to the store and buy a 1/2 gallon, then dish it out over a few hours, consuming the whole carton before my boyfriend got home. And if we had some ice cream already in the house, I'd eat it, then I'd buy the same kind and eat to the same point and put it back in the freezer.