Alright people who supposedly get full on 1200, how do you do it?

Options

Replies

• Katielou112
    Katielou112 Posts: 55 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Typical day:

Breakfast - 50g of Branflakes with skimmed milk = ~220cals
    Lunch - 116g of flavoured chicken (I count the cals for any sauce/seasoning I make) & 50g of quinoa plus some tomatoes/cucumber/lettuce = ~350cals
    OR an omelette with salad OR soup OR turkey burgers etc...
    Snack - Whitworths berry and chocolate shot or a nutrigrain bar or some fruit...whatever = up to 150cals
    Dinner - Turkey burger with some salad and homemade sweet potato wedges = ~450cals
    OR something like a ham salad with avocado & walnuts = ~400cals then I'll have something like an aero mousse or grapes/small glass of wine to finish
    OR half a pizza express pollo pesto pizza = 304 cals with some salad (under 60cals)
    OR soup
    OR pizza express pasta (125g so half a pack) with 10g of butter and salt & pepper on top (the way real Italians do ;) ) = ~300 cals

Definitely enough to feel full!
  • extacymoon
    extacymoon Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Lots of veggies and protein. If you look you can find plenty of filling food with little calories. I also try to eat about 5-6 times a day so I am eating every couple of hours. This works for me because I work from home. Might be a little harder if you work outside the home.
  • emsads
    emsads Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    a lot of factors for me haha.
    1. i'm 5'1. MFP has a stupid thing of not going below 1200 calories for everyone and i think its frustrating because the accuracy decreases with your height. i try to eat 800-1200, with my average being 1000.
    2. i only eat lunch and dinner because i feel like smaller meals disappear faster. this way i could also eat what i want and be more efficient with my time. ain got no time for 100 cal snack making and eating
    3. i'm fairly sedentary, though i try to do some activity for at least an hour per week.
    4. i've always eaten like this except for that time i was adjusting to college and having my friends be all guys, hence i ate like the guys too (who are all a head taller and more active than me). put on 10 lbs lol
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    paulcenso wrote: »
    This isn't a thread bashing you, it's me asking how do you manage it?? I get super hungry on that little a day, however I'm wanting to try it again. What are your typical meals? Do you ever feel famished?

I am 5'11 211 lbs and I eat 1200 -1400 Max calories a day. I eat every two hours things High in protein. I've lost almost 20 lbs in 30 days.

You're a 20 year old male...

Yep, that started my Monday of with a case of the sadz....say see ya to LBM.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Typical day:

Lunch - 116g of flavoured chicken (I count the cals for any sauce/seasoning I make) & 50g of quinoa plus some tomatoes/cucumber/lettuce = ~350cals
    Snack - Whitworths berry and chocolate shot or a nutrigrain bar or some fruit...whatever = up to 150cals
    Dinner - Turkey burger with some salad and homemade sweet potato wedges = ~450cals
    OR something like a ham salad with avocado & walnuts = ~400cals then I'll have something like an aero mousse or grapes/small glass of wine to finish
    OR half a pizza express pollo pesto pizza = 304 cals with some salad (under 60cals)
    OR soup
    OR pizza express pasta (125g so half a pack) with 10g of butter and salt & pepper on top (the way real Italians do ;) ) = ~300 cals

Ok definitely not for me.

I guess it all comes down to how our hunger hormones work.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Typical day:

OR soup

x2
    I'd still be hungry after breakfast alone.

I can't do primarily carbs alone, like a piece of fruit or cereal. Even oatmeal doesn't fill me even though everyone says it should.
  • sidricks
    sidricks Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have been on 1200 cals since April 21. Sure it's tough getting used to. I definitely had to tweak a few things. My main thing is I don't like to go more than two hours without a meal or snack. I pretty much eat the same thing every day

Breakfast 10:30 am
    Coffee with one sugar and 2% milk
    Steal cut oats with blueberries or raisins. Very heavy. Fills me up

Snack 12:00
    Greek yogurt with all bran buds in it

Lunch 2:00
    Two egg omelette with shredded cheese. (Whole eggs)
    Sugar free jello cup

3:30
    French vanilla coffee with 2% milk

Dinner 5:30
    Tossed salad with broccoli, romaine lettuce, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes and onions ( it varies)
    Chicken or fish or even a lean cuisine if I'm busy
    I'm very full from dinner. The salad is large and I find it hard to finish my meal sometimes

7:00
    Pudding cup

9:00 or later
    Sugar free jello cup

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Typical day:

OR soup

x2

I can't do primarily carbs alone, like a piece of fruit or cereal. Even oatmeal doesn't fill me even though everyone says it should.

Haha ditto.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Typical day:

OR soup

x2

Haha ditto.

Same here. Have to have primarily protein at breakfast, or i'm starving an hour later.
  • lalainap19
    lalainap19 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have done 1200 calories a day since May 31st I have a meal replacement protein shake for breakfast. A grilled chicken salad for lunch or Greek yogurt because all the protein and I eat a normal dinner just small portion I never fry anything anymore just bake. And drink a lot of water. I'm not starving I don't feel starved but everyone is different. And since I do not exercise I'm strict to my diet. When I get to my goal weight I will take more calories and tone up at the gym. Good luck.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Typically my day looks like this:
    Breakfast - 1/4 of a frittata (140 calories)
    Lunch - some kind of vegetable based chili, soup, or stew (200-250 calories)
    Dinner - Zoodles, stuffed vegetables, some kind of stir fry, meat and veg, etc. (200-400 calories)

I have plenty of room for snacks or whatever if I'm hungry on top of my meals.
  • FullofTrixie
    FullofTrixie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200 I find if I eat low carb I just am not really that hungry.
  • Chasity6
    Chasity6 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Lean protein, lots of low calorie veggies, some fruit and higher fat through oil. But no processed food so that makes it easier. I guess the amount of veggies keeps me full due to volume compared to processed food. I also weigh and measure everything I eat so should be accurate readings. I have to watch fruit intake though due to blood glucose levels.
  • ixshelle
    ixshelle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For me at least, the 1200 goal is never ACTUALLY 1200 because I wear a Fitbit and exercise. On a day I work out, I may earn up to 600 more calories (200+ from Fitbit, 400 from spin class for example), so my goal actually becomes 1800. For me, that's really easy to maintain, especially if I don't drink any booze. My breakfast is always low cal, high protein (cottage cheese) and my lunches are light so I can have a bit more flexibility at dinner. Protein and veg, watch the starches, and if you must snack try to have something with protein instead of sugar. Since starting 1200 less than a week ago, I've already lost almost 2 lbs whereas before I was only losing .5 lbs a week.
  • mhollencamp102012
    mhollencamp102012 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Quality....not quantity....I get by on between 900 & 1200 cals a day (before u flip out its per docs orders) but I eat mostly meat high in protein... Some fruit...vegies...and as few carbs as I can. I also have a protein drink (low carbs and sugar high protein ) to help if I get hungry when I usually don't. 1200 calories is very doable ...and safe if you do it right. Lots of water as well....I weigh EVERYTHING and actually round up a little so I am sure I am not under estimating my calories.... Meaning if I weigh something and it says it is 2.5oz...I round it up to 3oz and enter those calories to be safe. I bring my scale with me when we go to my in laws for dinner...and only eat foods not mixed...meaning I don't eat a hot dish or tuna salad because its too hard to account for cals and micros. A little obsessive yes....but its been working :)
  • coco_bee
    coco_bee Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The way I see it is I have to let go of that feeling of fullness I had before in order to lose weight. You know that fullness where pants are almost busting at the seams and you feel very uncomfortable and fat. I'm learning to eat to satisfaction which means hunger pangs are gone and I am only half-full. Drink more water (I use Stevia water drops for flavour, much easier to drink) as the body needs water and we sometimes mistake this for food. Listen to your body. Good luck.
  • jaywirth88
    jaywirth88 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey! So i drink LOTS of water (about 15 cups (1 gallon)) and i have protein in every meal. Also i have eliminated all breads and grains, and i stay pretty full.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I was on a 1200 plan for around 3 months - by the 4th, I just couldn't do it anymore and upped my calories to 1500 (and still losing!). For me, it was hard to not feel famished on 1200 - especially with intense work outs.

Perhaps try more protein :)
    I hear that's one way of getting rid of nasty hunger pangs - but really (and I'm sorry to sound like a nag), I'd say up your calories ever so slightly if you can.
  • xoSharon94xo
    xoSharon94xo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm like a camel...lol from years of skipping meals, I realized my body is just storing the food :/ 1200 is a lot when you're only eating dinner & some snacks. I need to work on eating small meals through out the day.