How long has it been since you've had fast food?

Options

Replies

• JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I eat Subway almost every day for breakfast. Yesterday I had Burger King's original chicken sandwich and some fries. I would have felt a lot better without the fries just because they tasted horrible. Next time I'll just get the sandwich. I don't usually eat out for lunch or dinner very often, though.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I eat fast food once or twice a week, often Subway or a local-only chain similar to Taco Bell (with much better ingredients). Occasionally I'll have Schlotzsky's pizzas or a veggie sandwich, but I find that I can't eat all of the bread anymore. For me, that's not really a lot. I used to eat fast food a lot.

One thing I *never* do anymore is fast food breakfast.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I had an Egg White Delight McMuffin and iced brewed coffee from McDonald's a few weeks ago and I felt dizzy, bloated, and nauseous all morning at work...and starving by lunchtime (I'm normally not at all).

Even though I still eat some fast food, McDonald's is out...
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I had an Egg White Delight McMuffin and iced brewed coffee from McDonald's a few weeks ago and I felt dizzy, bloated, and nauseous all morning at work...and starving by lunchtime (I'm normally not at all).

Even though I still eat some fast food, McDonald's is out...

......... Uh.

What on earth do you think they put in there to make you so sick?

Don't you think it might be mental and not physical?
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    10 minutes ago :laugh: We ordered pizza for a treat. I only had 2 slices with a salad where I used to eat half a pizza and sometimes more before bed :embarassed: We do try to limit fast food to no more than twice a month but I don't have a problem fitting it into my plan.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Had some Pizza Hut for Lunch.
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Little Ceasars last week...
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Subway for lunch. Already planning the Bacon Habanero Ranch Quarter Pounder with fries and ice cream for dinner tomorrow.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I let myself have some pizza today!

Before today it was probably A&Ws a month and a bit ago, or thereabouts.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    2 freakin years!!!!
  • thatonepersonfromtheinternet
    Options
    Regarding typical burger/fries fast food, probably about 1.5 years
  • Nina1007
    Nina1007 Posts: 150
    Options
    Had a flamethrower grilled chicken sandwich from Dairy Queen last night. It didn't treat me right though. I'm sticking with Burger King from now on. Heh
  • Nina1007
    Nina1007 Posts: 150
    Options
    I would kill to have a Long John Silvers around here!
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Although its fast service, I don't consider Subway to be your typical 'fast food', like burgers and fries.

You can get a turkey/cheese/tomato/spinach on a 6 inch and only 300 or so calories. And for the most part its fresh ingredients.

Taco Bell Fresco Soft Tacos aren't bad for your macros either.

I would usually have a large regular coke at every meal, now I'm fine with cold water. Works for me (so far)
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Although its fast service, I don't consider Subway to be your typical 'fast food', like burgers and fries.

You can get a turkey/cheese/tomato/spinach on a 6 inch and only 300 or so calories. And for the most part its fresh ingredients.

Taco Bell Fresco Soft Tacos aren't bad for your macros either.

I would usually have a large regular coke at every meal, now I'm fine with cold water. Works for me (so far)

You can also get a footlong meatball with cheese for 1040 calories, and at McDonald's you can get a grilled chicken sandwich with lettuce and tomato for 300 calories.

What makes Subway different?
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    A McDonald's quarterpounder with cheese last week, Yoshinoiya beef bowl yesterday. If it fits in my kcal budget, I eatz. U mad?

^^This! I'm so sick of people thinking they're so cool because they only eat "clean". Here's a question, if the body composition outcome is the same for people who eat "clean" and people that follow IIFYM, then why eat "clean" 100% of the time? Because you have some false sense of self righteousness? Can't stand that...
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I had fast food last week because I was on the road, but I try to be sensible. I eat a heck of a lot of salads or stuff lower in fat. I can be done, it just takes discipline.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Two days ago,I had small chili & spicy chicken sandwich at Wendys.Tasted good & was able to keep ging on a busy day of appts for me & my husband.
    Had breakfast before leaving home,so wasn't starved.I track nutrition a day ahead if possible,if not,that is done as soon as I can.

Tracking on restaurant site has been a huge help.....at least for me. Don't like surprises when it comes to calories/nutrients.:sad:
  • spaghetti93
    spaghetti93 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    i got 1 taco from taco bell last august. It was the worst taco I have ever had (it was not my first from taco bell, it was just icky) and I just decided after that I didn't need fast food.... I don't really enjoy it. Except for crunchwrap supremes. :love: wow.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I had Del Taco two days ago. A beef burrito, a taco and a fry. Yum yum.