How long has it been since you've had fast food?

Options
1141516171820»

Replies

• sealevels
    sealevels Posts: 123
    Options
    Two weeks ago. My mom came into town and just wanted something quick for lunch.
  • emilycarr71404
    emilycarr71404 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    3 weeks ago if Subway doesn't count.
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I was never a fast food junkie. Having said that, my last burger and fries at a&w was two days ago:)
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    June 24th after getting released from the ER from a concussion I went to KFC and had some fried chicken and a biscuit. I figured I deserved it after that. :-P
  • robertbmeyer01
    Options
    Been eating at Subway about once a week, but that's it.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I had some of the chicken tenders from Wienerschnitzel about two months ago. Those things are damn good for what they are. Might have to skip out on three months and head back there!
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Since I was about 14 or 15 years old ... Basically after I did a science project with a certain fast food chain's fries I pretty much stopped eatting it all ...

EDIT: BTW, I don't consider pizza to be fast food (well, Domino's or Sbarro, Papa John's, etc. I do) .. I mean not if it comes from a local "mom and pop" place ...
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    A couple hours ago. i enjoy fast food every once in a while and my stomach is like a rock, so normally i can handle it....but the burger king sandwich i ate earlier destroyed me :sick:
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Oh, wait! Does Pret A Manger or Saladworls count as "fast food"? Now I'm confused ... I took this to mean unhealthy/highly processed fast food ...
  • bareblade
    bareblade Posts: 4
    Options
    6 weeks and 1 day.... not that I am counting or anything. Strange thing is, after the first 2 weeks, I no longer even find the thought of Taco Hell or Booger Fling appetizing at all. We are trying to eat real food instead of processed fake stuff so maybe I am gaining better habits as well.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    The last time I can remember is about 8 months ago. I was crazy about breakfast sandwiches for a while. I don't have fast food super close to me so i have to drive 15 minutes in either direction to get some. Kind of takes the convinience factor out, you know?
  • Petegriff67
    Options
    I eat fast food probably once a week. I particularly like the Chicken Shish kebab or the Lamb Tikka Masala however, what I now do is monitor the size of food I am eating, so, with the kebab it would be a small one rather than a large one and I would get extra salad with it to fill me up.

As for the Indian Lamb Tikka Masala, I usually go for the accompaniments as well, including Naan Bread, Aloo Gobi and maybe a couple of Poppadoms but what I do is remove one-third of the portion, pop it in the fridge and eat it for lunch the next day.

I am really pleased with the weight that I am losing, so far it is 12kgs or 26½ pounds and I put it down to the following 3 reasons:
    1) Portion control - reduce the size of meals
    2) Eat small and often - your body can process the food better so does not store as much
    3) Regular exercise - this keeps the metabolism going so that your body continues to burn off the food you are eating.

I only have another 5 kgs (11lbs) to go and I am at my desired weight.

Considering that I have been overweight my entire life and I have always failed in trying to lose weight, I have found that the above 3 steps are the only way for me and the great bit is, I do not actually feel like I am dieting because I still eat all the things I enjoy, I just do not eat as much of it. MFP has provided me with the tools to monitor how much, so in the morning I don't free pour the cereal and milk into the bowl, I measure it and so on throughout the day.

Of course everyone is different but if you have not tried it this way, you should, you never know it could WORK FOR YOU!!!!

GOOD LUCK
  • MySweetPotato
    MySweetPotato Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    do french fries count? :-) 2 days ago i had some
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Despite not having fast food for about 5 years, I still developed T2D. I wish I knew it was my genetics & the carbs and not Ronald McDonald ruining my life.:ohwell: