How long has it been since you've had fast food?

Options

Replies

• resistance_freak
    Options
    I wish I could say it's been a long time, but the truth is I still eat fast food several times per week, and really haven't ever stopped. The difference is that I almost never get fries, or ice cream, or sodas anymore. I just eat less than I used to. Just like I do with 'slow' food :)
  • Skinnymunkii
    Skinnymunkii Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    About two hours ago.
  • 1HappyTurtleRunner
    1HappyTurtleRunner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I drive thru McDonalds and get a coffee every couple days. Other than that I am just a big pizza junkie!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Last Saturday - ate at BK and still came in within my calorie goal for the day.
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I've been jonesing for a Wendy's bacon cheeseburger with their barbecue sauce lately. But I haven't had fast food in a month? Maybe more. I'm trying to remember when I tried McD's egg white breakfast sandwich, but it wasn't very memorable!

In fairness, my husband hates fast food, so it's really only an option when I'm on my own . I can't decide if that's good or bad.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    salad from jack n the box. shouldnt even count.
  • shimmygirl411
    shimmygirl411 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Currently eating fast food......Jimmy John's to be exact. I'm always on the go, and I'm not good at planning ahead. So my dinners and many lunches often end up being fast food. But I'm usually good about making the wisest choices possible.

Jimmy John's #6 EZ or no mayo
    Burger King grilled chicken apple cranberry salad with light honey balsamic
    QuikTrip Santa Fe salad (no tortillia strips)
    McDonald's grilled chicken snack wraps

and a McDonald's Mac Snack Wrap when I'm feeling naughty
  • MrsDanner78
    MrsDanner78 Posts: 107
    Options
    Look at my food diary for yesterday and judge all you want. I had fast food for all three meals yesterday. NO, that is not normal, but there are times that I can't avoid it with 4 kids, a husband, full time job, and 800 activities... But I still managed to stay WAY under my calories yesterday... blew some of my other macros, but it was one day...

In general, I eat fast food about 5 days a week for at least 1 meal. However, I try really hard to make my FF choices healthier than most.

*edited because I can't spell...
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I occasionally get a veggie sandwich from Subway, but otherwise I haven't had fast food since... November? Wow, I guess that's right. It's doable!

I havnt had any in months! When I did have some I tried subway! I was so DISSAPOINTED! The mushrooms were rubbery and the veggies were salty and not so fresh...the meat was par at best..... i geuss my standards have risen since dieting lol.....but i USED to love me sum subway!

Everytime somebody mentions Subway, I remember about eighteen months ago when I asked for a cheese and salad baguette.

ONE square of cheese cut into two triangles and tons of lettuce made up this baguette. The cheese didn't even meet in the middle for crying out loud and when I asked for more cheese, their answer was "that will be another 40p" to which I pointed out the distinct lack of cheese in much of the baguette which was displaying copious amounts of lettuce.

But no, "take it or leave it" was their answer to which I replied I would leave it thanks very much

They didn't like that and said I couldn't do that, no word of a lie when I replied "watch me" and walked out.

I have not been back and will not be going back either, bloody take-on that they are!
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    If you count Max Brenner as fast food, yes, I seem to live on that stuff. But others? I had a cheese and steak subway a couple of weeks ago, but only cause I got a voucher. At some point I went to Pancake Parlour, but only cause of a uni event. And I very occasionally buy something from McDonald's haha
  • JRChadwick
    JRChadwick Posts: 52
    Options
    October 31, 2004. I had a small order of McDonald's french fries. I haven't eaten fast food since.
  • missuniquedesign
    missuniquedesign Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was like you had fast food almost daily...its been 45 days now...No McDonalds, Wendys, Taco Bell or Popeyes...Truth is I am not even missing it now. WOW

Taco Bell would be the only one I would be missing...:)
  • iarelarry
    iarelarry Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I live and die by the burger.
  • TheExorcistt
    Options
    It's been about an hour.
  • kalekalekale
    Options
    Probably around 2003 or 2004. So about 9 or 10 years.

Unless we are counting subway and chipotle, in which case I have it about once every couple of months. I'm vegan so when I'm taking a road trip and need to stop for food, they are easy to find of the side of the freeway and a sure bet they they will have something vegan. I don't really consider a veggi sandwich or rice and beans burrito to be fast food.

I'm not trying to boast, I'm just saying that it can be done. Once you change your habits and stop thinking of it as an option, it is really not hard.
  • elainemorris1982
    elainemorris1982 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    5 weeks ago :) no fizzy drinks also in 17 days
  • Hotdawgnothotdog
    Hotdawgnothotdog Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Man, I can't even remember, though it hasn't been too long, I just can't remember. And it's not by choice, I eat what I want, but you know, that money stuff, tends to get in the way.
  • nighthawke
    nighthawke Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    3 weeks!
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I had KFC last Wednesday and it was delicious.