Halloween Challenge - August 29 Saturday to October 31 Saturday

Options

Replies

• bluebutterfly6
    bluebutterfly6 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Today is going to be a great day! I received good news from the chiropractor! Also, on My way home from the chiropractor I found an elliptical and a treadmill on the side of the road for sale . I was able to get both of them for $90! They are in excellent shape and they are both heavy hydraulic systems. The treadmill simulates uphill and downhill. I'm feeling 75% better than I did when I started this diet less than a week ago! My pain has subsided greatly! I was taking three Vicodin's a day @750 mg and now I'm taking a half of a pill , twice a day. If somebody had told me a week ago that I would be feeling this way today, I would've told them that they were nuts. I hope everybody else gets the opportunity to experience what I'm feeling! Stay committed! Always!
  • John90712
    John90712 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Day 6 was good. I am drinking more water. I am also getting 10k steps a day. Keeping my body moving. We can do this challenge!!!
  • zarzawoman125
    zarzawoman125 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is my first post/challenge on MFP!
    I'll accept this challenge. I'm 5'7 Started Jan 1, 2015 on Nutrisystem at 260 lbs. Still have more to lose with an ultimate goal of 145
    Starting weight as of today:196.4
    Halloween goal: 180

Looking forward to the weigh-ins, accountability, motivation, and support. :)
  • cybyll52
    cybyll52 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    8/29/2015 134.6
    9/5/2015 133.2
  • NatalieVintagious
    Options
    Congratulations everybody who has lost! It's so lovely to read your messages. I am down 1.6 lbs from the start of this challenge although, I have been hopping on the scales too much. My weight has fluctuated a lot over this last week. Glad that today showed a loss. Keep going everyone xx
  • Samantha900
    Samantha900 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is it to late to join? This is my first group. This is a great idea!
    I'm 5'7 and 162 lbs. I would like to loss 5-10lbs by Halloween. Good luck to all!!,
  • ckhovey
    ckhovey Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    After 1 week, I'm down from 167 to 164 (I'm guessing some initial water weight loss). My goal is 155 by Halloween. I'm on track! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • angellak
    angellak Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm down 3 pounds my first week. Yay!!!

• justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats to all of you with fantastic first weeks!

My week was decent, I'm down 1.4 lbs from last week. :) First time I'm below 150 in a decade. And back into size 8 jeans! I'm about midway through to my ultimate goal, now, and I find my patience waning a bit, but that is why I love challenges like this, it helps a lot. Thank you all for posting, it keeps me motivated!

CW: 149.6
    HGW: 135
  • dontquitalmostthere
    Options
    I count today as a complete win. Even after a night I thought would completely derail me I've lost 4 pounds! I'm back on track and pushing through. Life is going to pass by regardless of one nights poor eating. Stay strong guys we got this in the bag. To all who joined this week .. It's never too late to join all are welcome. Happy Saturday. Here's to a healthy strong active life!
  • John90712
    John90712 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi all...down 1 pound. I went out last night. I feel like this challenge is an eye opener for me.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Ugh so frustrated. I weigh the same I did last Sunday. I just quit taking estradiol so maybe that has something to do with it. Down 2 pounds, 10 to go.
  • SherryLynn1960
    SherryLynn1960 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lost a pound this week! Just 9 more to go before Halloween!
  • MrsCaitlinBeltran
    MrsCaitlinBeltran Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Weigh in today was a bit frustrating--gained 2.4 pounds. Big fluctuation for me, but oh well! Today is a new day and I know I'll be back on track tomorrow. Have a great day everyone! :)
  • KateMonster924
    KateMonster924 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    2nd weigh in
    8/29 211.8
    9/5 208.8
    Loss of 3 pounds and 4.5 inches
    Goal weight for challenge 199
  • karenahrn2
    karenahrn2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Lost 1 pound this week.... I need to drink more water.
  • carolinagirl919
    carolinagirl919 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    2nd weigh in:

Last week: 206.6 lbs
    This week: 205 lbs

Difference: 1.6 lbs

• carolinagirl919
    carolinagirl919 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    John90712 wrote: »
    But is it bad that I'm already looking forward to dinner? LOL

Are you drinking water? Do need something to fill you up at breakfast to keep you full until lunch time?

Just realized you replied to me, sorry about that John. It wasn't that I wasn't drinking enough water, I was just looking forward to my meal on that day (homemade version of the Strawberry Poppyseed Salad from Panera Bread). It's my new favorite thing after the Apple Pecan Chicken Salad from Wendy's.

I love having fruit in my salads now. Helps get my veggies and fruits in at the same time.
  • chickiechickie
    chickiechickie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a crack! Starting weight is/was somewhere around 152. If I could be 145 by Halloween that would be great.
  • Aeryn24
    Aeryn24 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Week 1 check in! Glad to see a lot of people losing weight already.

Weight when I restarted this round of MFP tracking: 146.8 (Weighed the Wednesday before the challenge started).
    Weight last week (weighed 8/30): 145.4
    Weight this week: 144.4

Lost one pound so far for the challenge!
    Total weight loss so far this round: 2.4 pounds