Halloween Challenge - August 29 Saturday to October 31 Saturday

Options

Replies

• melissaschneider5817
    Options
    Well I'm a week late. Just found this challenge today.
    Height 5'8"
    Starting weight 236 (I think, scale is broken)
    Would like to be in 210's by Halloween or the pants hanging on the mirror laughing at me
    Final goal 155-160

I completed a 5K this morning. Not my first but it sure felt like it. I haven't been doing anything in almost 2 months. My fitness goal is to finish a 5K in 35 minutes or less. I've been running for almost 4 years and my best time is 44:27 two years ago.
  • lpear19
    lpear19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late finding the challange, is it too late to join?
  • bluebutterfly6
    bluebutterfly6 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I've lost 22.6 lbs this past week! I started last Saturday! I've been adding walking on a treadmill at the gym for exercise the last couple of days. My husband and I just purchased a treadmill so I plan on using it everyday! I know the honeymoon stage of the diet is just about over. The weight loss is going to slow down in a major way. I hope I am as prepared as I can be. My goal for next week is going to be.. walking everyday at least two miles and not getting discourage as the loss slowes down. Hope all is going well for everyone! Remember don't give up! We got this!
  • glorianamiles
    glorianamiles Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    8/29 153
    9/5 151.4
  • deescrafty
    deescrafty Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    This was a good week for me.
    Aug. 28th--235
    Sept. 5---232.5
    Hoping for 220 by Halloween. Walking 30-40 min. most days and using my recumbent bike on days I don't walk or for additional exercise in the eve. Best of luck to everyone for the coming week!

• lucylou1977
    lucylou1977 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm a bit late in joining the challenge (was away on holiday last week) but I hope that doesn't matter. I did the August challenge last month and that really helped me stay on track.

Here are my stats:
    Height: 5 ft 4
    Current weight (September 6th): 150.25 lbs
    Goal by September 30th: 147 lbs
    Goal by October 31st: 143 lbs
    Final goal: 136 lbs

I'm aiming to get back down to my pre-baby weight (bearing in mind baby is 9 months old!) by the end of this challenge. I've lost 9 lbs since July 28th (and 35 lbs since I was my biggest at 9 months pregnant) and am feeling super-motivated!
  • abc63
    abc63 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Glad so many of you are doing well- I on the other hand didn't do so great last week. I did stay under calories most days, but only lost 0.5 lb - I think part of the problem is that the quality of the calories was very poor.... AND no exercise!!! I was so excited to join this challenge and thought the first week would be a breeze- just drink more water....failed at that too!!! Ok enough of the pity party - I've got to get on track
  • noh16
    noh16 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone! I gained 1lb but thats down from the 3 that I gained during the week after having a bit of a mad weekend last week. Going to do some cycling this week as I was very lax last week.
  • Anabbee
    Anabbee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    29/8 210 lbs
    5/9 205 lbs

Very happy, feeling on track!
  • aprilmayyyrocks
    Options
    Ashtoretet wrote: »
    Ugh so frustrated. I weigh the same I did last Sunday. I just quit taking estradiol so maybe that has something to do with it. Down 2 pounds, 10 to go.

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I didn't do so well this week, I have a problem with late night eating :( but my weight has at least stayed the same. Oh well..today is a new day!
  • John90712
    John90712 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    John90712 wrote: »
    But is it bad that I'm already looking forward to dinner? LOL

Are you drinking water? Do need something to fill you up at breakfast to keep you full until lunch time?

Just realized you replied to me, sorry about that John. It wasn't that I wasn't drinking enough water, I was just looking forward to my meal on that day (homemade version of the Strawberry Poppyseed Salad from Panera Bread). It's my new favorite thing after the Apple Pecan Chicken Salad from Wendy's.

I love having fruit in my salads now. Helps get my veggies and fruits in at the same time.

Mmmmm....I like the salad at Wendy's. Just have to go light on the dressing.
  • jmw6019
    jmw6019 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yay week 1! Down 4.6 lbs. I feel so much better

Want to lose 10.4 more by Halloween
  • kaylada89
    kaylada89 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? X
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I started on August 28th (the day I signed up for this challenge) at 162.5. As of this morning I was 158.5 so I'm very happy with that loss so far. I've been able to do 10,000 steps every day and have not given in to my Mountain Dew urge (haha). I'm eating within my daily allowances and hope to see another pound gone by the end of this week.

Great work everyone!
  • John90712
    Options
    AquaFan wrote: »
    I started on August 28th (the day I signed up for this challenge) at 162.5. As of this morning I was 158.5 so I'm very happy with that loss so far. I've been able to do 10,000 steps every day.

Whooo hoooo. Keep up the good work.
  • John90712
    Options
    The heat is killing me in S. California. But I did walk and jogged over 20,000 steps yesterday, for my new record for a day. I am very excited about this as I normally just do about 8,000 steps a day.
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    John90712 wrote: »
    The heat is killing me in S. California. But I did walk and jogged over 20,000 steps yesterday, for my new record for a day. I am very excited about this as I normally just do about 8,000 steps a day.

Holy cow!!! 20,000 is awesome. I'm happy when I get 10,000 and over the moon if I get 15,000.

• John90712
    Options
    I was a bit stressed so I decided to walk it out.
  • lucylou1977
    lucylou1977 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow, 20,000 steps is amazing! I got my fitbit a couple of weeks ago and my best so far is 15,000.

Good week here - lost 1.5 lbs since last Sunday so am now down to 148.75 lbs. Planning to have a bit of a cheat day today (but not go overboard) so fingers crossed I can get right back on it tomorrow - I'm planning a run in the morning.