JoshLibby wrote: »
    jmule24 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    400g + protein over here, comeatmebros

open your diary

<probably not happening but I'm asking anyway>

Go ahead...

Why are you giving 'naturals' un-useful information when it comes to protein consumption? You've made it very clear that you're using anabolics.

So because im on steroids i cant give advice? Thats what u getting at? My knowledge as come from experimenting with different dieting teqniques to see whats best for my body, you on the other hand, your knowledge is from researching off the net.

Your 'bro-science' is irrelevant to NATURALS! What don't you understand?

Please explain to me how your body processes extra protein in the body, I'd love to hear your understanding of it. I honestly would.

Secondly; yes, my information is scientific, and personal experience based. What "credentials" do I need to have since I choose not to be on gear?

Go give your advice to others on the gear and have fun with it. I could careless what you choose to put into your body, but I do care about people on gear giving irrelevant information to those who are natural.

I am curious on how taking a steroid effects protein intake. That's a new one.

Anabolics increase the rate of protein synthesis.......

Oh really? How much? My understanding of why a steroid work is because it allows you the body to create more growth hormone and because enters the blood stream faster it allows for easier muscle repair. I never knew it allows one to eat more protein.

You may want to research anabolic steroids a bit more, maybe get some pointers from 'harry.'

Please enlighten me, since I am wrong?
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options

open your diary

Go ahead...

Why are you giving 'naturals' un-useful information when it comes to protein consumption? You've made it very clear that you're using anabolics.

So because im on steroids i cant give advice? Thats what u getting at? My knowledge as come from experimenting with different dieting teqniques to see whats best for my body, you on the other hand, your knowledge is from researching off the net.

Please explain to me how your body processes extra protein in the body, I'd love to hear your understanding of it. I honestly would.

Secondly; yes, my information is scientific, and personal experience based. What "credentials" do I need to have since I choose not to be on gear?

Go give your advice to others on the gear and have fun with it. I could careless what you choose to put into your body, but I do care about people on gear giving irrelevant information to those who are natural.

Oh really? How much? My understanding of why a steroid work is because it allows you the body to create more growth hormone and because enters the blood stream faster it allows for easier muscle repair. I never knew it allows one to eat more protein.

You may want to research anabolic steroids a bit more, maybe get some pointers from 'harry.'

Nope, I don't teach for free. Sorry. It appears you don't like science anyways, so you probably wouldn't like what I have to share.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Voila...
    Steroid hormones work by stimulation of receptor molecules in muscle cells, which activate specific genes to produce proteins (see Figure 1). They also affect the activation rate of enzyme systems involved in protein metabolism, thus enhancing protein synthesis and inhibiting protein degradation (called an anti-catabolic effect).
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options

idk, i shoot for around 190g of protein a day and i weight 195-200. 400g is quite a bit to me.

but he's certainly not on gear.
  • jmule24
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Voila...
    Steroid hormones work by stimulation of receptor molecules in muscle cells, which activate specific genes to produce proteins (see Figure 1). They also affect the activation rate of enzyme systems involved in protein metabolism, thus enhancing protein synthesis and inhibiting protein degradation (called an anti-catabolic effect).

Don't feed the trolls....... :trollface:
  • harryfrankham1
    harryfrankham1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Obvious troll account. A "21" year old who has 45 year old looking skin. Obviously not him. Don't feed the trolls.

Explain how you come up with me having 45 year old skin.. Jealous remarks
  • jmule24
    Options
    Obvious troll account. A "21" year old who has 45 year old looking skin. Obviously not him. Don't feed the trolls.

You said you were taking your ball and going home........see you later.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,398 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Thanks for that @sixxpoint
    Ok another question then if it's not too much
    Where am I going to get the extra fats from ?
    Healthy fats I mean ? I'm allergic to nuts so that's out ?
    Advocado is also a great way to add fats. Also, fatty cuts of meat.
  • harryfrankham1
    Options

I stated " im done with this conversation " as you can see there is several topics floating about - several topics - different conversations.
  • jmule24
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Thanks for that @sixxpoint
    Ok another question then if it's not too much
    Where am I going to get the extra fats from ?
    Healthy fats I mean ? I'm allergic to nuts so that's out ?
    Advocado is also a great way to add fats. Also, fatty cuts of meat.

You mean bacon!!!!!!!! mmmmmmmmmmm
  • jmule24
    Options

I stated " im done with this conversation " as you can see there is several topics floating about - several topics - different conversations.

Please answer my previous question about protein synthesis then.
  • JoshLibby
    JoshLibby Posts: 214 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Voila...

Thanks. I already read knew all this, but it still doesn't say anywhere or recommend in any steroid forum where you would should increase protein.

All this really states is it enhances the process by activating enzymes involved in protein metabolism, doesn't necessarily mean more protein would or wouldn't be better. I guess that is just assumed, but there are plenty of people who are in natural body building still with huge amounts of protein as well.
    So, like I stated before it really depends on calories or individual , but anywhere you search protein is the number 1 thing mention in cutting and bulking. We can keep going over this if you want but this thread is derailed enough.
  • harryfrankham1
    Options

Please answer my previous question about protein synthesis then.
    Since when did i debate this with you?
  • tziol
    tziol Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    2g per kg is enough to build muscles. You may damage your health by consuming 360g a day. Also remember that your body will not even absorb exactly all of the proteins you consumed a day, many people don't even realise it. Dont be paranoid by some f*** calculators, just eat 2 - 2.2g of protein per kg, 4-5g per kg of carbs and 1.5g per fat and always go for more healthy food
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Not jealous in the slightest. You obviously have way different goals than I do. As for your skin, it just looks old and unhealthy. . The tattoo on your chest looks like it's about 20 years old. Just don't think that's a 21 year old. If it is, I'm wrong and that's fine, but damn...
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    News flash steroids now allow you to eat more protein. "sarcasm"

open your diary

Go ahead...

For how much your going on about me being on the gear is just showing a hint of jealousy.. Srsly mate. My protein intake is going from expierance, not from taking advice from others, who knows your body better than yourself? This is what you need to understand, you cant state to me my protein intake, my carb intake, my fat intake, you dont know how my body works, get gone
    You are not a special snowflake, you don't require that much protein.

Now im getting mocked from someone who looks like they weigh 170lbs, im done with this conversation
    Since you've contributed nothing to this conversation I would say it's safe to say you never got started. But please, be done by all means.
  • harryfrankham1
    Options

Not jealous in the slightest. You obviously have way different goals than I do. As for your skin, it just looks old and unhealthy. . The tattoo on your chest looks like it's about 20 years old. Just don't think that's a 21 year old. If it is, I'm wrong and that's fine, but damn...

How deluded are you... Ive had my chest tat around 3 years, the colour will slightly fade once its healed which will be what say 2-3 weeks? 20 years..... Your stating im not 21 because " of my skin" is that really the reason? Nice back symmetry btw

open your diary

Go ahead...

For how much your going on about me being on the gear is just showing a hint of jealousy.. Srsly mate. My protein intake is going from expierance, not from taking advice from others, who knows your body better than yourself? This is what you need to understand, you cant state to me my protein intake, my carb intake, my fat intake, you dont know how my body works, get gone

Now im getting mocked from someone who looks like they weigh 170lbs, im done with this conversation
    Since you've contributed nothing to this conversation I would say it's safe to say you never got started. But please, be done by all means.

Go eat some food bro
  • jmule24
    Options

How deluded are you... Ive had my chest tat around 3 years, the colour will slightly fade once its healed which will be what say 2-3 weeks? 20 years..... Your stating im not 21 because " of my skin" is that really the reason? Nice back symmetry btw

open your diary

Go ahead...

Go eat some food bro

After reviewing your posts; it's clear you've added your 'personal experience' as a steroid user on how much protein works for you. Great.

Majority in here aren't on gear and also like this thing called science based evidence to support your recommendations.

No science isn't always 100% end all, however, it's absolutely trumps an n=1 argument any day.

It's my opinion that you'd be better suited for a forum in which they have 'hear' talk.

You won't find that here.......
  • jmule24
    Options

open your diary

Go ahead...

So after having time to review yourself, whats your understanding of how protein synthesis is affected while taking anabolic steroids?

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    oh wow- well this got fun.

I also would like to point out apparently I'm horribly under qualified to give advice because I only weigh 160 pounds.

well *kitten*.