When you don't want to cook......what do you have to eat?

Options
1235»

Replies

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    sandwich meat and cheese roll up
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Would be interested to see the various responses.

I make a nice salad!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I eat out (no fast food). No cooking, no cleaning, no worries.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Can of tuna and Greek yogurt. Or pizza :smiley:

But most things I cook aren't some 3 hour event, normally about as difficult as 2 minute noodles.

If I am hungry and can't boil water, pour lentils in and stir every now and then for 10 mins there is seriously something wrong with me.
  • klm62505
    klm62505 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hummus, onion dip made with fat free greek yogurt, raw veggies or, if I'm lucky, I have roasted veggies in the fridge that just need a small warm up in the microwave!
  • LisaTx972
    LisaTx972 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    Aldi caesar salad kit - $1.99 a bag and it is soooooooo good. (I like to throw some seared shrimp on top, but that requires some minimal cooking.)

How many calories is your minimal cooking meal?
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I sometimes find that I wind up doing more than I thought I would once I get started, because my fast alternative is too depressing, and because I hate wasting food.

I was going to dump jarred tomato sauce over some spaghetti tonight, but remembered I had some leftover smoked salmon. Which brought to mind some shrimp I had in the freezer. And I realized that that would just be way better with plain butter & garlic than it would with my gross emergency tomato sauce. So I reached for those in the fridge, where I saw some spinach and cherry tomatoes, so those went in, along with a couple of spoonfuls of Greek yogurt at the end (for protein & bc why not, it's kind of like a white sauce), and it was much better than my first plan would have been.

That assumes I have some marginal reserve of energy, though - when I'm totally beat, it's def sandwiches, or yeah, takeout.
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Lettuce wraps, or tomatoes and tuna,
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    We go out. I most likely get a good burger.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Ensure. Ultimate easy food.