Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter, I don't take drugs.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    What's the yippee for? Do you feel justified to smoke pot because it might lower your risk for the 'beetus and obesity?
  • foodiscomplicated
    foodiscomplicated Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    What's the yippee for? Do you feel justified to smoke pot because it might lower your risk for the 'beetus and obesity?
    Yes

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Yay! A judgement thread on MFP!

I'll play along. Does anybody justify their drinking because of the reported health benefits?
  • 3stepsahead
    3stepsahead Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    doge_like_smoke_weed_everyday_by_justine_linfeh-d8x7gqa.png
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    BigGuy47 wrote: »

I'll play along. Does anybody justify their drinking because of the reported health benefits?

They say a glass of wine with dinner is healthy for your heart.

I just save up all of my glasses and drink a bottle on the weekends. Totally the same thing.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    BigGuy47 wrote: »

Absolutely! I'm all about heart health. <3
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    They say a glass of wine with dinner is healthy for your heart. I just save up all of my glasses and drink a bottle on the weekends. Totally the same thing.

Love it, LOL. I get a kick out of health questionnaires when they get to the drinking question. "Why yes, I drink one or two...[pause. Interviewer raises their pencil in anticipation] glasses a year." [Interviewer lowers pencil with a sigh].
  • Achaila
    Achaila Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'll justify smoking marijuana because it helps me sleep, eases my anxiety, helps with my depression, helps me eat, it eased my junkie shakes when I was getting clean from heroin - and wouldn't you know it- my doctors all say it's fine! Because marijuana CANT KILL YOU! Except they say it's better to eat it than smoke it, but I don't have time to do the intricate things cooking with weed requires to make it not taste bad.

It's not a drug btw. It's a plant.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Achaila wrote: »
    I'll justify smoking marijuana because it helps me sleep, eases my anxiety, helps with my depression, helps me eat, it eased my junkie shakes when I was getting clean from heroin - and wouldn't you know it- my doctors all say it's fine! Because marijuana CANT KILL YOU! Except they say it's better to eat it than smoke it, but I don't have time to do the intricate things cooking with weed requires to make it not taste bad.

I believe that's what they call a false dichotomy.

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

Opium is also a plant...
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

Opium is also a plant...

No, it's not. It's derived from a plant.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    I wish they'd legalize the stuff where I live. I was thin back when I used to smoke it regularly.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Old news, correlative study. Now this article is misrepresenting the correlation as metabolic causation. It could be as simple as there is a contigent of people that smoke marijuana, get ultimate frisbee exercise, and consume a lot of other green things too, rather than 'da potz iz da wunder drugz that fixes teh beetus."
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    Old news, correlative study. Now this article is misrepresenting the correlation as metabolic causation. It could be as simple as there is a contigent of people that smoke marijuana, get ultimate frisbee exercise, and consume a lot of other green things too, rather than 'da potz iz da wunder drugz that fixes teh beetus."

Please stop. I can't get my score if you're being all logical.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options

I was also thinking that most older people are not smoking as much as younger people, and with age we sometimes have that middle-age spread or weight gain from pregnancy, etc.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

Perhaps. Or it could actually be "da wunder drugz" as you kids put it.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I wish they'd legalize the stuff where I live. I was thin back when I used to smoke it regularly.
    I was thin back in my 20s, too.

• Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    I was thin back in my 20s, too.

It was great right? Didn't even work for it, just was. I was also thin when I had kids at home, but I think I'd rather go back to smoking weed. :p
This discussion has been closed.