1500 calories- did you lose eating this many?

Options

Replies

• adicontreras77
    adicontreras77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am 193lbs 5'4 and I need to be on a 1900 is that right...that's a lot.
  • thebobogrind
    thebobogrind Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @adicontreras77 I suggest you start your own thread with that question so that the more experienced people or ones that have your similar measurements can answer your question :) People on here are very informative!
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Just don't go below your bmr coz that will damage your metabolism...

Whatsthisnow?

• MalteNilsson
    MalteNilsson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    6'3 Scandinavian dude. I've been doing a 1500-1600 kcal / day diet for the last 3 weeks. 235 lbs currently (106kg) and I started out at 245 lbs (111kg). Except for some minor every-day hunger and fatigue I feel completely fine. My diet consists of mostly stir fried vegetables with a drizzle of hoi-sin or teriyaki sauce. You can eat so damn much without almost ANY calories! 100 grams is around 50 kcal, but of course I make sure to keep track of my proteins so that I don't fall below maintenance. :smile:
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    Hello all,
    Today was my 4th week weigh-in and I have lost a total of 4.5lbs... Not the 6lb I should have lost... But it's ok no?

I ate way over my 1570 calories set by MFP to lose 1.5lbs, so I'm thinking of increasing my calories to 1650 for this 2nd month and see what happens.

I read everyone's posts and it seems like a few people suggest I could eat over 1570 to lose a good amount of weight. (Ate exercise calories back, but maybe I'll only eat 50% of them since I am going by what MFP gives me for calories burned)

So I increased my calories to 1650 and I'll see how it goes with that. Has anyone lost eating around 1700?

Thanks again!
    M.E.
    i have done that too.. but i lose weight very slowly eating 1700 with only a deficit of 80 on non workout days and on workout days 200 deficit of 1160 per week about 1.2 or 1.3 lbs permonth moving like a snail lol
    iam much lighter than you also and my tee is 1780-1925 so very slow..
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Yes. MFP has me on about 1500 calories/day & I've lost about 30 pounds since August 19, 2015 (when I started MFP after a 39 pound gain) with little exercise. I try to exercise more (i.e. walking) but only seem to manage it 2 times/week but hoping to increase that a bit in the near future.

Keeping my carbs at 30-40% of total calories has helped to keep my carb-cravings under control & my blood sugars reasonable (I'm diabetic--insulin dependent).

Note: I'm male, 56 years old, 253 pounds (started MFP at 283), 5' 3" tall & sedentary lifestyle (throughout the day).
  • Allison1385
    Allison1385 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    About 35 lbs since March 2015 :)
  • CherryFOJO
    CherryFOJO Posts: 13 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    My starting weight was 177.8 lbs. MFP has me set at 1480 calories. I weighed myself this morning, 169.4 lbs. I've lost 8 lbs in 4 weeks. Go to the gym when I can, but its never been more than 2 times a week so far. And haven't been this week, but will start going again next week. Good luck (:

Height: 5'5"
  • thebobogrind
    Options
    Yay!!! My 5th weigh-in and lost another 2.3lbs, for a total of 7.5lbs so far! Thanks so much for all your encouragement!
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Blackdawn_70631 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Mine has 1,710 total, and I still have about 400 calories left. This is me planning my meals. And with a good juggle, I lowered my cholesterol number down but it's still about 30 or so over. Everything else is still good.
    So, if you stayed under your calorie goal, but your fat, carbs and cholesterol were over the charts, you wouldn't lose weight at a steady pace or at all.
    Exercising helps to burn off more calories to enjoy that nummy dinner for tonight to.
    Had a protein shake this morn with grapes, had two slices of pizza for lunch and was still under my calories and graph. Exercise got me 600 calories to spare and now I'm enjoying a bbq dinner while mostly staying under my calorie goal and under my graph.
    I have been noticing though I have not gained and lost a pound or two in a few days since doing this.
  • scookbey
    scookbey Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on 1500/1490 and I am losing weight...I am taking my time because some days i want to eat more but 1500 works very well for me and I am on a 1.5lb/week loss according to MFP. If you want to start at 1300/1350 that's OK too.
  • PowerKickChic
    PowerKickChic Posts: 108 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I am a true believer is 1200 calories a day is ridiculous! I don't how anyone would ever feel satisfied.
    This is how you crunch the numbers and figure out how many cals you should have a day.

Go to this website and find out what your total daily energy expenditure is
    http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

Say, your tdee is 2500 a day. Those are the calories you need to maintain your weight.

Keep in mind that 1 pound of fat is 3500 calories. So that means if you want to lose 2lbs a week you need -7000 calories.

If you were 2500 calories a day you are allotted 17,500 cals a week

Minus the 7000, that means there are 10,500 calories left over 7 days = 1428 calories per day

The more you exercise, the more weight you lose on top of that. If that calculation turns out to be 1200 calories or under, its time to get in the gym and eat a few hundred back but not exceeding like 1700 calories.

I hope that helps
    :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I only logged for a few weeks but that was about what I average (I don't eat the same every day). 1500-1600. I am 51 yo, female, needed to lose about 30 lbs.
  • SuzLink
    SuzLink Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7, SW=210, CW=151

When I first started MFP said I should start at 1810, then after I lost x amount of lbs it went down to 1610, then to 1500, then it jumped all the way to 1200. I lost weight all the way along, but until it said to only have 1200, I never ate any of my exercise calories back, but when it was 1200 I did eat some back as it was so low. Now I'm trying to maintain it I have increased it to 1500 again, as apparently my TDEE is about 1750
  • Daisies4Days
    Daisies4Days Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm 46, and am on just a tick under 1500 cal/d to lose 1.5lbs/wk. So far after 15 days I've lost 7lbs, but 4lbs I'm counting as water weight.... Still, it's working. I think 1200 is too low (at least for me). I'm only working out 2-3 days a week to start for 30-40min. Will add a day every two weeks until I'm at 5-6d/wk. I think it's important to develop the habit of logging in, use a scale and be honest with yourself about everything you eat (and drink). Even if you blow it one day, get right back to it the next day. Don't starve yourself! I also drink water (lots) and try to eat as much nutrient dense food as possible. I find I don't feel as deprived. There are many people here with great ideas and a positive attitude, which helps tremendously. Just remember to focus on your goal.
  • Devarshee
    Devarshee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes you do! I couldn't follow the 1200 calorie diet....It was stressing me out. I would eat well until 5PM then binge like no other so shifted to this 1500 calorie diet and it works for me.
  • sabrinarsweet
    sabrinarsweet Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I lost 46 lbs
  • thebobogrind
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for their posts- quick question- in addition to eating around 1500 calories, did you all change your macros (less carbs more fat) or did you literally just count calories? I'm wondering how many carbs (what percentage) of my food should be allowed to carbs, fat, protein etc. 40-30-30 or?.... Any tips?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for their posts- quick question- in addition to eating around 1500 calories, did you all change your macros (less carbs more fat) or did you literally just count calories? I'm wondering how many carbs (what percentage) of my food should be allowed to carbs, fat, protein etc. 40-30-30 or?.... Any tips?

Macro breakdown is really a matter of personal preference unless you have a reason to restrict one (carbs for example). Mine are set to 40-30-30, but really, I have a rough number for protein in mind that I'm aiming for (~100g). I don't use supplements and don't usually eat protein bars so a lot of times I don't come very close to it, but usually if I get 80g I feel pretty good.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7". I started out at 263lbs, and was eating 1800 calories. After I'd lost about 75lbs, I lowered it to between 1600-1700. I'm at 86.6lbs down and counting.
    I don't pay as much attention to my macros, though I do try to get in as much protein as possible, and usually end up at around 100g per day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!