1500 calories- did you lose eating this many?

Options
12346»

Replies

• mebedwell1
    mebedwell1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I eat 1500 calories a day. I started at 500 lbs in 2010 and I am now 286 lbs. I do work out for 2 hours four days a week. I start with a 7 min. cardio warm-up and then I hit the weights. After that I do 30 mins. on the bike at 11 mph. After that I do pool cardio, steam room, and sauna. I just this week hit a point where I did not lose or gain any weight. I am going to go get my numbers re-evaluated.
  • amynb524
    amynb524 Posts: 73 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Yeah - you totally can!
    I started at 253 in January and started at over 2000cal/day to lose 2lbs a week. My calorie goal lowered as I lost the weight. I am now at 171 and on 1490cal/day and still losing.

1200 is too low, in my opinion. I wouldn't be able to do it!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    dongraysa wrote: »
    I too started this week on 1500 call -I'm 67 and weigh 94kgs. Need to get to 80kgs -walking now 10000 steps per day at least. Measure this with Accupedo (pedometer app) found on play store or I store. It integrates with MFP and automatically downloads info to the daily MFPAPP. Must do exercilse though. Just eat the RIGHT foods -DON'T do sugar!!! and measure carbs carefully.

Excersize is for health and you can lose weight without it.
    If you set yourself on MFP to lose 1lbs per week and not 2 and it gives you a 1500 calorie number, you can trust that you will lose the weight eating that amount.

All foods are the right foods, there is no special list, just make sure you weigh everything you eat on a digital food scale. Quality of food only matters if it matters to you, if you want the protein or fats or fiber, Etc, but as far as weight loss, you can eat 1500 calories worth of cake and you will still lose, sugar is not the bad guy in anything, neither are carbs, unless you have diabetes/other health condition, then that would be for you and your management team to decide how many is right for you.

shwz5ajuxei3.png

Well said.

• mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 70lbs eating over 1500 (but not eating back exercise calories). I think 1500 was actually too low for me to start at, and I've bumped it up to about 1650 average over the week. I'm 5'3.5", started at 212lbs, and am now around 140lbs. I'm not that active in my work and only deliberately exercise about 30 minutes 4 or 5 days per week (strength training).
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 5 foot 5 (166cm) and starting weight was just under 84kg. I have been easily losing over 1 pound per week, and I've been eating about 1500 calories a day. There's no way I can live off 1200 calories and not be miserable, so I chose a more achievable date of weight loss.
  • LynneHolloman
    LynneHolloman Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The best calorie calculator is this : http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

When you lose 5 lbs, you must recalculate your calories you need to eat.

I am only 5'1 but I eat 1352 calories a day to lose weight, it's above the 1200 calories that mfp suggested and I feel satisfied!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!