unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    01/09 - 4.52 km
    02/09 - 3.04 km - A nice evening run
    03/09 - 4.56 km - Lunchtime run but without my run buddy :-(
    04/09 - Rest
    05/09 - Rest
    06/09 - 6.07 km - Lovely evening run
    07/09 - 2.04 km - Quick blast on the treadmill to finish my strength training session
    08/09 - 4.56 km - My run buddy pushed me hard today but I did get a new PB having cut off over a minute since last week :smile:
    09/09 - Rest day for me today

exercise.png

• patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    01/9 12 miles
    02/9 12 miles
    03/9 10k
    04/9 12 miles
    05/9 10k
    06/9 34.1k
    07/9 10k
    08/9 20k
    09/9 20k

164km/400

feeling really well, another 20k pretty fast (for me of course, I'm not very fast) and in good spirit

couldn't go to my favourite wood but it was the best decision, too dark now

considering to move permanently my weekly standard runs from 12 miles to 20km

wish every run was like today!
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @ACSL3 - Polar makes a whole line of watches that connect to a HRM (I am sure other brands do as well) but typically devices only have one Bluetooth connection. So if I wear a Polar Loop for example and it connects to my HRM via Bluetooth, during that time it cannot connect to the app on my phone. In this case though it will synch to the app after I disconnect from the HRM. I can also connect another (older) Polar watch, digitally to the HRM, but only one via Bluetooth.

I didn't think about it not being able to connect to more than one thing at once. I'm not the most tech savvy person, ;) I tend to think things just work magically :o

9/07 - 2 miles in heat and humidity
    9/09 - got 2 miles in. Positive note, it was cooler; negative note, it was cooler because it was raining :) I don't mind the rain much, but it wasn't my best run.

exercise.png
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Last of my local summer 5k races today. Lovely run along the beach into the sunset. I finished in 28:22 and knocked 8 seconds of my PB! I was super pleased with myself :)
    Great time! Congratulations!

Nicci93 wrote: »
    Well ran my half marathon on Sunday, and Runkeeper actually said the distance was longer than a half... Since it was the Disneyland Half and I was bouncing between characters for pictures, I'm trusting the extra half mile it recorded :)

Congratulations! Stan (I think it was him) once posted something about how not handling the turns can add a lot of distance to a race. This was about a year ago I think, because I remember right after my first 5K last September my App said I went a lot further. I always focus on the turns now and I get pretty close. Of course, you were out for pictures at Disneyland so a little more distance doesn't matter.

9/1 - 5.25 miles
    9/2 - 3.55 miles
    9/3 - strength training + cycling class
    9/4 - rest
    9/5 - 34 mile bike ride
    9/6 - 12.82 mile run.
    9/7 - 36 mile bike ride - Labor Day Chat and Ride (although not much chatting for me to keep up!)
    9/8 - rest (trainer cancelled so it was an unplanned rest day).
    9/9 - 5.06 miles + strength training

exercise.png

4:30am run was awesome this morning. Wasn't too humid, well didn't feel it, although weather app says it was 97%. Okay, I finally am seeing that after a rest day I do much better. I've read it so many times... rest days will help you ... but now I am finally believing it.

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    9/1: Rest
    9/2: 7 miles
    9/3: 8 miles am and 6 miles pm with the Thursday crew
    9/4: 6 miles
    9/5: Rest
    9/6: Brunch and walking around museums > running 6 miles in a new town
    9/7: 18 miles
    9/8: Rest -- usually would cross-train but it was too hot to bear leaving my apartment again after I got home
    9/9: 10 miles -- hot and humid! But some storms are meant to roll through tonight and tomorrow and then no more 90+ degree days!

55/200

exercise.png
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    9/1 rest day -- elliptical
    9/2 4.2 miles -- wasn't that easy for some reason, but done!
    9/3 rest day -- elliptical
    9/4 3.17 miles -- that was probably the most difficult run since I've started seven weeks ago. The humidity was so defeating and soul crushing!
    9/5 rest day--too hot/humid, elliptical
    9/6 rest day--too hot/humid, elliptical
    9/7 3.32--running again!
    9/8 rest day -- no workout
    9/9 3.52

14.21/50

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for September

9/1 10.5 miles - 10.5
    9/2 6.6 miles - 17.1
    9/3 9.5 miles - 26.6
    9/4 6.85 miles - 33.45
    9/5 20 miles - 53.45
    9/6 REST DAY
    9/7 10.4 miles - 63.95
    9/8 10.25 miles - 74.2
    9/9 7 miles - 81.2

exercise.png

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Well, I tried to get my 2 hour mid week long run in this morning, but when that alarm when off at 3:15 I said, "screw that". So I'll be trying to fit that in later. On the upside, while it is still in the 80's, it is cooler today than recent weeks, and supposed to stay this way (and maybe cool off even more!).
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    So many of you are amazing runners. It's great to hang out here with you and see your accomplishments. I might never be as serious a runner as many of you are, but hey, I might at least share the joy :)@kristinegift @shanaber @Stoshew71 @7lenny7 @skippygirlsmom just to name a few!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    9/1 - 3.5 miles - way too many pushes on the snooze this morning! :smiley:
    9/2 - rest day walked the doggie instead
    9/3 - 5.1 miles
    9/4 - 10 miles last 2 were HOT HUMID and MISERABLE LOL
    9/5 - rest day - cross country meet - Skip did great 24th in her division 23:37 no where near a PR but it was so hot and humid you could hardly stand to be out there to watch let alone run. Proud of my girl.
    9/6 - 5.1 miles
    9/7 - 5.2 miles of trail running - OMG we had so much fun!!! Skip wanted to practice trail running for her meets and folks gave me some great recommendations of trails to run. We went out this morning and had a blast. The first trail was marked as easy/difficult so it was some easy packed dirt and some gravel with harder roots and rocks to climb. The second was difficult and some parts were about 2' wide and quite a climb (for me LOL). We loved it!
    9/8 - 5.1 miles
    9/9 - 5.5 miles

39.5 of 120 miles

exercise.png

• karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    9/1 - rest day
    9/2 - 5.2 miles treadmill "hill" workout with HM training group
    9/3 - 4.5 miles around the 'hood...heat and humidity is back 74° and sticky at 5:30 a.m.
    9/4 - 4 miles in the humidity...pretty good pace today
    9/5 - 8.2 mi with HM training group...tough, ended with a 1/2 mile hill...twice.
    9/6 - unplanned rest day
    9/7 - 5.76 miles of intervals with HM group
    9/8 - 4 miles in drippy, sprinkly and still humid weather...where is fall?
    9/9 - 4.5 miles, super comfortable. 64° and lower humidity...yay! Now, if I can make better food choices today, I'll be in great shape. If you want to see something scary, look at what I ate Friday through Tuesday. Holiday / birthday weekend was ALL cheat.
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    Nicci93 wrote: »
    Well ran my half marathon on Sunday, and Runkeeper actually said the distance was longer than a half... Since it was the Disneyland Half and I was bouncing between characters for pictures, I'm trusting the extra half mile it recorded :)

You may be interested in reading some of this... Congrats on running your half.

How certified courses are measured and running the tangents

http://www.clevelandmarathon.com/resources/userUploads/CertifiedCoursevsGPSAccuracy.SRV_1338321859.pdf

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2009/03/racing-line-understanding-how-courses.html

http://www.runninginjuryfree.org/2008/10/run-tangents.html

http://sciencebasedrunning.com/2014/12/the-basics-running-tangents/

• skippygirlsmom
    Options
    @snha you are so sweet, I love to run, not sure how serious I am but I love it. Half the time when everyone starts talking about strategy, mileage, heart rates, tempo runs, etc etc I have no clue what they are talking about LOL I was a very casual runner (like 30 miles a month) until @stoshew71 and I became friends, he pushed me to do my first 10K and my first HM and I'm so glad he did. He thinks someday I'll run a full marathon, LOLOLOLOL never.
    @whatmerunning LOL screw that I know that feeling in the morning
    @jorocka where have you been hiding the past few days?
    @ddmom0811 awesome run today, glad it was cooler, or at least felt cooler for you.
    @nicci93 super job!
    @monkeymintaka awesome !!
  • Stoshew71
    edited September 2015
    Options
    ACSL3 wrote: »
    Are there any HRMs out there that connect to a watch via bluetooth? I use digifit on my phone during my runs and I have a HRM that's a chest strap only and connects with digifit via bluetooth. The problem is that I can't wear my phone on my arm because it rubs and causes injury so I use one of those belt-type things that has a pocket for phones. I can't look at it easily to see my HR or distance though. So I'm wondering if there's a HRM out there that has a watch I can wear but will also connect to digifit on my phone.

Not sure about bluetooth. Garmin connects to any ANT+ enabled HRM. I believe that is how most watches connect to a HRM, but I am not possitive on this.

EDITED: I found this that might fight your needs:
    http://www.amazon.com/Sport-Cardio-Connect-Womens-Heart/dp/B008EX4P74/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1441806836&sr=8-11&keywords=runtastic+heart+rate+monitor

• Stoshew71
    Options
    @snha you are so sweet, I love to run, not sure how serious I am but I love it. Half the time when everyone starts talking about strategy, mileage, heart rates, tempo runs, etc etc I have no clue what they are talking about LOL I was a very casual runner (like 30 miles a month) until @stoshew71 and I became friends, he pushed me to do my first 10K and my first HM and I'm so glad he did. He thinks someday I'll run a full marathon, LOLOLOLOL never.
    @ddmom0811 awesome run today, glad it was cooler, or at least felt cooler for you.
    @nicci93 super job!

I never "pushed" you into anything. LOL
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    @nicci93 super job!

I never "pushed" you into anything. LOL

@stoshew71 LOL okay you encouraged me!
  • kstarallen
    kstarallen Posts: 116 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    9/9 -- 1.98mi
    Fifth day of C25k!

Humid again. Left pup at home, felt bad but it worked out a lot better.
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @9voice9 dang, I couldn't find the original post on what happened. I trust you are alright?

I was side-swiped while running last Thursday. No breaks/fractures, but except for a trial run on Saturday, I haven't been running since (waiting for better healing).
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked in lately, but at the moment I'm sitting at 51 miles/83km for the month, only 317km to go!
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    September goal 65 miles

9/1 3.51
    9/2 3.35
    9/3 rest
    9/4 3.16
    9/5 life day
    9/6 6.19
    9/7 an "I'm too darned lazy to move a muscle" day