WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR SEPTEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    @skrace We aren't a fussy bunch, just a place to vent, be accountable, and typing your journey daily is all you need to do. No joining neccessary. I however had to give a urine sample, a long background check, and swab my inner cheek for some reason....but that was just me. I did get a clean bill of health from @pipcd34 ...phew.

Becca
    and no I don't partake in the funny little green leaves that are legal in Oregon presently..... lol
  • SKMTX
    SKMTX Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @Annr Lol Thanks
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    your welcome :-) Oh the white area on either sides of this thread is for throwing all your mental baggage into. I know Im a strange one, but really all I have to type is that I am an Oregonian, and people just say...oh ok. hahahaha.
    Becca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    @skrace We aren't a fussy bunch, just a place to vent, be accountable, and typing your journey daily is all you need to do. No joining neccessary. I however had to give a urine sample, a long background check, and swab my inner cheek for some reason....but that was just me. I did get a clean bill of health from @pipcd34 ...phew.

Becca
    and no I don't partake in the funny little green leaves that are legal in Oregon presently..... lol

funny!! oh, i still don't have the authorization to release information form signed by you so i can look at your medical records.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    rlgycdw5cahv.jpg

Nails now match the bike, I'm ready for the ride!
  • as5811
    as5811 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Today started overcast here in PA, but the sun came out and temperature came up. I did my exercise for the day & logged my food. Hubby & I went for our monthly massages in afternoon. That's one of our ways to keep the aches/pains in check. Sorry to see summer go, signs of fall are starting here.

I saw the post about eating celery for the munchies - I need to try. Usually I just want something to crunch (too often is chips or something not so healthy).

Hope everyone has a good holiday.

Annie/PA
  • pipcd34
    Options
    I love pumpkin, Lookie what I found!!

54nqbz5tdcl4.jpg

lojprnhjpdgsil.jpg
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Pip, pumpkin colored nails to match your pumpkin snacks. How coordinated!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Pip, pumpkin colored nails to match your pumpkin snacks. How coordinated!

also matches my bike, neon orange!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    smiley-signs046.gif Cathy welcome. This is a great place to come for support and encouragement. I love your photo

smiley-happy032.gif. Becca, I gave some serious thought to driving south and snagging some of those beautiful tomatoes and then I realized that there is a farmer near here with his tomato sign posted, so I can stop there this week instead.

smiley-happy032.gif Pip, I love your nails to match your bike and your pumpkin snacks. Unfortunately for me, the snacks look like something that I would eat until the box was empty.

smiley-happy032.gif After my wonderful walk this morning, I'm tempted to go out and walk some more but I am trying to be balanced. Tomorrow Jake will be gone for a few hours in the morning so I'll do a session of dog walking and see how that goes. I have such a hard time taking my own advice.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washington smiley-happy020.gif

My word for 2015 is "now"---I won't wallow in the past or waste time worrying about the future

146200.png
    September resolutions
    *walk an average of 15,000+ steps a day
    *drink 9 glasses of water a day
    *strength training twice a week
    *15 minutes a day organizing photo files on computer and phone
    * meditate for five minutes four or more days a week
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Becca - Thank you for your positive insight. You are so correct in saying meal prep is the key. I resolve to get that part going ! I'm finding it hard to get my husband on the same page. He needs the calories,and carbs...and I need a whole lot less.....

Susan MN
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    skrace wrote: »
    How do I join
    Welcome !!! Just jump in and introduce yourself, and if you want , post your goals for this month . End your conversation with your name or nickname and where you are from...state, town whatever you are comfortable with .

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Pip - love your nails. Way cool that they match your bike. I too love pumpkin, but like Barbie, quite sure I couldn't control binging on them. :(

Janetr OKC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Mary from MN - when I have the cravings, I try to have some frozen grapes. Sometimes I'll have some of the tofu/cocoa mix. I also like the Laughing Cow cheese on a rice cake. That seems to be pretty filling
    Michele in NC

Frozen grapes? Do you freeze them or buy them that way? It sounds like a candy type option. Thanks!
    bwcetc wrote: »
    If all else fails!

ROFLMAO!!!
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    What works for me when I am tempted to eat outside my boundaries (I.e. Not planned meal or snack time, or no calories left) is to find the emotion, situation, or attitude that fits best and work through the questions in my app called I Deserve a Donut. It's a spiritual thing, so might not work for some, but it is powerful for me.
    Thanks, reflection and working through emotions is a great idea. A lot of people turn to food during emotional and stressful times.

Becca - great pictures! Yummy

catburglr7 wrote: »
    I'm in!
    Name: Cathy

Welcome and very cute picture!

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Thankfully, I can control myself to one serving per day if it worked into my calorie intake for the day
  • mirradarrowpeach
    Options
    Hi, I'm having a really difficult time with motivation this go round with dietting. I lost 150 lbs about 8 years ago and kept it off till I hit menopause. In the last 2 years I've gained 30 lbs back and it's so depressing. I wasn't at my goal weight but felt much better about myself then. I'm so mad that I let this happen. Anyone else having this issue?
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    I love pumpkin, Lookie what I found!!

54nqbz5tdcl4.jpg

These are on my grocery list as of right now!!!

Cheri anything pumpkin flavored lover btdfde32131e.png
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,093 Member
    Options
    Beth love the mouse trap.

Pip great nails.

Went to lunch with friend today. Fun place across from the St. Paul Farmer's Market

Hot and sticky here. glad it was not this way most of the summer. Also glad we went to the State Fair when we did. We had great weather for that.
    :heart: MNMargaret
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm having a really difficult time with motivation this go round with dietting. I lost 150 lbs about 8 years ago and kept it off till I hit menopause. In the last 2 years I've gained 30 lbs back and it's so depressing. I wasn't at my goal weight but felt much better about myself then. I'm so mad that I let this happen. Anyone else having this issue?

Yes!!!!! Sad but true, have to move more n count calories. Can be a beautiful freedom but it's the aging process. Stop being mad get back on the journey and enjoy your chats!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Pip, sending best wishes to Bullwinkle.

Mary, good for you in not caving to your craving. Tee hee hee, I’m a poet. (NOT) If it’s not too bad, I actually like gentle hunger pains, cause it makes me realize I am doing something good by not thinking it’s an emergency.

Elizabeth, welcome. You will find this a very supportive and informative group of ladies. There is very little in this group that we consider TMI  so feel free to chat about anything. It is all part of our life journey and that is what this is about for most of us. One suggestion: Open that water bottle a few times each hour. (Just a suggestion, you understand.) Come often and join right in.

Barbie, glad you are getting to walk but not overdoing it. Isn’t that a cute graphic of how we feel once in a while?

Pip, anything that looks that terrible doesn’t surprise me that it shoots pains out of nowhere. I know our favorite word and I’d be using it when I got those pains. rant.gif

Joyce, you are doing everything you can so don’t you dare start looking for things to beat yourself up about. Just remember that you are going through a tuff time and give yourself a break. It was a good sign that Charlie would let you pick the tv stations. It does sound like he is making progress. I’m glad your DD and family will be there today. You take care of yourself. (((((Hugs)))))

Katla, have a great trip. I feel the same way about this group of ladies. I do somehow miss out every time I take a cruise, otherwise ya’ll are with me where ever I go.

Vicki, I can’t believe you cleaned out the cabinets after getting home late last night, but I’m sure it feels good to have it done. I hope you get more rest tonight. (((Hugs)))

Sue, I love your idea of the candies and the thank you note at the hospital. I know many times people just love the idea of some acknowledgement.

Michele, oh my dear I did have to laugh at you when talking about sizes. You are such a tiny thing that you don’t even realize a 10 or 12 is on the small side. Especially to lots of us that started out in Women’s sizes. I will be thrilled if I ever get down to a 10 or 12 but am very happy right now to be down to a 14. Still giggling here.

Beth, that diet plan just might work! Rofl

Carol, I hope you enjoy your Brussel sprouts. I love them roasted! I put a little EVOO on a cookie sheet and roll them around on it. Then season, usually with McCormicks Chicken seasoning and garlic salt. Roast until done. Let us know what you came up with and how you liked them.

Sylvia, what ashamed about your new scale weighing heavy. Don’t return it, cause in a few days it might straighten it’ self out and start weight right. LOL

Lisa, I have to say for a non-FitBit user, that was pretty intense. Seems it gives great info for those that want/need it.

Susan, if that junk gives you a headache and makes you feel pissy, maybe you need to lay off. How nice for you that you get a negative reaction. Go back to good eating and keep up the good work. We are all rooting for you.

Skrace, you are welcome here. Just tell us a little about yourself to help us get to know you. We also ask that you sign each post with a name that you want us to call you. Come often and join right in.

Pip and her hands are ready to ride. You go gurl!!! I love those pumpkin bars but had a friend that didn’t like them and gave the box away.

Barbie, we all know it’s not easy for you to just walk a little bit and I am so proud that you have kept it to a minimum while you heal.

Mirrad, we all have at least spells where this lifestyle of eating is not easy. Just remember back to how wonderful it was every time you lost 5 or 10 pounds. It is worth it. Maybe this time you can even get to your goal. The thing is, you did good by coming back and not letting it get worse. You know you can do this so just plan ahead and do it. There will be times when it is very hard and times when it is not doable, but overall you can do it. We are with you!!!

welcome.gif to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Even though I don’t know lots of the players any more, I ended up watching tennis most of the afternoon. I just like it. Because of that, I sure didn’t get much done today but had a good day. I hope you all had a good day and have a healthy and happy holiday weekend. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC