WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR SEPTEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    I and not going to lie, those of you who know me know my favorite word is fu&$k. Yesterday and today I've been having these sudden sharp shooting pains coming out of nowhere on this shoulder! I'm fine then suddenly it hits me and then it's gone. I have no idea what motion I am doing that makes it happen. This is getting bad.

I'm sorry to hear that. Praying for relief!

Joyce - (((hugs))) hang in there.

Katla- have fun getting ready for your trip. I'm glad you're planning on checking in.

Vicki- you sound busy!

Mary from Minnesota
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    What works for me when I am tempted to eat outside my boundaries (I.e. Not planned meal or snack time, or no calories left) is to find the emotion, situation, or attitude that fits best and work through the questions in my app called I Deserve a Donut. It's a spiritual thing, so might not work for some, but it is powerful for me.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Katla - thank you for the kind words. Are you driving to CO? Where does your DD live? My oldest daughter is in Parker CO, just south of Denver.

Janetr OKC
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Marking my place while I wait for my grocery delivery by Katherine. She is picking up a couple of things for me before she goes to work. I'm hanging in here. Some days are fairly good and others are the opposite.

I am caught up with reading and have sent each of you good wishes as I read your posts. Now I need to find a recipe for roasted brussell sprouts--I've never had fresh ones before...

Carol in NC
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! It seems that my post yesterday didn't show up, so I probably didn't hit the post reply button. Oh well. I do that sometimes.

Hubby and I went to Joplin yesterday evening and FINALLY bought a new bathroom scale. Sadly though, we seem to have gotten one that is defective. It reads a full five pounds more than the old one. Just to prove it, I weighed myself at the Y in my clothes this morning, then rushed home and weighed myself on the new scale. I couldn't believe it! The scale at the Y is defective too! What are the odds that hey would both be off by five pounds?!

We are at the lake tonight. I have pork roast in the oven for dinner, and will make some sweet potatoes sautéed in olive oil for myself and cheesy grits for hubby. He won't eat sweet potatoes.

So, nothing to ramble on about. I hope you are all having a great weekend.

Sylvia
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Katiebug I'm going to see if I can find that app. Thank you :)

Sylvia Thanks for the laugh. I needed that.

Janetr OKC

• lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    For whoever asked me if I liked the Charge HR better than the Fitbit Flex, the answer is "Yes, indeedy." The HR stands for "heart rate," which is important to me for a couple reasons... my mother's seven heart attacks and death from a stroke being foremost. I paid about $90 for the Flex (I think they're at 75 now) and $137 for the Charge HR.

One improvement from the Flex, I can press one button to tell it I've started exercising, and another to tell it I'm done, and I get the first readout you see below, showing me average heart rate, calorie burn, all of it. I compete against myself, and no one else... trying to be better, faster, stronger than yesterday, so it suits the way I think. On the Flex, you have to get your readout before exercise and after to get your measurements right.

The second image shows the main dashboard, or part of it, anyway, with all the recent exercise, as well as sleep measurements, and yes, I did sleep well last night, best in a long time.

The other appeal of the Charge HR for me, it knows when I'm sleeping... I had to tell the Flex I was going to sleep, and then tell it I was up... by tapping on it about five or six times. Sufficent vibration (like pushing a grocery cart across a parking lot) and it would go to sleep on me.

Charge HR also counts flights of stairs, with an altimeter, so the running I do uphill counts for more calories than it does with the Flex, which it should.

Lisa from West Texas

2yppcpopylhh.jpg

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Well nice news today. One of my TOPS ladies called me and said she had some clothes that have gotten too big for her, and asked if I wanted to look thru them. So out of the bag I picked out some cool jeans, two shirts, I fleece vest, a fleece zip up robe, and a dress. How cool is that? Most of the time that is how I purchase my clothes, and trade-ups, and from Goodwill. I don't see the reason to pay for full price when you are "in transition". Except when I bought my wiggle dress, and shoes! Its nice to treat myself once in awhile.
    Yesterday I cut into my first big tomato from my garden. It was a beauty!
    100_3336_zpspcv0hftb.jpg
    100_3335_zpsdtu6dwqw.jpg
    I was in heaven!
    Becca
    the tomato Queen
    Oregon
  • catburglr7
    catburglr7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 6n44vr8cb7y5.jpg

Name: Cathy
    Height: 5'7

Start Weight (1st September): 162
    Goal Weight (1st October): 157

1st September: 162
    8th September:
    15th September:
    22nd September:
    29th September:
    1st October:

Weight lost/gained this week:
    Weight lost/gained this month:

Successes/struggles this week:
  • catburglr7
    catburglr7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    On gosh! I'm 58 not 59!!!
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »

To Susan in MN, I am from Georgia, but my DH is from Itasca County, grew up in Nashwauk. His parents moved to Grand Rapids after his dad retired. We've taken day trips to Bemidji a time or two when the kids were little.
    . That's amazing my husband grew up in Hibbing and lived in Grand Rapids many years! He probably knows your husbands family !!!

• Annr
    Options
    http://www.bitsysbrainfood.com/#products/smart-cookies

FYI these cookies are really good! Granted they are geared to kids, but I rec'd a little box from the food bank, and you don't taste the healthy stuff like sweet potatoes. They are sweet like the animal cracker boxes we know and love. Check them out!

Becca
    Oregon
  • Annr
    Options
    @mollywhippet A rambler you can never be :-)
  • Annr
    Options
    I hope I don't offend, if you are just look away now...

curvy_zpsv11zhkow.jpg

Becca
    keeping it honest
    Oregon
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Lisa from West Texas......thank you for posting the pros and cons you found with your monitors....it's very informative.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    stat for the day:
    40min, 91r, 102w, 2-1/2songs @9g, 2-1/2songs @10g, 2-1/2songs @11g, 2songs @12g, 18mi = 375cal
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Hot and Humid here in the Northwoods. I walked 3 miles with my dog, Jake. We were both just spent when we got back home. Can I just say, this week I did great on my nutrition and exercises and this weekend....I'm eating all the wrong stuff. And surprisingly, I have a headache and feel pissy with that junk in my system....

Susan, MN
  • Annr
    Options
    @pwrfl1 Great job on the long walk! It's sometimes difficult to pre-plan what you eat sometimes, but it pays off in the long run. I have many mini plastic containers in the freezer and frig to prove it :-) I think of the pre-planning of my pantry (say that 5 times fast) as just getting my troops in order for the war over my fat. Food preparation is as important as the meal itself. Just get back into the chopping mood girl! lol Get as serious as you are with exercising as with your food prep. You got this!
    Becca
    in the northwoods of coastal Oregon :-)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    I hope I don't offend, if you are just look away now...

curvy_zpsv11zhkow.jpg

Becca
    keeping it honest
    Oregon

:wink:

Cheri in hot NE Ohio
  • SKMTX
    SKMTX Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    How do I join