• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    o14a753uqflk.jpg

Other normal shoulder
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I was doing so good keeping up with everyone's posts and then I missed just about a day and a half and oops - 133 new posts. Now, my mom just rang the doorbell. She and her hubby are here about a half hour earlier than they said but that is pretty typical for them. Anyway, just wanted to pop in to say hello and hope you all have a great weekend. I've got a busy weekend so might not be able to check in again until Monday night. Let's guess - there will probably be at least 500 new posts if I don't check in until Monday.

Linda/IA
  • LoriGarside
    LoriGarside Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi, folks. I'm Lori, from Poinciana, Florida (near Disney World). I'm new to MyFitnessPal, but have been battling my weight for 40 + years. I've got spondylityc arthritis of the spine along with bone spurs and disk problems, the worst of which is that my cervical spine curves the wrong way. That's right -- my head's on backwards (makes for fun if I fall, because the ER docs go nuts when they see it). My mobility is limited by the extra 100 pounds I'm carrying. I'd like to lose 50 of that in the next year to eighteen months. I have found seated aerobics and yoga videos for obese, elderly, or people with disabilities, so I've been working out every day this week. My biggest downfall? I'm hypoglycemic with a slow metabolism. Not only do I have to eat every 4 hours, but I cannot eliminate carbs from my diet.

However, I'm making positive choices about the carbs I DO allow. I'm using the app to track my caloric intake and exercise. I'm walking some, but have to be careful as I have balance issues - I do use a walker, but I hate it.

My goals for September:

1) Work out 6 days a week - aerobics and yoga (both seated), walking 20 minutes a day
    2) Make smart food choices -- avoid sweets (yeah, that's not gonna happen, but I'll try)
    3) Love 5 pounds
    4) Be honest with myself and don't beat myself up when I slip - I'm human.
    5) Cut out the midnight snack - no food after 9pm (I'm usually up until 1 - 2am)

Feel free to send me a friend request, because I'm going to need all the help I can get.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    @terri_mom He is really an amazing son, and I would hang around him even if he wasn't my son! Last year when we went for a parent teacher conference, the teacher stated,"Everyone wants to know your son, and he is friends with everyone". Last year I was in constant communication with the school and the counselor. I wanted the transition when my husband got the liver transplant to be as mentally stress free as possible for him. So when the time came, and he was in school, and we had 4 hrs to get to Portland for the transplant, the counselor and Principal sat him down and told him. Then I called when we got there, and he was in the loop, but having the support of the school staff. I picked him up after the transplant and he did his homework where we were staying. He originally wanted to stay at the apartment and go to school, but I stated to him that part of my coping was having him nearby. He grew up alot that year.

Great walk with my ladies today! We vented about the TOPS group and all the stresses regarding members that are so rigid about change. We all agreed to focus on our own journeys and not worry about members who give conflict and fuel stress within the group. I suppose, just like people you encounter in your daily lives, you can't please everyone, and trying to make others happy when they would more like to wallow in their own stresses is downright draining. I refuse to be responsible for others inability to accept change. Change is what makes people grow, and change happens regardless of what you do or dont do most of the time. Sometimes lifes heartbeat comes in a form of your weight loss. You gain you lose, but your path to a healthy body does have direction.

One of you called me a free spirit. I have had to be. When we were stationed in Japan for many years, my world was noise. I remember walking to the train station to get to the Navy Base. Everything I heard I didn't understand, and what I read I didnt understand. But I was comfortable in the journey. Husband would be out to sea, so I had to make my own magic. To wander my neighborhood, meeting Japanese ladies, and befriending them was quite an adventure. I don't take communication lightly. Talking on the phone was actually hysterically funny. I have learned to adapt to any situation. I remember going weeks without speaking any English. Have any of you watched the movie with Julia Roberts entitled, "Eat, Pray, Love"? There is a part when she is staying at a Buddist Temple, and she could not speak. She was forbidden to, because she was listening to her inner voice, and trying to live a peaceful life. My life in Japan was kind of like that sometimes. I could find the inner peace within the noises of my environment. As long as I had enough yen in my pocket I would ride the trains and just get off in various places and explore. So picture this....winding cement paths within neighborhoods with old homes, small with the sliding shoji doors. Little gardens here and there, in places un-imaginable. Then you come to a little local Ramen House tucked amongst the neighborhood and sit down to a huge steaming bowl of heaven. Everyone slurping really loud and blowing their noses. Ok my mouth is watering now!

Enjoy the day all!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • Annr
    edited September 2015
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Kirby and I are betting to see how long it will take for this plant to die. we don't have green thumbs, actually, we don't have ANY thumbs. we look at plants, they die. I think we'll put it in the back garden and see what happens.

When I buy a plant I give it an option right away. Live or die, but don't look moppy, or sad. That will get you sooner to the great heap in the sky. In my garden I have stones that I have painted with chalkboard paint. Somes I write "grow dammit" or..."slugs are banned"....or sometimes I just write, "Queen Becca"...I don't give the chalk to my husband anymore, because he turned one into a boob.

Becca
    003_zpshzrzzr56.jpg
  • Annr
    Options
    @skuehn48 I never tan in a suit...lol I just use a suit so I don't get kicked out of the Aquatic Center when I lap swim. I have no tan lines....ok tmi.

Becca
    Your MFP token nudist.
    Oregon
  • Annr
    Options
    @pipcd34 Im a little light-headed from those pictures. YOU ARE a brave soul!!! I would be a blubbering whiny thing. Glad you are scheduled for surgery. (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) That is about the biggest hug I can send friend!

Becca
    squeamish about anything medical
    Oregon
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    253149qtzkf0ld22.gif Today I saw the chiropractor in the morning, then went to the line dance class that I teach. At the suggestion of another dance teacher, I enlisted the help of an advanced dancer who comes to class and dances in the back, to come to the front and dance on stage while I did the instruction and handled the music. I sat and did the instruction because I knew that if I stood up, I'd dance. My hip is not healed yet but the chiropractor said I should be walking and he gave me a stretch exercise to do. I'll see him again on Wednesday. Jake is still doing all the dog walking and his step count is high while mine is low.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Becca... Too funny!

Joyce.... Continued prayers ...

Pip ... That shoulder is a true mess ... Thank goodness you have surgery scheduled ... Hard to believe there was a time when they were just gonna let it heal??!!

Beth
  • pipcd34
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Becca... Too funny!

Joyce.... Continued prayers ...

Pip ... That shoulder is a true mess ... Thank goodness you have surgery scheduled ... Hard to believe there was a time when they were just gonna let it heal??!!

Beth

they were going to just let it heal and leave as is because I said I was cool with it. at the time I said that, I wasn't feeling any pain believe it or not. since I started feeling pain, then things changed and had I said I could STILL let it go as, they would have.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Pip, how awful.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Joyce - You do just fine here. We are here for you. I'm sorry that you are going through all of this.

Pip - owwww that looks painful.

Becca - LOL

Barbie - yeah! you are still able to enjoy the line dancing and walking. Just in a little different role.

Mary from Minnesota
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Vicki, all this talk about kids wanting to know what they get when the parents are dead, just makes me shake my head. We never expected anything from our parents. I only have one child and she knows that she will get whatever is left but I make it clear that I plan to spend all that I can. Lol And she says she wants us to enjoy the fruits of our labors. If I had kids that kept asking, I do believe I would tell them, “Oh trust me, you’ll get what you deserve”. *shakin’ head*

Miriam, so happy for your son. Really glad it didn’t drag out any longer!

Watch Out Ladies, Heather is cooking drunk again. smiley-eatdrink005.gif ROF. Bet you sleep well.

Pip
    , you sound like me with plants. I have found that less water is better than too much, but they do need some. That is the extent of the help I can give you. We want updated pictures weekly. Lol

Joyce, you can hog our time any time you want. Glad you at least got some attention finally. Hang in there. ((((Hugs))))

Pip
    , I can’t believe that doesn’t hurt like hell?? I’d get that fixed if I were you. Haven’t you looked in the mirror? I would think you knew what it looked like. It looks like, “Ouch”.

Lori
    , welcome. You will find this is a great place for support and information. You have your challenges but it sounds like you know what you need to do. Come often and join right in.

Barbie, glad you had a plan for your line dance class. I keep waiting to hear that your hip is getting better. Sending healing thoughts……
    welcome.gif to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 12.30min, 14amph, 2.9mi = 130c
    spin- 36min, 94ar, 94aw, 9g, 16mi = 306c
    ride gym 2 dome- 5.49min, 14.1amph, 1.3mi = 95c
    ride dome 2 hm- 15.29min, 9.8amph, 2.5mi = 169c
    total cal 700
  • pipcd34
    Options
    damnit - yeah, i see myself in the mirror all the time, i guess, i was looking at it from different angles, it does look like sh$t doesn't it..lololol
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Pip... I'd be excited about the surgery if my shoulder looked like that, too!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    I want to eat everything in my cupboard! Help!!!
    At times like this I think I need to be locked up!

Mary from Minnesota
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »

Mary from Minnesota
    kae0utgngg1w.jpg

Brush your teeth and go to bed

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »

Mary from Minnesota

Oh I wish I had a magic wand, I'd be your fairy god mother :) What do you suppose triggers this feeling? I've been that way for a week now. I told Jack to lock up the food, I was serious. He said I hate to do that. Maybe you have a better idea, I could tell him to lock ME up instead. Ugh. So sorry, Mary. Hot bubble bath, long walk, polish nails? I've read a million things to do instead of eating but none of it seems to help when I feel this way.

Janetr OKC