WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR SEPTEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    @L_Cass Welcome! By typing you have already taken the first step in joining. Any mental baggage you have, feel free to just toss on the white part of the thread here :-) I have tossed OOOgggles of large white stuffed baggies...

@fanncy0626 aw thanks....I have a LONG way to go, but I think I ZIPPED thru the water this morning with that suit on! The fact that my dear husband wanted to take a picture of me in my gloriousness was endearing to me.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    smiley-dance019.gif Janetr, when we wrote our first will, Jake wanted to not include his daughter who hadn't spoken to him in years....the attorney included her in the will by saying that he "had provided for her adequately" during his lifetime and was therefore leaving nothing to her. She has since mended fences and now they speak on the phone weekly and she's back in the will.

smiley-dance019.gif Heather, I admire your willingness to pick up your hubby and his friends even with all your concerns...you did a great thing.

smiley-dance019.gif Sue in WA, when we bought our five acres in northern California we found a lot of junk in the wooded areas including what was clearly an irrigation system for growing marijuana. It probably wasn't as much stuff to get rid of as you have, but I understand your frustration.

<3 Barbie
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    @Annr wonderful pictures of you in your new swimsuit! :) Love a great find at Goodwill!

Cheri
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Cheri etc - when you up your weights your muscles temporarily retain water. That can make a small difference on the scale which will resolve itself eventually. As you say, you can look more "buff", even though you weigh more.

NSV for me in collecting four men from the cricket, in the dark, and driving them home, when I never drive in the dark, have terrible night vision, hardly know how to find the headlights and never drive with other people in the car. I never drive my husband. :ohwell: But I did it, even though I spent some time in 2nd gear without realising it, I was so nervous. :laugh:
    Also managed to get through the day without going over calories. :bigsmile: Resorted to calorie free Waldorf sauces with raw veg to keep me going. But I did it!

Heather UK

I hope the "gain" is due to that because nothing else has changed. I am a very, very, very slow loser as it is so this bump through me a bit. I will continue what I am doing and see what transpires.

Great NSV for you. I too do not like to drive at night as I just do not see well. I can just imagine how nervous you were. Great job!

Cheri
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Goodwill has really helped in keeping me in clothes I fit into right now....and not hurt my pocketbook @csofled :-)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    NSV for me in collecting four men from the cricket, in the dark, and driving them home.
    Also managed to get through the day without going over calories. :bigsmile: Resorted to calorie free Waldorf sauces with raw veg to keep me going. But I did it!

Heather UK

Yeah! Way to go!
    Annr wrote: »
    So to be brave I am posting my new suit for $8 pics...(this are like my before pics)

This morning my husband woke me up quickly whispering...they have returned....
    So with much fanfair....my ELK (at least part of the small herd we know
    Becca.
    Oregon.

Great pictures! Thank you for sharing.What a score on that swimsuit!

Mary from Minnesota

DITTO!!
  • as5811
    as5811 Posts: 62 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    a good day tracking my food, and getting my steps in going for 15,000 a day. Have a few hundred left for the day.
    looking to get the smart scale m not to sure about it.

Also been looking for friends for motivation. But the requests are from young girls who may have weight issues but don't look it. And is it really necessary to pose in corsets, bikinis and look seductive. It's weight loss not a modeling for support. I would prefer ladies who have lived life and know my struggles, raised kids,have had hard times,over come them etc.

thank you ladies

I agree. I'm exercising to get fit and lose weight. Keep moving to keep the joints limber.
    Annie/PA
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Hello beautiful ladies :flowerforyou:

Becca :) You look awesome! Love the polka dots, so sassy!!! I loved the blue dress too, you looked elegant and classy! My oldest granddaughter sounds a lot like your son, she is always either calling or texting me about her day, always full of good cheer!

Cheri :) Sometimes the scale can lie! Go by what your clothes feel like and your measurements! Mary is one to listen to, she lost oodles of inches lifting weights! Inches are what counts!!!

Joyce :) Sure hope Charlie is doing better, and you're getting some rest! Thinking of you :flowerforyou:!

Barbie :) I'm glad you're taking it easy for a few days, I know that is hard for you to do! <3

Margaret :) Thank you for talking about the trusts, I need to redo my will this year. My attorney, who was a good friend of mine, just passed away from brain cancer :'( . I know lots of other attorneys but he was my favorite, it will be hard to replace him!

The dog is climbing on my leg wanting to be fed, she doesn't care what I'm doing when it's her dinner time, she will pester me until I feed her :laugh:.

I hope all you wonderful ladies will have a fabulous night!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in NC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    DeeDee2211 wrote: »
    The dog is climbing on my leg wanting to be fed, she doesn't care what I'm doing when it's her dinner time, she will pester me until I feed her :laugh:.
    Hugs,
    DeeDee in NC

LOL I can picture your Dog!
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Still around... got a Charge HR after my Flex died... my life will be my own again in four to six weeks... I think my replacement will work out fine.

Lisa from West Texas
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Still around... got a Charge HR after my Flex died... my life will be my own again in four to six weeks... I think my replacement will work out fine.

Lisa from West Texas

Did you go with just one, or did you hire them and are going to check out to see who would be best like you said in your last text.

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 12.54min, 13.6amph, 2.9mi = 133c
    spin- 36min, 94ar, 82aw, 8-11g, 16.6mi = 323c
    ride gym 2 dome- 5.42min, 14.1amph, 1.3mi = 90c
    ride dome 2 hm- 16.04min, 9.1amph, 2.4mi = 183c
    total cal 729
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »

Lisa from West Texas

Did you go with just one, or did you hire them and are going to check out to see who would be best like you said in your last text.

Mary from Minnesota

Actually, Mary, the current crew chief decided she didn't want to be manager... so this new gal, if she works out, will move from crew chief to assistant manager to manager after I depart...

Lisa

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Well, I'm finally caught up. Don't know how I managed to post a long quote from Barbie with no comment from me. Sometimes my iPad just has a mind of its own while I am trying to innocently scroll and read.

Hugs to Joyce and Alluson and Polly and everyone else with loved one struggles of one kind or another. Congrats to all with scale and non-scale victories.

To Susan in MN, I am from Georgia, but my DH is from Itasca County, grew up in Nashwauk. His parents moved to Grand Rapids after his dad retired. We've taken day trips to Bemidji a time or two when the kids were little.

Thanks for all the compliments on the anniversary picture. I thought it could have been better, but maybe we weren't clear enough about what we wanted. I wanted a vertical picture with our heads close together. The one with our heads close together was horizontal and the background wasn't as pretty as the black. Our heads were closer on the verticals where DH was sitting, but I looked fatter in those. So, this was the best where we both looked halfway decent.

We've had two back-to-back funerals at church, so I've been busy visiting, cooking, and typing up the order of worship for each service. So many leftovers! We had beanie weenies for our anniversary dinner, how sad is that? My sister said, well what else are two old farts going to eat?
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    walker54 wrote: »
    Barbie I'm thrilled to find you still keeping this thread going!!! I've been away for a few years, but have often missed the support and encouragement of so many of you. I had a few surgeries and just never got back in the groove until now.

I'm on a leave of absence from teaching this year to focus on my son's health. He is 19 and was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. After a few months of caregiving an understandably angry young man, and an otherwise blank year stretching out ahead of me, I'm ready to carve out time again for my own health and fitness. This morning I set out a new weekly schedule for myself.

Goals for September:
    1. Log everything I eat.
    2. Walk 5 times a week for at least 30 min.
    3. Stick to my daily calorie goals.
    4. Drink at least 4 glasses of water/day.
    5. Create something every day.
    6. Play!

Polly

[img]http://www.freesmileys.org/custom/image/grey%5E_%5Etahoma%5E_%5E0%5E_%5E0%5E_%5EWelcome Back%5E_%5E.gif[/img] I'm glad you found us again....it is never too late to begin again on your journey of health and fitness....you have had challenging times and now it's time to take care of you.

<3 Barbie
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Hi michelle, i was thinking the same thing, must be a generaltional thing with all the selfies! Me?I just want to keep my b.p. healthy and feel fit, so i am glad to have found folks that support each other with this group.
    I am on the treadmill and recline bike, work is so busy i am sticking to the food i prepare, only snacking on ny apples, yeah fall!
    Dont know about a smart scale, i am a little wishy washy with exact counting , just trying to move more--eat less. Cheers, momabird from. Ny
    Hi Annie, I do love gadgets but I'm not really all that savvy. I do like this group I feel a generous spirit and love from these ladies, for the few minutes I'm on. I do have a hard time getting my steps in on the weekend. I'm a cook so 10-12,000 steps is average for me I have about 1700 left for the night. I must as I had a cheat meal at work but did manage to stay within my calories goal. How is fall in ny.?
    skuehn48 wrote: »

Pip - Mount Vernon is a beautiful area, have been horseback riding there a couple of times. I was lucky the horse was doing most of the work s. Sue in WA
    Hi sue are you up in Mt vernon.? My FIL lives at smokey point. We were just up there a few weekends ago, but it was insane going through Seattle during the air and sea fair. So we took the ferry from Edmonds going to kings man on the way home to by pass the crowds, and it was still crowded from the campers and rv crowd

hi ladies I love your support for one another,
    I had a good day with a few cheats but was within calorie goal. I must finish my steps for the day.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Becca... Love the suit! And I see where your son gets his joy from ...

Polly ... So sad that a 19 year old has to deal with cancer ... Praying his prognosis is a good one?

Janetr ... Was it your step daughter who wanted to know what they're inheriting? I'm always astounded that children expect anything! I'm hoping my parents enjoy every penny of their hard earned money ... Leaving nothing but good memories.

Well, I was an emotional train wreck today. My younger son drove himself to school for his last first day of high school. I remember that first first day of elementary school like it was yesterday! I was quite sentimental all day long. And then when I wasn't tearing up I was worrying whether he had remembered to turn off his headlights (only 2nd day with a license), was he managing the heat, did he have a migraine, etc!! Enough of that! I've worn myself out ...So early to bed tonight.

Beth

• mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Tonight I met Hubby at Rib Crib for dinner, and as we were going inside we ran into two ladies who I do drafting work for. It's all done through email, so I very seldom see them, but they were in town for a company meeting. I know it's been at least three years since I've seen one of them, and maybe two years for the other. They were both stunned when they realized who I was. It made me pretty happy to see the looks on their faces. Big fun! (And hubby didn't know either one of them, but he was beaming with pride.) Talk about an ego boost.

And that, ladies is the very definition of an NSV!
    (Non Scale Victory)

Good night all!

Sylvia
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Sylvie- that is fantastic! You're right awesome NSV!

Mary from Minnesota
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Pwrfl1, welcome. This is a great place for support and information. We request that you sign each post with a name that you want to be called. It makes it easier to respond as well as to remember you. Come often and join right in.

Pip, we know you guys are loaded so don’t worry about making up the hours. Lol So glad you are going to Cali. 

Katla, glad the salmon smoked up nicely. Do you and your neighbor make a day of it normally? Hope you had fun.

Mia, I know, isn’t it great to get to go off Metformin just from losing weight! Who knew??? (yes, I know, we did)

Sylvia, isn’t it great how the kid’s good moods can start your day off right? Of course the opposite is also true, now that I think about it. *silly me*

Vickie, I keep seeing on the national weather about the high temps all across the country. I guess summer will go out with a bang to make everyone ready for fall. Just don’t overdo in the high heat.

Mindy, I am rooting for you and your job. I can’t imagine standing for 8 hours any more but lots of people do it. Just be sure to have good and comfortable shoes. That will also help your back. If It were me, I’d probably have a back up pair to change into if I got too uncomfortable. Yeah Advil.

MaryAnn, it’s not dumb to ask about NSV. We’ve all done it over time. 

Polly, welcome back. So sorry about your son!!! That can’t be easy on you, either. I hope you come back often now that you found us again.

Go Pip!!! cheer.gif Let’s get this show on the road.

Terri, your time at the Dells sound like a great plan. I hope it works out. In the 10 years we lived in Milwaukee, we never went to the Dells. Wonder if they still have those big swan rides? LOL

Cheri, I know the feeling. I won’t lose an ounce for weeks but keep seeming to get smaller in my clothes. Then sometimes will move 2 or 3 pounds within a week. Go figure? All I know is this thing works if ya stick to it.

Becca, I love the suit. Like I said, I absolute love Polka-Dots on anything and everything. Nice pets ya got there, too.

L Class, welcome. This is a great group for support and interesting information. Please sign your posts with the name you’d like to be called. A location is nice too, general or specific.

Lisa, glad it seems to be working out.

Beth, I certainly hope your DS had a better day than you did. I’m sure you have raised him to do things right so try to calm down so you can enjoy the good parts of this journey. Lol

Sylvia, what a wonderful NSV!!! Doesn’t it just make you feel the best? Way to go.

welcome.gif to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I finally got my nails done today after planning on it for 3 or 4 days. I had lunch with a friend and had a wonderful chicken and mandarin orange salad. Now I hope I can get to sleep and stay there tonight.
    I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC