WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR SEPTEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »

Congratulations on your ride! The pictures are great! Thanks for sharing your experiences with us!

Mary from Minnesota
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Well son came home yesterday at about 4:30pm. He was in a happy mood and said it was fun. The Army corpsman that my husband dropped him off with had him do filing most of the morning. A bit disappointed about that. He did go to the mess hall for lunch and had chicken and tater tots though. The 5K run wasn't until 5pm so he didn't have to do that. They didn't give him clothes to wear....so that was disappointing. I wanted him to just immerse himself in the day. He was asked if he smoked which he answered, "No way, my father would freak out". The guy then said, "Its a dirty habit". So then my son followed him outside and the guy smoked a cigarrete. Really? Well I suppose my husband put the military guy "on the spot" so he didn't want to be having to take care of some teenager.

Last night I figured out what I was going to do for my TOPS program for this Wednesday.

http://www.doorway-to-self-esteem.com/body-image.html

It takes about 7:28 minutes to read (aloud)... I only get about 10 minutes for a program so I was timing myself last night. Its a great way to look at your body image. Plus, the way it was written, it sounded like me. Enjoy it and lets discuss it. Think of logging great articles on this site as like a "Womans Book Club" but without the pretty little cupcakes and wine.

Becca
    Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    afternoon kiddo's~
    Pip and Kirby wow ,you guys did awesome.. now another 10 or so days until you get your surgery....
    today we went to see DFIL and he was in the dining room in a jovial mood which is always nice..
    then came home and made Tom blueberry pancakes and sausage..
    we went to Home Depot and Lowes and Ocean state job lot looking for area rugs and found the one we both agreed on at lowes,told him that it will be going to Florida with us so pick the right one.. then we went to Sams.. thats always fun on a weekend. came home and got dinner together, Tom still working on odds and ends... have to go up at 7 am to take care of DSIL mom and do her insulin and make her lunch and breakfast my brother will be home tomorrow night... have to be into work at 7:30 will try and either walk or go to gym early tomorrow
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    I don't even think I'm going to try to catch up. I'll probably just skim.

Denise and her bf came here Thurs night. Earlier in the day I volunteered at the Green Room then that night there was a volunteer meeting and I got a preview of the play that they're putting on.

Thurs I did an hour of an Advanced Strength DVD. Fri I did an hour of just swimming, Sat. I did about 45 minutes of Cathe Pure Strength Chest, Shoulders and Triceps DVD, today I did a Lesley Sanson DVD, the plan for tomorrow is to do an abs DVD, hold my plank then take the extremepump class.

We went to dinner at this Hibachi Buffet, Denise said her bf likes sushi. He honestly didn't think there'd be so much. But it seems they enjoyed themselves. Last night we grilled, I made beer butt chicken, we had corn on the cob and I'd premade baked and sweet potatoes.

Our microwave went, we think the thermostat went. They're supposed to be here Wed. between 10 + 2 to look at it. Hopefully, that's all it is.

I have some exercises tentatively scheduled for next week, but if they get done depends on what's all happening.

Rori - I always thought you needed to put the Arnica on right after you got the bruise.

I know that Vince is feeling apprehensive now. He's been without his heart medication for 4 days so far. He is trying to do everything possible to take it easy

Welcome everyone new

Syliva - hope your son is OK

Sassy - great that your son will be hone

Beth - that was very sweet of you to pay for those groceries

Carol in NC - glad to hear that you're getting some relief

terri - congrats on those tickets.

Joyce - (((HUGS))) Hope you feel better fast

Loving all the pics

Thank you everyone for posting for me.

Made some black bean brownies for the hubby of the gal who I play mahjongg at's house. I was talking to Vince & I'll leave her house early and pick Vince up at ceramics. Being off the medication, he's just nervous abt driving himself. He doesn't mind if I'm in the car because he knows if something happens, he can pull off to the side & I can drive.

then made a spinach/feta quiche to take to the new neighbors.

Michele in NC
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Feeling better today after my rant. Thank you all so much for the love. I felt all the love and hugs which is kind of amazing since we're all typing on computers. I really get What many of you have said and have now experienced how this group works for friendship and weight loss.

Bless you all.

Rosie❤️ that took herself to the beach today to relax by the Pacific Ocean. Water is so warm and pleasant.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    lhpb3obj89sd.jpg

Finally backed this thing up and put her to bed! That is hard. ! Kirby guided I drove. He is off tomorrow so he will sweep it up

On our way home
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    Met my great nephew today. I will post pictures when I get home. I take pictures with a digital camera and the cable to down load the pictures is at home. My nieces also took pieces of my mom's jewelry. Fun day!
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Drove 9 hours today from Georgia to New Orleans by myself. My sister fell through the floor of her shed and broke her wrist. I am here to chauffeur her to the doctor and to her surgery as well as cook for her. She is a pack rat while I am the queen of decluttering, so I'm already itching for my nice, uncluttered house where everything works. She also tends to make do with things that don't work right. Drives me crazy! Ex: refrigerator light is burned out, toilet has a leak so you have to turn the water on and off with each use, microwave has the bar you push to open it broken off, so you have to feel around for the door switch. Hopefully this will be a quick recovery!
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Dr. Katie, am praying for you to have the patience of a saint. Pip, are you glad it's over??? Allison, sounds like hints are going well, for you, with you and Tom right now.

We took Charlie out to Texas Roadhouse tonight. I had some concerns although most of them surfaced at all. He had no trouble stepping up into the SUV. Stepped right up from parking lot to sidewalk. With his and my bowel issues, we asked for a table by the bathroom but that also meant a walk back there but he did ok. Only. If change is maybe a good thing. I have never liked his table manners. But that's how he was taught. He anchors his food wth his left index finger instead of his knife as he cuts his food. But tonight he kept his left hand on his lap. He did feel real tired after going out but was happy to get out. I made sure I let him decide on tip, gave him my billfold so he could pay, etc. his voice also is very quiet. He is getting speech therapy. Going to bed early again tonight. Will be so glad when I can get back to MY schedule.

Joyce, Indiana
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    we're home, unpacked, now gotta repack to ride tomorrow to the gym... next up, surgery on the 24th.

jmkmomm - i am glad it's over in the sense that the mystery of whether my shoulder was going to give me issues during the ride and it didn't on both days, thank God!

barbiecat - we stopped, for him more than for me.. his knee was hurting. i wanted to do that hill that i have never done before, i did so for me, the second ride was a success. when we got down the hill and went to the next rest stop, i knew where we were and i had done the rest of the ride back to the starting point, it was something i had done a lot of times.

nite peeps
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    The picture you see is Rori and me. We are currently visiting our daughter and her family in Colorado so I contacted Rori. We shared coffee and a lovely visit in Longmont, Colorado, where DD lives. I am very pleased that I was able to see Rori again and introduce her to DH. :heart: He was so impressed. He thinks she's a marvel and so do I. Thanks for coming to Longmont this morning, Rori! :flowerforyou: :heart:

Katla temporarily in Boulder county, CO at 4,979 feet above sea level

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

September Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Katla- it's nice that you and Rori were able to get together. I will be going to CO on the 10th. Will you still be there? We are going to Englewood. My DDIL just moved there.

Mary from Minnesota
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Mary, We are going to our grandson's one year well baby check tomorrow and plan to head west first thing Tuesday morning. It would be great to meet you, but timing doesn't work this time. Let me know if you ever come to Oregon! :flowerforyou:
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    WOW! A lot to catch up on. Will try tomorrow.
    My Leak went from drips to non stop stream and flooded around furnace. Had 2 outlets that were 'sizzling' .
    My brother (electrician) and Nephew, hi son, (plumber) came Friday and Saturday to fix problems. They only charged for parts... what a savings! Thankful for family help. :-)
    I have GI/IBS upset with N/V/D from about 2AM Sat. til noonish today so food is off and am 'worn out'.

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    a quick good morning~
    have to get to work by 7:30 , so have to walk the dogs, go up and take care of Faith and get to work...Tom will have to do hot dogs on the grill tonight.. will get stuff to make a crock pot of chili
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,369 Member
    Options
    Katla & Rori - How wonderful to have that photo of the both of you. Splendid! Two wonderful people! <3

Pip - congratulations on your bike ride! Great achievement, especially considering the circumstances. :flowerforyou:

Maeadair - hope you feel better soon!

I'm very tired today. Had to take DH to cricket so had to miss a bit of my exercise routine, but made it up by walking round the huge supermarket for over an hour. Bought lots of goodies and things I can't buy elsewhere. Hope the weather holds off for DH - it's a match he has been looking forward to all season. Rain is forecast. :(

I will have a short nap this pm.

Salmon for dinner with a mash of canellini beans and watercress. Broccoli. Bought some lovely fresh figs for dessert.

Love Heather UK
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    wessecg - you look good. I have a couple friends who have done the Dr. Phil 20/20. They said it helped them make some lifestyle changes.

Carey - hope you get better soon... (((hugs))))

Pip - YEAH!!!

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    CAREY - I am so sorry that you are having to deal with so much at one time. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. Healing hugs to you 2064147zobfwp0uxt.gif
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Pip - you have a beautiful home on wheels, and it is always hard to pack it away for the winter. Glad you had a great ride.

Dr. Katie... breath, patience

Well.... made 3 batches of salsa, canned pears, made DH his pear pie. Thank goodness the weekend is over...!!! And the worst part is - my back gave out on Sunday morning - so the last batch of salsa was a challenge.

DH and DS went fishing so it was nice to have the day to myself even if I was hurting and had work to do. They came home and fried up fish for supper - so that was good.

And today - I am home - still not moving very well.

Take care everyone

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    So happy, I have now lost 15 of the 30 pounds I had gained. Now I don't think I lost it in a healthy way but I will take it. I love it when you guys gt to meet each other.

Joyce, indiana