Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Reading everyone's posts, but exhausted. Doctor on Monday for an ongoing issue since our return from Montana. More later.

Love to all.
    Lisa in West Texas
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I have clients that are on SSI until they get married and then they lose it. People that were born with disabilities. They are disabled and can't work or if they can find a job that will work with their disabilities it is not a livable wage. they will also lose their medicaid which is really bad when they have health issues Many don't marry which is sad because they want the same love all humanity wants. But not if they lose there only way to live
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    COMMITMENT = SUCCESS

Finished all posts but no comments tonight other than I sure opened a hornets nest about receiving benefits. I understand both sides of the issue as I've been on both sides.

Love to all - GloworminWA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    morning~
    on the issue of disability and ssi~ I do not begrudge anyone who has a physical or mental aliment that renders them not to be able to work But Connecticut is the welfare capital I think of the U.S. and it ticks Tom and I off.. here we are busting our butt and yes we have what we need, but we sure cant afford a boat or other big ticket items..
    our next door neighbor got let go from his job and was in rehab for 90 days and now he is collecting from the state.. his wife who works for the state, had her house paid off before they married but she went out and bought him a vintage mustang for his birthday.. he does nothing, he rarely mows his lawn, and the people across the street we call the Clampett's, if you ever saw the Beverly Hillbillies that would be this group.. no common sense and they are both collecting..
    I think thats what urks alot of us..when you are physically and mentally able to work, but choose to sponge off the state and government it just ticks us the h$ll off.
    ok off the soapbox...
    yesterday Tom couldn't wake his father, DFIL has been staying up all night and sleeping during the day.. will speak with the head nurse to see what can be done about that.. maybe give him some type of sleeping pill at bedtime..
    went for pizza last night ,it was ok but not great..
    going to Sam's today and looking for an area rug for the living room.. and working for Zina all day tomorrow so 7:30 -5 and the same on Friday.
    please do not take offense on my ranting.. I know you ladies that are on disability sure do need it, as you have been facing alot of health and mental issues.. do not begrudge you a thing.. would gladly help out any way we could... <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    569147nmlfkdnzlz.gifPip have a great ride today....we are all cheering for you
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Did I tell all of you that on Wednesday I had lost 3.50 lbs, at the TOPS weigh-in?? I don't think I did. I go in to the weight room with our two new weight recorders. I stand on the scale and one says "lost 3.50"....the other one is writing....so I timidly say, "yeah me"..... I miss my two ladies that seemed to give a daymn, and were excited when you would lose. I suppose they are just trying to do everything right, but still. I will just have to have my own cheering squad of myself, my husband and you all :-)
    Becca
    Oregon

Yeah!!! Right on Becca.... we will cheer you on.... even if I am a couple days behind on posts.... Gotta love those weight recorders some days... ummmm

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Caught up again...whew!!

Welcome all the new people. I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

I thought I was going to get a couple really good walks in so I could dump the gains I had over the Labour Day weekend sit in the car all day vacation.... but ... got my steps in in the kitchen making salsa and chasing down DGS who insisted he needed to be outside...!!!

Now looking for a recipe for Spaghetti Sauce... because I think there will be lots of tomatoes.... eeekkkkk!!

Overcast today - but I am hoping to get outside and get a walk in.

Pip - cheering you on!!

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning Ladies,

MNMargaret, so glad you and your car have bonded. hug.gifThat is most important in a relationship like that.  Glad you both stayed safe, too.

Barbie, you are wise to be careful until your hip is fully recovered. But of course, we all know you are a wise one, Obie Wan Kenobi. *Nodding head in a bow*

Mary, he looks like such a nice young man. Why would you call him “dirt” and why were you hauling him? Tee hee hee

Joyce, you certainly didn’t make me mad or anything. ((Hugs)) I love a good discussion and hearing everyone else’s point of view. I have friends in addition to some of you ladies that are on Disability because they cannot work and that did work for years. I don’t begrudge them anything. To me, that is the same as my Social Security which we all paid into for many years. I just happen to know a number of people who could easily work and were somehow able to get on Disability at a young age. While I have one foot on this box, I also think it’s somewhat unfair that people who can’t work for whatever reason can’t get help unless they have kids. I know a couple of ladies that have 2 and 3 children out of wedlock (does that sound old fashioned or what?) and they get government assistance, but if you are in the same situation without kids you don’t qualify for anything. What’s with that?? Sending healing thoughts for Charlie and good thoughts for you.

Allison, that is scary about DFIL. Is this something new on the sleeping front?

Go Pip, go Pip, smiley-talk008.gif “Pip, pip, she’s our man, if Pip can’t do it, no one can. Goooooooooooooo Pip” *that was a cheer.*

welcome.gif to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Just to illustrate how I am one of those people that is evidentially never satisfied: When I log on here and there are nearly 100 posts, I whine about not being able to keep up. Then, when I have the time to spend and log on after a terrible night of trying to get some sleep and find there are only 10 posts, I whine because I wanted to hear more about what is going on with all of you. Ya just can’t please some people??? smiley-confused005.gif I do love reading about all of you and I thank you for being part of my life. Well the men's final is today in tennis. I have sure enjoyed watching the tournament this year. It was fun watching the Ladies final yesterday with two Italians that were both upsets to get there. I thought it was so cool that their Prime minister came to watch the match, in support.

I hope all of you have a healthy
    and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Ok, five days on Dr. Phil's 20 20 diet. And I've lost 5 pounds. And if I stand like this with my hands hiding my muffin top I think I already see a difference. Get ready for the endless horse pictures soon!!
    dnskfxyxdybo.jpg
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Looking good wessecg! Keep up the good work!
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I think this decongestant and me are going to have to part company. It makes me so drowsy but yet I can't sleep at all. Plus a little bowel issues last night. I think I took in 1/2 of a bottle of Pepto Bismol. tonight is the first time that we take Charlie out to eat. It will be a test for him, his ability to get in the car, tolerance and also how I feel he is doing under my nursing eye.

Need to get my butt off this couch and go to the store.

Joyce, Indiana
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Cheryl, you look great.....there's nothing like finding an eating plan that works and that you can live with

Joyce,sorry to hear that you're not feeling your best when you have to tackle the challenge of taking Charlie out to eat.

Jake leaves on his trip tomorrow so we are spending the day home together doing laundry, watching TV, and checking and rechecking his packing so he brings everything he needs.

<3 Barbie
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hello Friends - Been having a pretty rough week. The camping trip was ok - the company was good but the weather was awful it poured rain and was quite cold - thank goodness for the furnace! Got back to town and had a call that my aunt (Mom's sister) had been admitted to palliative care.

Tuesday morning woke up with a sore throat and felt lousy - still forced myself to go to Tai Chi and ended up with severe hip pain by the time I went home. My left hip has been a problem on and off for the last month. Got a call Tuesday night that my aunt (Dad's sister) had been sent to hospital with congestive heart failure. Great so now I have 2 aunts in the hospital and I'm sick so I can't go to see either one of them.

Wednesday went to personal trainer (I'm not allowed to miss appointments or it impacts my long-term disability). Hip still really sore - can't walk without limping and now I'm all congested with a sore throat. Trainer modified the workout and we dropped items that hurt the hip. Too sick to go to tai chi with my friend so stayed home in bed.

Thursday still too sick for tai chi or to make the trip I had planned to go see my aunt in palliative care. Got a call Thursday late afternoon.. Mom's sister had passed. Trying to be thankful that she's no longer in pain but really sad that I hadn't been able to say goodbye. Her memorial service has been set for next Thursday - I'm hoping that I'm well enough to go and to see Dad's sister - her prognosis is not good (heart med are causing kidney failure and kidney meds are affecting her heart). The service is about 3.5 hours away and Dad's sister is about 3 hours away. Thursday also happens to be the day that Mom's only other sister is scheduled for lung cancer surgery. Feeling like there's a dark cloud hanging over my head and praying for a little sunshine soon.

Thinking of you all
    Carey - Edmonton
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,369 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hello all!

Back from London. Phew! Long day. The journey up was complicated and disrupted, and DH was majorly fed up, but we made it in the end. :o
    Great to see DS#1 , though he hasn't lost any weight, and I enjoyed chatting to my ex. DH got on really well with my ex's wife! ! !
    DGD was on fine form and certainly knew it was her birthday! Loved her rabbit cardigan and wanted it on straightaway. <3 Will post a photo when we've downloaded them.
    DH was a bit put out the DGS was busy playing with his cousin, but he got an hour in of his undivided attention when the rest had gone home.
    The "elephant in the room" was not referred to. I hope they will update us this week when they get the results.

My ex spent quite a lot of time telling me about his serious kidney problems - he is on EPO for red blood cells like athlete dopers. But he also talked about our old haunts in France. :) Nice to think he remembers.
    My boys teased me about my music choices. Just because I like world music . . . . They remember some awful squeaky stuff I brought back from Mexico. :laugh: It was very authentic!!!!

All in all a good day and the journey home was trouble free and I had a nice conversation with DH all the way. :love:

Just waiting now. Don't know if they are going to Paris next weekend or not, but we are on standby.

Carey - what a rough week! Ouff! Sometimes it just goes like that. Everything all together. Sending (((((hugs))))) <3

Lots of love, Heather UK
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done, on our way home. I didn't do the whole ride, however, I made my goal by going up Chuckinut hill! Oh no shoulder pain during the ride
  • pipcd34
    Options
    frxhx6x37xqt.jpg
    2g4vo9t6xaca.jpg
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Carey, you've had a tough week and have done a great job of dealing with each day as it comes and not losing your perspective.

Heather, your family day was certainly filled with highs and lows and you have such a great way of making the best of everything.

Pip, did Kirby stop when you did or did he finish the ride? You accomplished a lot this weekend. Thank you for sharing it with us.

<3 Barbie
  • pipcd34
    Options
    xfxfnmb6efb4.jpg
    4i5j04hgypaj.jpg

Just an idea as to how high up we r and. Lunch stop
  • pipcd34
    Options