WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR SEPTEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Barbie - i will have to look up that 0 Sugar book, thanks!
    Pip - love your airstream, thanks for sharing the trips w/us, and Kirby too!
    Becca - aren't sandwiches great? there is nothing like a ripe tomato, have never forgotten this box of big, ripe red tomatoes we bought and ate w/toast, mayo & lettuce. they had TASTE
    Mare - your eating lifestyle is where i'm trying to go. reading what people are cooking is frustrating (black bean brownies, pears) as i'm lucky to get dinner done. you are all so talented.

So just had a tenant move out or should i say he gave notice and moved most of it and i moved the rest yesterday. This nice young guy turned out to be a bit of a hoarder and am having to really scrub and deodorize to get the funky smell out of this room. He worked a swing shift and rarely saw him (door always shut/locked) so when he started moving, we got a glimpse, and I told him needed to inspect room. He had taken bedding off bed shortly after moving in to wash and never put it back on. All through the summer! So I kept security deposit which won't cover but will help. Can only shake my head, smart guy but what was he thinking??
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! I have been off work the last two days and loved it. I am counting the years until I can retire, LOL. Sunday DH and I spent the day geocashing. Then yesterday I cleaned house and got the newsletter for our CMA group done. Weigh in this morning and I am down over 2 pounds. Not sure how I feel about that as seems to be the same 2 pounds I gain and lose every couple weeks. But not giving up. DBIL came back yesterday to work his last 2 weeks before he moves to Fairbury with DSIL. So we will have our basement back. I do hope it works out for him down there, he does have a job lined up to start the 28th. I admit I am looking forward to having our home to ourselves again.

Joyce--glad you are feeling better and sounds like Charlie is doing better also. Sending hugs and prayers. Glad your evening out with Charlie went well. Sounds like he is learning alot.

To those of you looking for something you and do with your husbands that is fun. We have started geocashing. At first I did not think I would like it. But we are having a great time and it gets us out doing something. You can google it as it is world wide.

Carey--Sending prayers and hugs!

pip--Congrates on your ride and no pain in the shoulder. You are a very stong lady. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Your sister very pretty like you.

Becca--Thanks for sharing, I printed it off and plan to read it several times.

Katiebug--I understand how you feel, I would be cleaning and fixing things just to keep from going nuts. Sending hugs and she is so lucky to have you come help.

Katla & Rori--glad you were able to get together. Love the picture. Hugs! sometimes the choices our children make are not the same one we would. All we can do is love them.

Heather--Fantastic news about the baby. DGD looks so happy in her birthday picture.

Terri--What an experince for you and DS. Good for you both doing that. So to hear the news from the doctor was not better. Pray the new meds work well.

Mindy--Thank you for sharing and glad that you are here with us.

Lisa--Hope you are better soon. Years ago I had a rectral fissure and lived in the bath tub with the hottest water for about 2 weeks. Was not fun.

Gayle--Sorry to hear about your back. Please be careful. Glad you enjoy the time with your mom.

Chris--Beautiful place to walk.

Rita--Sending hugs. Hope things get worked out soon. Work stress takes alot out of us. Most the time by the time I get off work all I want to just go home and eat or crawl under the covers in the dark.

Michele--Sounds like good news for Vince. Hope you both are able to relax.

Been a long day and get to come back tomorrow. So have a good evening and remember we are not in this alone.

Blessings, Vicki Grand Island, NE
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    Pip so sorry about your sister. I lost my only sister about ten years ago. The nieces I am seeing here are her daughters.
  • merevisited
    merevisited Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Anamika703 wrote: »
    Hello Ladies!
    Thanks Barbie for the new thread! I am sorry to note you are unwell, sending you healing thoughts and wishes.
    My August goal was to do 90kms of running and I finished with a 101k. But I have ended up with pain in the side of my shins.
    Aim to start keeping my food and drink journal regularly, along with a 100k running goal.
    Best wishes to all of you.
    Anamika from Mumbai
    barbiecat wrote: »
    35zjbsm58byj.jpg

:) Welcome back to those of you who have been posting on this thread and welcome to those of you who are joining us now.

The name of the thread is Women Ages 50+ but all women are welcome.

How did you do with your goals and resolutions for August?
    What goals and resolutions have you planned for September?

Please sign your post with your name or an alias and a location (general or specific) so we can get to know each other better.

And don't forget to bookmark this new thread so you can find it again.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washington smiley-happy020.gif

August Resolutions (with end of the month comments)
    *walk 15,000 steps a day (more than that every day except the last day of the month)
    *drink 9 glasses a water a day (every day)
    *weight training twice a week(eight times this month)
    *thoroughly clean guest room (finished)
    *thoroughly organize linen closet (finished)
    *speak up--don't sulk (I didn't realize how often I sulked when I thought I was being "a good sport" by not complaining---I also realized how much tone of voice matters) This was a great goal for me.

September resolutions
    *walk an average of 15,000+ steps a day
    *drink 9 glasses of water a day
    *strength training twice a week
    *15 minutes a day organizing photo files on computer and phone
    * meditate for five minutes four or more days a week

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    smiley-sleep012.gif took a 2 hour nap this afternoon with the pets to make up for my weird non-sleep last night. Jake called just as I woke up to tell me he was in the hotel and having problems with his tablet---not able to access the internet or do simple word processing. He bought the tablet especially for this trip so he is seriously disturbed and sad. I wanted to be there to help him....not that I'm so techno savvy but sometimes just having a second set of eyes can help solve a problem.

:) Michele, glad to hear that Vince's procedure went well.

:) Vicki, losing is always better than gaining

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif dogs ready to go out again....hope this will be the last walk of the day.

<3 Barbie
  • merevisited
    merevisited Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi...I'm Lyn I'm jumping in...1st day. I'm not sure I know how to post. I'm replying to a quote? Please advise. I'm using my android phone. I am just gaining weight and not stopping...I usually excuse myself by waiting for the best gadget or plan to be that one that makes a difference. This time I'm going to participate in the plan. I look
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Good evening!

Heather ... Good news about the baby!

Mindy ... Thank you for sharing. You are a survivor!

Margaret ... Such a blessing you are to your mother. I am so impressed by the way you conduct yourself in both your public and private life.

Terri ... My dad is a WW2 vet and went on one of those honor flights a couple of years ago to Washington DC. Usuallly an unemotional man, he wept telling us about his experience that day. You and the people who make those flights possible are never forgotten by these men. Thank you for volunteering.

Sylvia ... I have an en suite bath ... And that's a misnomer if there ever was one for this particular room ... That also has most of the wallpaper picked off. I started to "remodel" when I was nervous about son flying cross country without an attendant. Ok ... That was nearly 5 years ago!

Michelle ... Glad Vince's procedure is over! That's great news he can come off medication.

Well, I'm exhausted tonight. Have been worrying too much since school started and it's finally catching up with me. I really need to learn how to let go and let God take over...

Beth

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Barbie: Tell Jake to try another internet connection if he can. I went to the same restaurant I went to yesterday and could not get a good connection. Yesterday it worked just fine. I ended up going to the local library to get a good connection. If he is at a chain hotel they have numerous connections he needs to find the strongest one. It will tell him when he he hits the wii fi icon. I only got 72% at the restaurant today and that was not good enough to get onto the sites I wanted. He also may need to ask for a user name and a password from the hotel he is staying. Most have free wii fi some might charge. He can always go to a chain like McDonald's too. Just warn him not to do any financial dealings because these networks are not secure like your home usage. Hope this helps.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 11.31min, 15.3amph, 2.9mi = 113c
    Spin- 40min 87r 89w 9-13g 17.1mi = 332c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.06min, 13.2amph, 1.3mi = 65c
    ride dome 2 hm- 15.48min, 9.5amph, 2.5mi = 172c
    total cal 682
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    DeeDee, the bullying issue is getting better I think. She told me yesterday that a boy in one of her classes was bothering her so she told the teacher. That's an improvement over just sitting there and putting up with it. The trouble now is with her grades. They are so bad that she's being considered for special Ed. My son was kind of blindsided by the whole thing. She's been telling us how well she's doing. Then he got an email from one of her teachers. Apparently they've been sending notes home but she never gave them to her dad.

Another problem is that she's sneaking food after being told not to and hiding in the bathroom to eat it. That's not good. She already has a weight problem. I wish I knew how to help her.

Today I didn't get much done. Spent way too much time sitting and listening to an audio book. It's sad that so many audiobooks are so full of sex and bad language. I'm not a prude but it makes me feel a little ashamed when somebody walks in and hears part of what I'm listening to. Hubby walked into the studio for lunch and was startled by some vivid descriptions of oral sex. I couldn't get it turned off fast enough. He said, what the heck are you listening to?!!

My walking buddy is out of town this week, so it's hard to get motivated to do my steps. And my hips have been hurting, so maybe it's good to get some rest.

Enough rambling. I hope you are all having a great evening.

Sylvia
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say that I'm glad hubbies are getting better and that my thoughts are with you. I've had a draining day and am headed for bed.

Carol in NC
  • karenstay1
    karenstay1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Karen aged 54 just joined this
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Hi...I'm Lyn I'm jumping in...1st day. I'm not sure I know how to post. I'm replying to a quote? Please advise. I'm using my android phone. I am just gaining weight and not stopping...I usually excuse myself by waiting for the best gadget or plan to be that one that makes a difference. This time I'm going to participate in the plan. I look

Welcome!!! Chat anyway it works . Bottom of page were it says post, tape n write!! Gayle Minneapolis
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    17761776 wrote: »

Welcome!!! Chat anyway it works . Bottom of page were it says post, tap n write!! Gayle Minneapolis

• GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Rita - so sorry to hear of all the stresses in your life recently - no wonder you're having back and knee pain as well as being exhausted. I had a major falling out with my DS back in May when he moved to Northern CA to be with a girlfriend and just leaving his sons to deal with the confusion and pain of loss. I disowned him at that time and have had little to no contact with him, nor have his children. So much less stress since he has been out of my house.
    ((((((HUGS & HEALING PRAYERS)))))))
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    It's been me f those days again! So. Am just popping in to say hi and by. Another 9 PM bedtime again I think. Good and bad news is that Charlie will be coming home Friday. Good for him and bad for me. I am ntmdoen with my R&R. Haven't even had a chance to start it.

Joyce, Indiana
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Stats for today:
    16,000 steps
    158 minutes of dog walking

MNMargaret, thanks for the info about getting on the internet...I'll tell Jake when I talk to him in the morning...all he does on the internet is check his email and Facebook and read the news.

Sylvia, I listen to audiobooks only when I'm walking and only with headphones so no one knows why I'm laughing

Joyce, you're right that it's good for Charlie and bad for you that he's coming home soon....it's nice to have the house to yourself and not have to consider the needs of anyone else.

smiley-signs046.gif It's great to see new women join us....just jump into the conversation....sign your post with a name you'd like us to call you and a general geographic location so we can get to know you better.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washington smiley-happy020.gif
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Michele, how long did the procedure take for Vince? It seemed really fast from here. I’m glad for both of you that it’s over. Sending healing thoughts. Is he off his meds because he doesn't need them any more?

Cory, I guess that is part of renting? Probably the reason we were never landlords. I hate the problems you had. I'm sure you see all kinds.

Vicki, congrats on your loss. And congrats on getting your house back. You were kind to let them move in. I did Google Geocaching and it sounds fascinating. Tell us more? How often do you look for them and how often have you found them?

Barbie, what a bummer that Jake is having problems with his tablet. Those problems drive me crazy, but sometimes it’s a short drive.

Merevisited, welcome. Please tell us a bit about yourself to help us get to know you. We also ask that you sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location, general or specific. This is a great place for support and information so come often.

Beth, I hope you will be able to relax as you know it’s not good for us to keep all that tension inside. ((((Hugs))))

Sylvia, maybe you need to use a headset while listening to your X rated audiobooks. Lol I’m just picturing you fumbling with the player trying to turn it off when DH came in. LOL

Karen, welcome. Please tell us about yourself. This is a great group of lovely ladies that will gladly support your efforts. Good luck.

Carol NC, hope you have a better day tomorrow. (((Hugs)))

welcome.gif to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I got a little housework done today. For dinner, had Pork chops on the grill, cabbage and oven baked broccoli and cauliflower. It was yummy. It was an absolutely beautiful day and we should have another one tomorrow before the heat and humidity start back up. I’m still looking for a good beach day before fall arrives.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • DebFromFortWorth
    DebFromFortWorth Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, New here.. I am Deb from Texas..
    My goal is 50 lbs.. Just turned 61 yesterday :p
    Been doing MFP for 42 days & down 14lbs :)
    So that's me!
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, I am so sorry for the problems with your granddaughter. I just want to hug her. Such a tough age.

Michelle, thanks for the update on Vince.

My sister's surgery has been scheduled for Friday. Looks like I'll be here awhile.

Barbie, enjoy your time alone.

Welcome to the newbs!