Getting Frustrated......again

Options
124»

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    You said you usually eat at a deficit ?? It doesn't work like that. You must consistently eat at a deficit for weight loss. Cico.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    You said you usually eat at a deficit ?? It doesn't work like that. You must consistently eat at a deficit for weight loss. Cico.

But but....brownies!
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I went back in your dairy till the first of August...and really you have to tighten up your logging

1 orange and cups and spoon entry's are not accurate at all.
    medium strawberries
    0.5 cup of rice
    0.35 cup pinto beans
    0.5 bag of cheetos
    1 donut
    1 egg always 70 calories and always 50 gram ( try to weigh them really i do and it is always different by less btw)
    1 cookie
    3 tsp of sugar

well this is just over a couple days

what i am trying to say is Try to weigh EVERY solid food specially the dressings and other heavy calorie dense food.

When you dont lose or losing slowly and it doesnt match up with your calorie intake than you eat more than you think/know
    Look at this short video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

Now you dont have much to lose so you are losing slower too that is normal
    but the numbers have to match up at one point.
    Be patient collect the data over weeks and do the calculation :)

But for sure try to tighten up your logging, it will help.
    Dont estimate anything except when you are out or cant avoid it.

and also think of this
    The more weight you lose the smaller your deficit becomes..( smaller body, lighter, so you burn less calories)
    After every 10 pounds you lose you have to adjust your calorie intake...and losing 8 pounds isnt far off. You deficit is probably much smaller than you think.

So sit down and look over your dairy, get more accurate and you will see you lose the weight :)

Good luck
  • suzeexoxo
    suzeexoxo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Suze, your ticker says you've lost 8 pounds. How long did this take you?

I note by your diary that you use a lot of general entries, indicating that you don't weigh your solid foods. Make sure you weigh your food because measuring cups, spoons, and eyeballs are usually not accurate. Also, it looks like you don't log everything you consume (i noticed a day with very few calories), which I advise you do as well.

8lbs in like 5 mths. The day I have little calories is because I didn't really eat much. I weigh my solids on a food scale by grams.
  • suzeexoxo
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    thorsmom01 wrote: »

But but....brownies!
    BWBTrish wrote: »
    I went back in your dairy till the first of August...and really you have to tighten up your logging

1 orange and cups and spoon entry's are not accurate at all.
    medium strawberries
    0.5 cup of rice
    0.35 cup pinto beans
    0.5 bag of cheetos
    1 donut
    1 egg always 70 calories and always 50 gram ( try to weigh them really i do and it is always different by less btw)
    1 cookie
    3 tsp of sugar

well this is just over a couple days

what i am trying to say is Try to weigh EVERY solid food specially the dressings and other heavy calorie dense food.

When you dont lose or losing slowly and it doesnt match up with your calorie intake than you eat more than you think/know
    Look at this short video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

Now you dont have much to lose so you are losing slower too that is normal
    but the numbers have to match up at one point.
    Be patient collect the data over weeks and do the calculation :)

But for sure try to tighten up your logging, it will help.
    Dont estimate anything except when you are out or cant avoid it.

and also think of this
    The more weight you lose the smaller your deficit becomes..( smaller body, lighter, so you burn less calories)
    After every 10 pounds you lose you have to adjust your calorie intake...and losing 8 pounds isnt far off. You deficit is probably much smaller than you think.

So sit down and look over your dairy, get more accurate and you will see you lose the weight :)

Good luck

Makes sense thanks!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    suzeexoxo wrote: »
    I have been trying to lose weight for a couple of years now (yes, years) and I lose at an extremely slow pace. It's really frustrating for me, not seeing any significant results. I bought myself a Fitbit also.

Your Fitbit burn is TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), the calories necessary to maintain your current weight. If you eat less than that, you will lose weight.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

How slow is "an extremely slow pace"? A healthy, sustainable loss is .5 lb. per week for every 25 lbs. you're overweight. If you're losing slower than that, start by reading this flow chart:
    nnnaq5rggu08.jpg
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Your Fitbit cal burn does seem high. Here are a few of my days on Fitbit with the steps and cal burns. I'm 5'4 and between 140-145lbs

21000 steps 2460 cals
    11600 steps 2000 cals
    15000 steps 2210 cals
    10500 steps 1990 cals
    26700 steps 2770 cals
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I understand that there's a certain gratification with logging exercise, but I stopped doing it fairly early in my weight loss journey. There's the argument that you should eat back x% of calories burned, but too often I find it hard to correctly guess how much I burn. I just don't eat them back, and it works for me. Again, it differs between person.

Gonna sound like a parrot here with the whole "Weigh your food" buuuut -- that's the legit way to do it. Figure out what your deficit is and go from there. MFP has a calculator hanging around for that.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

I note by your diary that you use a lot of general entries, indicating that you don't weigh your solid foods. Make sure you weigh your food because measuring cups, spoons, and eyeballs are usually not accurate. Also, it looks like you don't log everything you consume (i noticed a day with very few calories), which I advise you do as well.

8lbs in like 5 mths. The day I have little calories is because I didn't really eat much. I weigh my solids on a food scale by grams.

A little over a pound a month, then? How long has it been since you have not lost any weight at all?
  • suzeexoxo
    Options
    Your Fitbit cal burn does seem high. Here are a few of my days on Fitbit with the steps and cal burns. I'm 5'4 and between 140-145lbs

21000 steps 2460 cals
    11600 steps 2000 cals
    15000 steps 2210 cals
    10500 steps 1990 cals
    26700 steps 2770 cals

Ok but am 5'4 and 172, so shouldn't my burn be more?? According to Fitbit based on my age, height and weight my TDEE (with about 10k steps) should be 2350. So is fitbit and all the other tdee calculators wrong? Im so cofused now.
  • suzeexoxo
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    I have been trying to lose weight for a couple of years now (yes, years) and I lose at an extremely slow pace. It's really frustrating for me, not seeing any significant results. I bought myself a Fitbit also.

Your Fitbit burn is TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), the calories necessary to maintain your current weight. If you eat less than that, you will lose weight.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

How slow is "an extremely slow pace"? A healthy, sustainable loss is .5 lb. per week for every 25 lbs. you're overweight. If you're losing slower than that, start by reading this flow chart:
    nnnaq5rggu08.jpg

Thanks!
  • suzeexoxo
    Options

A little over a pound a month, then? How long has it been since you have not lost any weight at all?

It's been about 1mth since the last time I lost anything.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    It looks like many entries are measured in cups and tablespoons. That is not the same as weighing your food. I'm guessing that you are eating more calories than you think and not burning as many. Both of those together would cause problems.
  • suzeexoxo
    Options
    I understand that there's a certain gratification with logging exercise, but I stopped doing it fairly early in my weight loss journey. There's the argument that you should eat back x% of calories burned, but too often I find it hard to correctly guess how much I burn. I just don't eat them back, and it works for me. Again, it differs between person.

Gonna sound like a parrot here with the whole "Weigh your food" buuuut -- that's the legit way to do it. Figure out what your deficit is and go from there. MFP has a calculator hanging around for that.

I don't log exercise only what my fitbit syncs based on my activity. I burn about 2300 per day if Im active so I have my MFP set at 1310.
  • suzeexoxo
    Options
    It looks like many entries are measured in cups and tablespoons. That is not the same as weighing your food. I'm guessing that you are eating more calories than you think and not burning as many. Both of those together would cause problems.

It could be. As many have suggested. I need to really tidy up my logging and measuring.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

21000 steps 2460 cals
    11600 steps 2000 cals
    15000 steps 2210 cals
    10500 steps 1990 cals
    26700 steps 2770 cals

Ok but am 5'4 and 172, so shouldn't my burn be more?? According to Fitbit based on my age, height and weight my TDEE (with about 10k steps) should be 2350. So is fitbit and all the other tdee calculators wrong? Im so cofused now.

Your burn would be more but I think 300+ cals more a day would be pretty extreme. Are you sure all your info is correct on fitbit?